- About Maharashtra MBBS Admission
- Maharashtra MBBS Admission Important Dates 2021
- Maharashtra MBBS Admission Eligibility Criteria 2021
- Maharashtra MBBS Admission Application Process 2021
- Maharashtra MBBS Admission Application Fees 2021
- Maharashtra MBBS Admission Selection Process 2021
- Maharashtra MBBS Merit List 2021
- Maharashtra MBBS Reservation Policy 2021
- Maharashtra MBBS Counselling 2021
- Maharashtra MBBS Admission 2021 Documents Required
- Maharashtra MBBS Admission 2021 Document Verification Centres
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The Commissionerate, Common Entrance Test Cell, Mumbai is conducting MBBS admissions in Maharashtra 2021. Interested medical aspirants can check the details of MBBS admissions along with the important dates, eligibility, domicile rules, Maharashtra MBBS counselling process etc. through this article. The process will begin soon after the NEET 2021 resultsand the participating colleges release the cutoff scores are out. Find the details about the Maharashtra MBBS counselling process and Maharashtra MBBS selection process below.
|NEET 2021 Result||NEET 2021 Cutoff|
About Maharashtra MBBS Admission
Maharashtra MBBS admissions are organised by the Directorate of Medical Education and Research (DMER) Maharashtra for all students seeking medical courses in state-run colleges. Candidates looking forward to applying to Maharashtra MBBS admission 2021 can apply through the official admission portal by DMER. MBBS and BDS courses offered by medical colleges in Maharashtra are filled on the basis of Maharashtra MBBS counselling 2021. The admission is done on the basis of NEET resultsand candidates are required to secure the NEET Cut-off set by NTA in order to be eligible. Find out the detailed Maharashtra MBBS eligibility criteria and selection process below.
|List of Documents Required for NEET 2021 Counselling for MBBS Admission|
|NEET 2021 Scores/ Cutoff for Government Colleges (15% AIQ) - Check Details Here|
Maharashtra MBBS Admission Important Dates 2021
The important dates for Maharashtra MBBS admission are as follows:
Publication of Seat Matrix
Online Registration and Payment of Registration Fees Through Online Payment Gateway for MBBS/BDS
Publication of Provisional Merit List
Declaration of Round 1 MBBS/ BDS (Selection List)
Last date of joining to the selected college during 1st round for MBBS / BDS course only.
Maharashtra Second Round Selection List 2021
Document verification for round 2
Choice Filling for round 2
Second seat allotment list
Last date to join college
Mop-up round result declaration
Last date to report at the allotted college
Last date for admission
Maharashtra MBBS Admission Eligibility Criteria 2021
Nationality and Nativity: In order to secure admission under the 85% state seats, candidates must be domicile holders of Maharashtra. Apart from this, the following students are eligible under the remaining 15% seats:
- All Indian citizens are eligible to take admission under the all-India quota in Maharashtra MBBS admissions.
- NRIs can take admission only if the respective medical institute has seats reserved for NRI students under institutional quota.
- OCI candidates will be eligible for Government Aided, Government Corporation or Private unaided colleges only if they have passed 10+2 from Maharashtra or have lived in the state for at least 10 years.
Education Qualification: All candidates must have the following in order to participate in the admissions
- Candidates must have passed class 12 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (zoology and botany) with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- Candidates from reserved category and reserved category PwD students must have scored at least 40% with the same subjects and PwD general students must have scored 45%.
- Candidates must have secured NEET cut-off and the percentile that CBSE deemed as passing marks in NEET.
Age: The minimum age acceptable for admission is 17 years as of December 31, 2021, or candidates must have been born on or before December 31, 2021.
Medical Fitness: All candidates are required to be medically fit in order to pursue MBBS courses from medical colleges in Maharashtra.
Maharashtra MBBS Admission Application Process 2021
- Candidates can register for Maharashtra MBBS admissions through the online portal of DMER Maharashtra.
- On registration, the candidates will get their access details on the registered email ID or mobile phone. Using these credentials they can succeed the counselling application form and fill all the details.
- On completing the application form for Maharashtra MBBS admissions 2021, candidates will have to pay the application fees.
Maharashtra MBBS Admission Application Fees 2021
Given below is the application fee for Maharashtra MBBS admissions:
Maharashtra MBBS Admission Fees
Bank Challan Charges
Maharashtra MBBS Admission Selection Process 2021
Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of NEET for all state-based colleges. For this, the choice list of students is considered and they are offered a seat in the best colleges available according to their marks in NEET.
Maharashtra MBBS Merit List 2021
DMER releases a merit list and candidates who have their names mentioned in the list will be eligible to move to the document verification round. Only those candidates whose names are there in the Maharashtra MBBS merit list are eligible for the choice filling in the Maharashtra MBBS counselling 2021. The Maharashtra MBBS merit list will comprise the Candidate’s name, NEET roll number, NEET Rank and registration number.
Maharashtra MBBS Reservation Policy 2021
Maharashtra offers reservations to students who have lived in Maharashtra for at least 10 years and those who have completed 10+2 from schools or junior colleges in the state. Maharashtra is divided into three major regions namely, Marathwada, Vidarbha and the Rest of Maharastra (RoM). Students from these regions are considered under the 70% regional quota seats offered under the 85% state quota.
Percentage of Seats
Regional Quota (30% for females) and seats for Reserved category students as per the Govt. of India rules
All India Quota
Maharashtra MBBS Counselling 2021
For Maharashtra MBBS counselling 2021, candidates are required to submit their choices in order of decreasing preference. Once the choices are submitted, candidates will not be able to change the list of courses or colleges in the Maharashtra MBBS counselling form. Seats available in the medical colleges in the state will be allocated on the basis of the preference list provided by students and the Maharashtra State merit list on the basis of NEET.
Maharashtra MBBS Admission 2021 Documents Required
Candidates must carry the original copies and at least 5 self-attested copies of the following documents during the document verification process for securing admission after seat allocation:
- NEET 2021 admit card
- NEET 2021 scorecard
- Maharashtra MBBS Application 2021
- Proof for date of birth (birth certificate or class 10 pass certificate)
- Nationality Certificate (Passport or Certificate from the District Magistrate)
- Domicile of Maharashtra
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Medical fitness certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
Maharashtra MBBS Admission 2021 Document Verification Centres
- Government Medical College, Nagpur
- Grant Government Medical College, Sir J.J. Hospital Campus, Byculla, Mumbai (NRI candidates to report here only)
- B.J. Government Medical College, Pune
- Government Medical College, Nanded
- RA Podar Ayurvedic College, Worli, Mumbai
- Government Ayurvedic College, Nagpur
- Government Medical College, Aurangabad
- Government Ayurvedic College, Osmanabad
Candidates seeking admission in Maharashtra MBBS courses will have to apply through the online portal in order to be considered for the seat allotment round under the 85% state quota seats. The number of rounds in the central counselling for Maharashtra will depend on the seats that remain vacant after the first seat allocation round.
You may click on the links given below to know more:
Candidates must follow up with the DMER website to confirm the number of counselling rounds or stay tuned with CollegeDekho to get the latest updates on Maharashtra MBBS admission 2021.