TANCET - Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test - MBA (TANCET - 2017)
How to Prepare
Some people feel that is important to get into a coaching class and be prepared for TANCET but in actuality, it is quite possible to be fully prepared for the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test from home with just a little bit of conviction.
- Have a routine time table and follow it religiously. Do not make excuses to run away from studying. Be focused at all times. The time table will be very useful as it will help the students prepare for all the subjects equally.
- Use the following referece books
- ‘TANCET MBA – Anna University’ by E.S. Ramasamy
- ‘Quantitative Aptitude’ By R.S. Agarwal And S. Chand
- “Reasoning Textbook’ By R.S. Agarwal And S. Chand
- ‘Numerical Methods’ by Srimanta Pal
- Power System Analysis, T.K. Nagsarkar, M. S. Sukhija
- Practice with past question papers and gauge your competence with the papers so you know where you stand.
- Prepare through "TANCET Important questions and topics".
- Negative marks have a big impact on your Entrance test so first be prepared with things that you know for sure and then move onto the other subjects gradually. Make sure your basics are all right. Make genuine efforts to not make a mistake during taking the practice papers and make yourself able to attempt every question with proper determination.
- Time yourself since the question paper will be for a stipulated time. Make sure yopu don’t miss out on answering all your questions. If you don’t write the questions then you don’t get the marks for the test.
|Step 1||Create Login ID|
|Step 3||Payment of Fees|
TANCET 2017 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
TANCET 2017 News and Updates
The admit cards for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) 2017 have been released by Anna University, Chennai. The candidates who have applied for TANCET 2017 can download the admit card from the official website of Anna University. The candidates who are appearing for the TANCET 2017 ...Read more
Anna University conducts TANCET for the admission to various courses. Currently, the online registration process open for M.Tech, MBA and MCA courses. Therefore, the candidates who are aspiring to apply for TANCET 2017 can do the same on or before February 28, 2017. Anna University is conducting ...Read more
TANCET also known as the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test, is looked forward to be conducted by Anna University on behalf of the Tamil Nadu Government. The examination is for the students who wants to take admission into post-graduation course - Master of Business Administration (MBA) offered in university departments, regional centers of Anna university, arts & science colleges and self – financing & standalone colleges. Some other Institutes, Universities & Self – Financing Colleges may also admit the students on the basis of TANCET.
TANCET 2017 Conducting Body
The Government of Tamil Nadu has authorized Anna University for conducting the Tamilnadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) for admission to M.B.A . Anna University is a technical university in Tamil Nadu, India. The main university campus is located in Guindy, Chennai. It was named after C N Annadurai, former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu on 4 September 1978 . It became an affiliating university in 2001, absorbing all engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu. In 2007, it was split into six constituent universities namely Chennai (campus), Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirappalli, and Tirunelveli.
TANCET Contact Details
|Address||The Secretary Tamil Nadu Common Admissions (TANCA) Anna University Chennai - 600 025|
|Phone no||044 2235 7004|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
1) What is TANCET ?
Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) has to be taken by students who want admission into Post graduate programmes (MBA, MCA & ME/M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan) offered by Anna University and colleges affiliated to Anna University as well as to some other aided and unaided universities.
2) Who conducts it ?
Highly esteemed Anna University is responsible for conduction of this exam.
3) How to apply for TANCET ?
- Candidates must register first and fill the details like Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Email ID and Password
- The Email Id is the User Login ID for candidates to fill the TANCET Application Form
- They must enter their personal, academic details and choose the discipline applying for as well as the TANCET Exam Centre.
- They must upload a photograph in JPEG or JPG format not exceeding 25 KB.
- After agreeing to the declaration, candidates must pay the application fees online.
- After submission, candidates must take a printout of the application form and safe keep it.
- They must also note the unique TANCET Application No generated.
- They need not send the application form to Anna University.
4) What is the cost of application form?
- Cost of application form is INR 500 for General Candidates and INR 250 for SC/ST Candidates have to pay an application fee of Rs.500 (Rs 250 for SC/SCA/ST candidates) to complete the application process.
- The entrance test fee can be paid only through Online.
5) Which documents do I need to uploaded to the TANCET along with my application form ?
N need to send these documents along with your application form:
- Copy of X Std. or equivalent mark sheet.
- Copy of XII Std. mark sheet OR 3 years Diploma certificate.
- Entrance Test Fee in the form of Demand Draft.
- Self-attested copy of the permanent community certificate (for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamilnadu).
6) In Which Month Conducts MBA TANCET Exam ?
Generally this Exam conducts in the Second week of June every year.
7) What are the entrance test centres for TANCET ?
8) When will I get my Admit Card ?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the First week of June (onwards). You will have to log onto the TANCET website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website.
9) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card ?
The admit card will contain the following details: Name of the candidate Test date Test City & Centre address User ID / Registration Number PWD/DA status.
10) Can I apply for more than one programme through a single TANCET exam ?
Yes, you can apply for more than one programme through a single TANCET exam. Candidates have to register only one application for all the three entrance tests. The candidates have to pay ` 500/- (` 250/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates) as entrance test fee for any one of the programmes,like:-
- M.B.A., or
- M.C.A. or
- M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan.
11) I do not belong to Tamil nadu. Can I still apply for TANCET ?
