Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The Symbiosis International University, which is abbreviated as SIU, conducts its individual entrance exams for admitting students to the various courses that are offered at the different institutes of the university. The Symbiosis Entrance Examination for Design (SEED) is held every year for students who seek admission to the Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID) or the Symbiosis School of Planning, Architecture, and Design (SSPAD). SEED is a university level entrance examination that is taken by SIU through which it selects applicants for its design courses. However, in view of the unprecedented COVID-19 situation, the Symbiosis International University (SIU) has announced the cancellation of the Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design (SEED) 2020. The new admission process for design courses will include a Portfolio review and personal interview over video conferencing.
SEED is accepted by two institutes, SID and SSPAD which are located in Pune and Nagpur respectively. SID, Pune offers the undergraduate course of Bachelor of Design (B.Des) and at SSPAD, Nagpur, candidates can take admission to the programmes of B.Des, Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch), and the postgraduate course M.Des (Master of Design). SEED is one of the most popular design entrance exams of India. A massive number of students appear for the exam every year in order to get admission to any of these two institutes.
This article focuses on the important dates of SEED 2020. It caters solely to the admission schedule of SEED 2020 and provides the dates set by the university for all the events. Students who are interested in applying for the examination of Symbiosis Entrance Examination for Design in order to get admission in the academic cycle of 2020 - 2021 must be aware of the timeline of all the formalities of admission.
The schedule of SEED exam, studio test, as well as the round of interview has been released. Candidates can check the dates of SEED application process and other events here.
SEED 2020 Important Dates
The Symbiosis International University has released a notification regarding the schedule of SEED 2020. The entrance exam is going to be held in the morning shift. The SEED 2020 application process has already commenced and is underway currently. The deadline for the submission of the application form has been extended, It is important for the candidates to note that if they wish to secure admission in a design course offered at SIU, they have to not only fill the application form of SEED but they are also required to register themselves for admission at both the colleges that accept SEED scores and admit students. Given below are the important dates of SEED 2020.
SEED 2020 Application Process Begins
22nd January 2020
SEED 2020 Application Process Ends
20th May 2020 (Closed)
Last Day for SEED 2020 Application Fee Submission
20th May 2020 (Closed)
Release of SEED 2020 Admit Card
May 18, 2020
Release of SEED 2020 Results
Announcement of names of candidates shortlisted for Studio Test and Personal Interaction (STPI) rounds
Booking slot for STPI rounds
Last Date for STPI Slot Booking
|Portfolio Review and Personal Interaction round||May 20, 2020 to May 25, 2020|
|Declaration of First Merit List||June 2, 2020|
|Period for fees payment and online registration for the programme for the First Merit List Candidates||June 2, 2020 to June 9, 2020|
|Commencement of the Programme||TBA|
SEED 2020 Application Process
The application process of SEED 2020 can be completed in both online or offline mode. The students who are seeking guidelines regarding how to apply for SEED 2020 can find all the information here. The step by step process of SEED application procedure has been explained in detail below.
SEED 2020 Online Application Process
In order to apply for the SEED exam through the online mode, candidates will have to follow the steps given below.
- All aspirants will have to register on the official website of SET (Symbiosis Entrance Test).
- On the top right corner of the home page, candidates will find the option of ‘Register Now’.
- They will have to click on that box which will redirect them to the registration page of SEED.
- The candidates will have to register themselves as new users if they have not completed the registration process.
- They will get detailed information about the policies, eligibility criteria, conditions for registration, payment instructions, etc. and they will have to agree to all the terms and conditions.
- Once the candidate has agreed to the terms and conditions, he/ she will be taken to the application form of SEED.
- Here, applicants will have to first enter their personal information. This includes their name, mobile number, email ID, gender, nationality, date of birth, category, etc.
- Following the section of personal information are the educational details. The candidate will be required to fill in his/ her academic qualifications like the board of education under which he/ she has cleared class 12th, the aggregate percentage of marks obtained, etc.
- It is extremely important for the candidate to be very mindful of the entries he/ she makes. Even a little discrepancy in the application form can result in the disqualification of his/ her application.
- While selecting the preferred disciple, the applicant needs to go to the morning session and select the option of SEED (SET - Design). They must know that SEED examination is conducted only in the morning session.
- After that, candidates will be required to fill in the test city preference. Three options are given to the applicants for this. The applicants must fill in test city preference very carefully because no changes will be permitted once the fee is paid.
- The applicant will have to upload a recent passport-sized photograph of themselves in any of the following formats: .png, .gif. .jpeg, .jpg. The size of the photograph should be between 10 KB and 500 KB.
- Once all the details have been filled, candidates will have to pay the application fee of SEED. They can do so through any online payment gateway like net banking, debit card, credit card, etc.
- It is advised that candidates take a print out of the application form and its receipt for future use.
SEED 2020 Offline Application Process
The following steps can be taken for filling the SEED application form in the offline mode.
- Candidates will be required to register for the application form via the official website through the steps given above.
- Once all the details have been entered by the applicant and he/ she has submitted it on the website, he/ she will have to take a print out of the application form.
- The mode of payment for the offline mode is through a Demand Draft (DD).
- The Demand Draft can be sent via any nationalised bank and has to be drawn in favour of Symbiosis Test Secretariat which is payable at Pune.
- Applicants will need to select the option of DD from all those given in the Make Payment section.
- After that, the candidate will have to take a print out of the payment advice form. They must put their signature after filling in the details of the Demand Draft and then send both of the documents to the address given below.
Symbiosis Test Secretariat,
Symbiosis International (Deemed University),
Tal-Mulshi, Gram-Lavale, District - Pune, Pin Code - 412115
As soon as the candidate has successfully finished the entire SEED application process, he/ she will receive a confirmation through an email in which the application number will also be given. Only those candidates will be given the SEED 2020 admit card who receive the confirmation email on their registration ID.
Also Read:Symbiosis B.Des Admissions 2020
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho to be updated about all the information regarding design admissions in India. Candidates who have certain queries and doubts can reach out to the CollegeDekho team through the QnA section where experts will provide them with the best solutions to their problems.