- New in NEET 2020 - Must Check
- Karnataka MBBS Admission 2020
- Karnataka MBBS Admission Important Dates 2020
- Karnataka MBBS Admission Eligibility Criteria 2020
- Karnataka MBBS Admission Application Process 2020
- Karnataka MBBS Admission Application Fees 2020
- Karnataka MBBS Admission Selection Process 2020
- Karnataka MBBS Counselling 2020
- Karnataka MBBS Documents Required
- Karnataka MBBS Seat Allotment 2020
- Top Medical Colleges in Karnataka
- Related Articles
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Candidates can apply for Karnataka MBBS admissions 2020 online on the basis of NEET results in order to secure admission in Karnataka-based medical colleges. Candidates can also check the number of MBBS seats available in Indian medical colleges for better analysis. Read the following details for Karnataka MBBS and BDS admission procedure 2020.
New in NEET 2020 - Must Check
|Karnataka MBBS Admission 2020 Official Bulletin||List of Documents Required for NEET 2020 Counselling for MBBS Admission|
|NEET 2020 Seats at Govt Colleges for MBBS||NEET 2020 Scores/ Cutoff for Government Colleges (15% AIQ) - Check Details Here|
Karnataka MBBS Admission 2020
The medical colleges in Karnataka offer admission to native students on the basis of domicile and 85% seats in these state medical colleges are reserved for domicile holders on the basis of MBBS state merit lists. Candidates seeking participation in Karnataka MBBS admission 2020 will have to fill the applications and appear for the document verification in order to be eligible for the seat allotment round. Only those who qualify the NEET cut-offcan apply for admissions. Check the details regarding Karnataka MBBS admissions below for admission to top medical colleges.
Karnataka MBBS Admission Important Dates 2020
The important dates for Karnataka MBBS Admission 2020 are as follows:
Karnataka MBBS admission application to be released on
7th November 2020
Karnataka MBBS admission application deadline
10th November 2020 11:00 pm
Last date for payment of application fee
10th November 2020 5:30 pm
Display of seats and fee structure
Option Entry by eligible candidates
Mock allotment result publication
Changing of Option Entry
Round 1 seat allotment result
Admission order download (Choice 1 candidates)
Last date for reporting at the allotted college
Round 2 display of seat matrix
|Display of All India Quota seat matrix||TBA|
|Option Entry (Choice Filling)||TBA|
|Mock round result||TBA|
|Round 2 result||TBA|
|Last date for reporting to the allotted college||TBA|
Karnataka MBBS Admission Eligibility Criteria 2020
Education Qualification: Apart from mandatory norms of qualifying NEETin order to participate in Karnataka MBBS admission 2020, following are the eligibility criteria required:
- Candidates must have passed class 12 board exams or any other equivalent exams with English as one of the subjects.
- All general candidates seeking admission in Karnataka MBBS courses must have secured at least 50% marks in Physics, Biology and Chemistry. Whereas, SC and ST students (who reside in Karnataka) must have secured at least 40% in the subjects mentioned above.
- Candidates will be eligible to participate in Karnataka MBBS seat allocation only if they have qualified the NEET cut-off 2020 set by the CBSE.
Nationality: All candidates seeking seats under Karnataka MBBS admission 2020 must be citizens of India.
Nativity/ Domicile Holder: Candidates will be considered domicile holders or natives of the state if they fulfil either of the following criteria:
- Candidates applying under this category must have studied in a Karnataka-based institute recognized by the state government for a minimum of seven years.
- Candidates must have studied from a Karnataka-based government institute from class 9 to 12 (or 1st and 2nd year PUC). Also, either of the parents of the candidates must have studied from Karnataka for at least 7 years.
- Candidates who have passed class 12 (or equivalent exam) from any school or institute outside Karnataka can apply under the domicile criteria if either of their parents is a Karnataka domicile holder. Also, in this case, the candidate or either of the parent must have Kannada, Kodava or Tulu as their mother tongue and candidate will be required to appear for Kannada language test.
Karnataka MBBS Admission Application Process 2020
Karnataka MBBS admission application form will be available in online mode and students will be required to fill up their details in order to participate.
- Only those candidates who successfully register and complete Karnataka MBBS application form will be eligible for choice filling and counselling process.
- Candidates will be required to pay the application fees through bank challan that will have to be submitted during bank hours.
- A training class will be conducted for applicants after the registration process is over. This will guide the students about the different stages of the admission procedure.
Karnataka MBBS Admission Application Fees 2020
Candidates can take a look at the application fee for Karnataka MBBS admissions 2020
General Category Students
Reserved Category Students
Karnataka MBBS Admission Selection Process 2020
Candidates will be allocated seats in Karnataka medical colleges on the basis of NEET 2020 score and rank and the Karnataka MBBS merit list. The seat allotment will be done on the basis of choices filled by the students and on the basis of seats available in different seats. Check Karnataka MBBS and BDS seat allotment and counselling details below.
Karnataka MBBS Counselling 2020
Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) will conduct the counselling for Karnataka MBBS admissions 2020. A mock seat allocation round will also be conducted by KEA so that students get familiar with the options that they can use and the choices that they can expect to get. Candidates will also be able to make changes in their choices after the mock seat allotment round. Karnataka MBBS mop-up round will be organized only if seats remain vacant after the counselling rounds.
Karnataka MBBS Documents Required
- Printout of Application Karnataka MBBS Form
- NEET Admit Card
- Bank Challan copy for Karnataka MBBS application for fees
- Secondary School Certificate
- Mark sheet of Class 12 or 2nd PUC
- Two recent passport size photograph
- Attested study certificate by Deputy Director of Public Instruction (DDPI) or Block Education Officer.
Karnataka MBBS Seat Allotment 2020
Candidates can visit the official website to check the first allotment list.
Choice 1: Candidates who are content with their choices after the first round of seat allocation is announced, will have to opt the choice 1, download the admission order and pay the admission fee in order to secure the seat. Once the choice 1 has been selected candidates will not be able to apply for further counselling rounds. In case the candidates have opted for choice 1 and they fail to report at the designated centres their fees will be forfeited.
Choice 2: In case candidates are satisfied with their allocated choices but want to appear for further counselling rounds then they will have to opt for choice 2. These candidates will be required to pay the prescribed fees but will be considered for further rounds of counselling. If these candidates get a better option in the next round then their previously allocated seats will be cancelled.
Choice 3: If candidates are not satisfied with the second choice then they can participate in the second round by opting for choice 3. For this, candidates will have to cancel the allotted seats and re-enter the choices.
Choice 4: Candidates who do not want to participate in any of the rounds can opt for choice 4.
Top Medical Colleges in Karnataka
You may click on the links given below to know more:
Karnataka medical colleges also offer reservations to SC, ST and PwD students on the basis of norms set by the central government. All details regarding the counselling will be provided to you by CollegeDekho. Stay tuned for updates regarding Karnataka MBBS and BDS admissions 2020.