India presents a landscape of burgeoning business prospects and continuously expanding career horizons. In the 21st century, the nation has firmly established itself as a global player offering some of the most lucrative employment opportunities across a diverse array of sectors. These opportunities span fields such as healthcare, information technology, marketing, telecommunications, aviation, pharmaceuticals, education, law, and politics etc. Individuals who are looking for the top 10 highest paying jobs in India 2024 need to understand that certain factors should also be taken into account.
After completing graduation followed by post-graduation, all candidates want to build a suitable career for themselves and look for the top 10 highest paying jobs in India. Every individual wishes to live a secure life with a decent salary package to have a bright future. To learn about the top 10 highest paying jobs in India, proceed to the article elaborated here. We have mentioned some of the high-paying careers from various streams that offer a high amount of salaries along with great exposure.
Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs in India 2024: Highlights
To get a quick insight into the top 10 highest paying jobs in India 2024, glance over the table presented below. These positions offer high salaries as well as reputable positions. Along with the job role, we have also mentioned the expected salary so that individuals can analyze the return on investment.
Expected Salary (per annum)
Medical Professional (Doctors/ Surgeons)
Machine Learning Experts
Full Stack Developers
Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs in India 2024
Undoubtedly, the desire for a lucrative job is universal. After dedicating years to education, it's only natural to seek a career that commensurate with your efforts. However, the salary standards fluctuate across sectors and companies. Regardless of whether you are a recent graduate or a seasoned expert, India offers a plethora of high-paying career opportunities. Here, we have assembled a list of the top 10 highest paying jobs in India for the current year.
Medical Professionals (Doctors/ Surgeons)
- Work Description: By medical professional here, we mean doctors and surgeons. The work of these professionals includes conducting surgeries, providing medicines, and providing healthcare advice. These are among the top 10 high paying jobs in India.
- Salary Offered: The highest salary offered to a medical professional in India ranges between INR 15,00,000 to INR 20,00,000 per annum.
- Top Recruiters: The top recruiters for medical professionals include AIIMS, Fortis, Apollo, Max Healthcare, etc.
- Work Description: Data Science is a relatively recent technology field and has seen a swift rise in demand. If you are thinking how to become a data scientist and get into one of the top 10 highest paying jobs in India, you have to learn the course. Numerous companies are embracing a data-centric approach and are keen to recruit proficient individuals capable of gathering, analyzing, and interpreting extensive datasets.
- Salary Offered: In India, the average annual salary for a data scientist stands at INR 16,00,000.
- Top Recruiters: The top recruiters for data scientists include Amazon, Walmart Labs, Procter & Gamble, GreyAtom, etc.
Machine Learning Experts
- Work Description: The demand for machine learning experts is on the rise, thanks to the expanding role of artificial intelligence (AI) in technology. Machine learning, a subset of AI, is gaining prominence across various industries. It operates hand in hand with AI, and organizations are seeking machine learning experts to conduct statistical analysis and create ML programs and algorithms to address their business requirements.
- Salary Offered: In India, the average annual salary for a machine learning expert is INR 15,00,000 which is why it is considered one of the top 10 highest paying jobs in India.
- Top Recruiters: Accenture, ITC Infotech, and IBM are some of the highest paying recruiters of machine learning experts.
- Work Description: Blockchain development is another emergent field in technology that emphasises redefining data handling, data security, internet connectivity, and currency transactions. The blockchain approach is adopted by many public and private sector companies to cut costs and expand their speed, decreasing the significance of middlemen.
- Salary Offered: The average salary of a blockchain expert in India is INR 15,00,000 per annum.
- Top Recruiters: SoluLab, Auxesis, PrimeChain, and Elemental are some of the top recruiters of these experts.
Full Stack Software Developers
- Work Description: Another top-notch and emerging field is software development wherein full-stack developers are in demand for both front-end and back-end development of software and websites. The work of a full-stack software developer is to build a website from scratch and they are paid relatively well for their work.
- Salary Offered: The full-stack developers are offered a top salary of around INR 12,00,000 per annum.
- Top Recruiters: Some of the top recruiters of full stack software developers include Siemens, Barclays, Dell, ChromeTech, etc.
- Work Description: Project management comes into the picture whenever we talk about fast-emerging professions and lucrative salary packages. Product Managers are highly detail-oriented professionals who focus on development, management, product design, and also plans for the development strategy and marketing mechanisms along with other integral procedures.
