Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The Bachelor of Law (LL.B) course is among the most popular law programmes in India. Unlike an integrated law course which is covered over 5 years and provides students with a dual degree, the degree of LL.B is completed in just three years. LL.B has been one of the top course choices of students who wish to make a career in law.
If you are looking forward to taking admission to any law college in Punjab offering LL.B, go through this article to get all the information about it. There are many popular law institutes in Punjab that offer the Bachelor of Law (LL.B) programme to aspiring candidates.
Highlights of Punjab LL.B Admissions 2022
Go through the table given below to know the overview and basic details of Punjab LL.B admissions for the academic session 2022-22. All the necessary details about the admission process of LL.B in Punjab are mentioned here.
|Admission Level||State Level|
|Course||Bachelor of Law (LL.B)|
|Eligibility||Any UG Degree|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam or Merit Based|
Punjab LL.B Eligibility Criteria 2022
To secure admission to an LL.B college in Punjab, it is essential for the candidates to meet the eligibility criteria of the course. Anyone who fails to do so will not be given a seat in their desired college. Check out the detailed Punjab LL.B eligibility criteria given below.
- The candidate must have completed a bachelor degree or its equivalent from a recognised university or college.
- It is mandatory for the applicant to have completed the UG degree in the regular mode. Only a few colleges accept students who have obtained their undergraduate degree through distance education and such students must target these colleges for admission.
- There is no age limit to apply for LL.B admission in Punjab.
- The student must have scored at least 45 per cent marks in aggregate in the UG degree (40 per cent for reserved category candidates).
- It is mandatory for the candidate to have received passing marks in all the subjects of the bachelor degree as well as in class 12.
- The eligibility conditions vary from college to college so candidates must go through the criteria specified by their desired college.
- Some colleges also consider candidates with a postgraduate degree in any stream eligible for LL.B admission.
- If the college in which the candidate seeks admission needs the score of a law entrance exam, he/ she will have to appear for the exam and get a valid score.
Punjab LL.B Application Form 2022
The application process for Punjab LL.B admissions is usually completed in the online mode. Candidates will have to apply to each college separately. The detailed Punjab LL.B application process has been explained below.
- The student will have to visit the official website of the college to which he/ she desires admission.
- He/ she has to ensure that the application process is completed within the stipulated deadline.
- On the official website, the link to the application form will be available either on the home page or under the "Admissions" tab.
- The candidate will have to click on the link in order to access the application form for LL.B admissions.
- While filling the application form, some personal and educational details of the candidate will be required.
- He/ she must enter all valid and correct details as any discrepancy will lead to the cancellation of the application form.
- Marks scored in the qualifying exams and identification details will be required while filling the form.
- After entering all the information asked, the students will have to upload scanned copies of the required documents.
- They will also have to upload scanned copies of their passport-sized photograph and signature.
- Once the form is filled with all the information, candidates will have to pay the requisite application fee.
- The application fee can be paid through any online payment gateway like debit card, credit card, net banking, etc.
- If the college accepts offline applications, candidates can pay the fee through a demand draft or visit the college admin office.
Punjab LL.B Selection Process 2022
The selection process followed by law colleges in Punjab for LL.B varies from institute to institute. In most cases, one of the following ways is used for shortlisting candidates for the LL.B programme.
Through National/ State Level Entrance Exam:
A majority of the law colleges in the state of Punjab accept scores of any national-level or state-level entrance exam for selecting candidates for their LL.B course. It is mandatory for the aspirants to appear for the exams accepted by their desired college in order to be eligible for admission.
|List of National Level Law Entrance Exams in India 2022||List of State Level Law Entrance Exams in India 2022|
Through College Entrance Exams:
There are some law colleges in Punjab that organise their own entrance exams to test the aptitude of applicants and provide admission. The candidates have to take the institute-level exam and qualify the decided cut off score in order to be considered for admission to that college. Apart from that, further rounds might also be held for shortlisting candidates.
On the Basis of Merit:
There are a few law colleges in the state of Punjab that select candidates on the basis of the marks they have obtained in the qualifying degree. These institutes consider the aggregate marks scored in the bachelor degree by applicants for shortlisting them. A merit list is prepared in which the applicant who has higher marks is given preference.
Punjab LL.B Entrance Exams 2022
There are some popular law entrance exams that are accepted across the law colleges of Punjab for LL.B admissions. A few of these exams have been listed below.
Consortium of NLUs
|Law School Admission Test - India (LSAT India)||National Level||Pearson VUE on behalf of Law School Admission Council (LSAC)|
|Panjab University Under Graduate Law Entrance Exam (PU UGLAW)||State Level||Punjab University|
Chandigarh University Common Entrance Test (CUCET)
|Army Institute of Law - Law Entrance Test (AIL LET)||Institute Level||Army Institute of Law|
Lovely Professional University
Punjab LL.B Top Colleges 2022
The students who are looking for good law colleges in Punjab for LL.B can go through the table given below to know some options to be considered. The location of the college along with its fee structure for LL.B have also been given.
|College Name||Location||BA LL.B Fees|
|Lovely Professional University (LPU)||Jalandhar, Punjab||Rs. 2.4 lacs per annum|
|Chandigarh University||Chandigarh, Punjab||Rs. 1.3 lacs per annum|
|Rayat Bahra University||Mohali, Punjab||Rs. 85,000 per annum|
|Chandigarh Group of Colleges||Jhanjeri, Mohali, Punjab||Rs. 69,000 per annum|
|Bhai Gurdas Group of Institutions||Sangrur, Punjab||Rs. 70,000 per annum|
|Guru Nanak Dev University Regional Campus Sathiala||Amritsar, Punjab||-|
|Universal Group of Institutions||Mohali, Punjab||Rs. 50,000 per annum|
|Punjabi University||Patiala, Punjab||Rs. 67,300 per annum|
|Amritsar Group of Colleges (AGC)||Amritsar, Punjab||Rs. 1 lac per annum|
|Khalsa College of Law (KLC)||Amritsar, Punjab||-|
If there is anything else about LL.B admissions in Punjab that you wish to know, write to us through the QnA Zone or call on the toll free student helpline number 1800-572-9877. You can fill our Common Application Form to speak to our admission experts and avail counselling.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho to get more updates and information on law admissions in India.