Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Assam MBBS admissions 2020 will be done on the basis of the NEET.If you are a native student of Assam or domicile certificate holder, you are eligible for the Assam MBBS and BDS admission 2020. Candidates who clear NEETcan apply for admission to Assam MBBS 2020, as well as admission to BDS. NEET 2020 Result was released on 16th October 2020.
|List of MBBS Seats Available in Government Medical College as per NEET 2020|
Assam MBBS Admissions 2020
Directorate of Medical Education – Assam is responsible for conducting MBBS and BDS admission process for government and private medical colleges across the state. Already, DMER Assam will initiate the process of admissions by releasing the Assam MBBS Merit List 2020. Candidates whose name will feature in the Assam MBBS Merit List 2020 are eligible for admission.
Also Read- Important Topics for NEET-UG 2020
Assam MBBS Admissions Important Dates 2020
Given below are the tentative dates for Assam MBBS admissions 2020:
Assam MBBS Merit List 2020
First round of counselling
Round 1 seat allotment
Reporting to the allotted college
Second round of counselling
Reporting to the designated college
Assam MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2020
Nationality & Domicile Rules: The applicants must be the citizens of India and he/ she must be a permanent resident of Assam, which means that the candidates must have completed Class 10 and Class 12 from Assam Board.
Lower and Upper Age Limit: The lower age limit of the admission seekers should not be less than 17 years as on December 31, 2020. The upper age limit of the applicants should not be more than 25 years as of May 05, 2020.
Educational Requirement: The candidate must have cleared Class 12 with Biology, Physics and Chemistry as the main subjects. Apart from that, the candidates must have a valid NEET-UG 2020 score.
Qualifying Marks: Candidates belonging to the unreserved category should have 60% marks in Class 12, while reserved category candidates should have 50% marks in Class 12. The candidates must score a minimum qualifying score or percentile in NEET-UG 2020 to be considered for the admission.
Assam MBBS Admissions 2020 Application Process
- There is no online application process for Assam MBBS Admissions 2020.
- The candidates will have to visit the official website of DMER Assam to download and take a printout of Assam MBBS Application Form.
- Click on ‘Admission Notices’ link on the homepage.
- A new page will open, and you will have to click on the link ‘Schedule – I – Application Form’.
- Download the application form.
- Fill all the details carefully without any errors.
- Paste a passport size photograph on the application form.
- Enclose the mandatory documents prescribed on the application form.
- Submit the application form to the concerned authority on the day of counselling.
Assam MBBS Admissions 2020 Documents Required
The candidates must enclose the following documents along with application form: -
- NEET-UG Score Card and Admit Card
- HSLC Certificate/ Marksheets
- HSSLC Certificate/ Marksheets
- Caste Certificate (only for reserved categories)
- Residence Certificate
- Other Reservation Quota Certificate (if applicable)
The candidates will have to submit two sets of self-attested photocopies of the above-mentioned documents along with the application form. On the other hand, the candidates will also have to submit original documents on the day of counselling.
Assam MBBS 2020 Counselling Process
As per the schedule mentioned above, the candidates will have to take part in the counselling process.
Only those candidates featured in the Assam NEET Merit List 2020 are eligible for the counselling process.
While attending the counselling, the candidates will have to submit all the documents mentioned above to the concerned authority.
- The Assam MBBS 2020 counselling process will take place at Office of Director of Medical Education, Sixmile, Khanapara – Guwahati.
- The candidates will be called as per their NEET-UG 2020 rank and category.
- During the counselling process, the officials will complete the certificate verification process.
- The seat allocation process will be done by the authorities of DMER based on the preferences filled by the candidates in the application form.
Assam MBBS Selection Process 2020
DMER will allocate the seats to the candidates as per merit. NEET-UG rank and academic record of the candidates will be taken into consideration for the allocation of seats. DMER will publish the list of selected candidates on the official website of DMER. The candidates who secured admission will have to report to the college and pay the course fee within the stipulated date.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for the latest Assam MBBS admission 2020 news and updates.