Yes, candidates belonging to other states can also apply for TANCET . However, the eligibility criteria will be specified by the admitting authority / University.
12) What is the eligiblity criteria for TANCET ?
A pass in any recognised degree with 10 + 2 + 3 years pattern .
- A pass in any recognised degree with 10 + 3 years diploma + 3 years pattern .
- A pass in all branches of B.E., B.Arch., B.Pharm, B.Tech. Candidates who have passed the qualifying degree course/ appearing for the final semester/ year examination of the said qualifying degree course during April/ May may appear for TANCET.
13) What is the examination pattern of TANCET ?
The duration of Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) test will be of 2 hours.
1. Each section comprises of 20 questions. There will be 5 answer choices.
2. Test paper will consist of 100 objective type questions from 5 sections namely -
- Reading Comprehension
- English Grammar & Usage
- Analysis of Business Situation
- Quantitative Ability
- Data Sufficiency
14) What is maximum Age Eligibility Criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
15) Will there be any negative marking ?
Yes,there is negative marking of 1/3 marks for each wrong answer or wrong shading.
16) Am I allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue ?
No ,you are not allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue.
17) Will I get sheets/papers for rough work/calculations etc for TANCET MBA ?
Yes, but no electronic devices are allowed in examination hall/room.
18) Are there any breaks during the test ?
There are no scheduled breaks in the test. However, test takers can take unscheduled breaks if they want during the test session. An unscheduled break means a break during which the test clock does not stop. If a test taker chooses to take a break, the actual time spent on the break will be deducted from the time allocated to complete the test. No extra time will be given to complete the test. During the break, the test taker must leave the testing room. Upon re-entering the testing room, the test taker must show a valid ID.
19) When will the TANCET (MBA) results be declared ?
Results will be available on the website First week of JUNE .Please refer official website for final result announcement date.
20) For how long is the TANCET (MBA) score valid ?
The TANCET (MBA) score is valid for just one year.
21) Is TANCET(MBA) result based on ranking or percentile ?
The result is based on ranking.
22) What are the specializations offered at ANNA University in MBA ?
The specializations offered at ANNA University in MBA are:-
- Master of Business Administration ( M.B.A. - (Regular)
- M.B.A . ( Hospitality Management – Self Supporting),
- M.B.A. (Part Time – Self Supporting) Degree Programmes.
23) What is the counselling process for TANCET ?
The counseling for TANCET is likely to be held in July . Applications for participation in counseling must be sent along with all the relevant certificates, counseling fee and scorecard/TANCET scorecard to: The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Common Admissions (TANCET), Anna University, Chennai – 600 025. Venue of the counseling will be the university itself.
24) What are the special quotas available for TNEA ?
Know the various categories by which students are admitted through single window counseling in Tamil Nadu. Some of the allotments are Sports quota, Ex-servicemen quota, Differently-abled quota and caste based allotment.
25) Who should submit Nativity Certificate ?
Candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu having studied VIII, IX, X, XI & XII Std or their equivalent examination in Tamil Nadu need not enclose a Nativity Certificate. However, students having passed any of these classes VIII, IX, X, XI & XII Std or their equivalent examination outside Tamil Nadu should enclose a Nativity Certificate. Other state candidates having studied VIII, IX, X, XI & XII Std in Tamil Nadu need not enclose Nativity Certificate, but are eligible for open competition only. (1890).
26) Can I authorize someone else to attend the counselling ?
Due to unforeseen and unavoidable reasons, if a candidate is unable to attend the counseling on the specified date and time, he/she can authorize his/her parent on his/her behalf and the parent decision will be binding on the candidate.
27) What if I cannot attend the counselling ?
You can authorize your parent to attend the counseling Due to unforeseen reasons, if a candidate could not attend the counseling on the specified date and time, he/she can attend on a subsequent time/date, during the counseling period. But the candidate can only opt for the seats available at that time and cannot claim any seat as per original rank.
28) Which colleges are covered under TANCET ?
The top colleges covered under this examination are:
- Government College of Engineering, Chennai (Anna University)
- PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai (Anna University)
- Government College of Engineering, Coimbatore
- Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore
- Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering, Thirupuror, Kanchipuram
- Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai
- A.C. College of Technology, Chennai (Anna University)
- Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Sri Venkateshwara College of Engineering, Kanchipuram.
29) Which are the coordinating centres for TANCET ?
Following is the list of coordinating centres for TANCET :
1.Chennai Examination Centre, Anna University, Chennai
2.Chidambaram Annamalai University
3.Coimbatore Government College of Technology
4.Dindigul University College of Engineering, Dindigul
5.Erode Institute of Road and Transport Technology
6.Karaikudi Alagappa College of Engineering & Technology
7.Madurai Anna University Regional Centre – Madurai
8. Nagercoil University College of Engineering, Nagercoil
9. Salem Government College of Engineering
10. Thanjavur Kunthavai Naacchiyaar Govt. Arts College for Women
11. Tirunelveli Government College of Engineering
12. Tiruchirappalli Anna University Regional Centre – Tiruchirappalli
13. Vellore Thanthai Periyar Government Institute of Technology
14. Villupuram University College of Engineering, Villupuram
15. Virudhunagar Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place