- Salary Offered: Around INR 15,00,00 per annum is offered to project managers.
- Top Recruiters: Flipkart, Microsoft, Amazon, and Google are the top companies offering jobs to project managers with high salaries.
- Work Description: Behind the success of any organization, you'll find numerous management consultants dedicated to problem-solving, enhancing performance, and optimizing company growth. These professionals primarily focus on strategy, structure, operations, and management.
- Salary Offered: In India, the average annual salary for management consultants stands at INR 22,00,000.
- Top Recruiters: Accenture, Deloitte, PwC, and KPMG are the top recruiters.
- Work Description: Investment is a valuable asset for everyone, and investment bankers earn substantial incomes by advising individuals on timely and wise investment decisions for future returns. Investment Bankers have the option to work for financial services firms or private companies and become one of the top 10 highest paying jobs in India.
- Salary Offered: In India, the average annual salary for investment bankers typically falls within the range of INR 18,00,000 to INR 20,00,000.
- Top Recruiters: HSBC, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, and Citibank are some of the top firms hiring investment bankers.
- Work Description: Almost 80% of commerce students wish to become a CA after completing their class 12. CA is a promising career with a high salary. The demands of chartered accountants are ever-expanding in every industry as their work is to provide financial advice and manage the accounts of the company systematically.
- Salary Offered: The salary offered to a Chartered Accountant is around INR 13,00,000 per annum.
- Top Recruiters: Standard Chartered, Deloitte, KPMG, and Ernst and Young are the top recruiters.
- Work Description: Marketing Managers play a crucial role in devising and implementing marketing strategies that cater to customer needs and optimize profits for a business. This versatile profession offers lucrative career prospects across various industries, making it one of the top 10 highest paying jobs in India. Marketing managers are dedicated to introducing innovative ideas and solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Salary Offered: On average, the annual salary for a marketing manager in India hovers around 13,00,000 per annum.
- Top Recruiters: Tata Motors, Amazon, IBM, and Flipkart are the top recruiters.
Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs in India 2024: Other High Paying Jobs
Apart from the top 10 highest paying jobs, there are also other high paying jobs in India. Most of the high-paying jobs are indeed offered to individuals belonging to IT and management backgrounds. However, there are also other professions where lucrative salaries are offered to individuals. These include the following:
Lawyers: The work of a lawyer is to offer legal advice to their clients, prepare legal documents and agreements, represent their clients in the courtroom, and assure the firms are following the law of the land. The salary offered to lawyers is INR 12,00,000 per annum.
Pilots: Pilots are predominantly stationed within aircraft cockpits, where they devote a substantial portion of their time to tasks such as pre-flight checks, control operation, and the vigilant monitoring of instruments and systems. The average annual salary for pilots in India typically stands at around INR 13,00,000 per annum which is considered among the top 10 highest paying jobs in India.
Content Creators: As the name suggests, content creators are responsible for creating digital content, both in audio and video format in educational, entertainment, tourism, aviation, fashion, advertising, media, etc. realms. Content creators work for websites, social media, and advertising companies as well as independently. Their salary ranges between INR 9,00,000 to INR 12,00,000 per annum which is why we can consider it among the top 10 highest paying jobs in India in future.
Ministers: A minister is a political leader responsible for overseeing a ministry and collaboratively formulating and executing policies alongside other ministers. Government ministers working in various ministries of the government earn lucrative salaries ranging between INR 10,00,000 to INR 14,00,000 per annum.
Professors: Professors instruct a diverse range of subjects, spanning from science and mathematics to civics, law, and management. Professors can be found working in colleges, universities, coaching institutions, or as independent educators earning up to INR 14,00,000 per annum or even more.
Political Consultants: A political consultant, often referred to as a campaign consultant, assists politicians in running effective election campaigns. Additionally, political consultants may occasionally engage with businesses or organizations to navigate evolving events and regulatory shifts or collaborate with lobbyists to advocate for legislative alterations. They earn up to INR 13,00,000 per annum.
Also Read: Highest Paying Paramedical Jobs
Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs in India 2024 for Freshers
Discovering the perfect job can be the biggest challenge when you are new to the workforce. There are several high paying jobs for freshers. Below, we have curated the top 10 highest paying jobs in India:
Machine Learning Experts: The work of a machine learning expert is to work hand-in-hand with artificial intelligence. Their role is to conduct statistical evaluations and produce machine learning programs and algorithms and the average salary for a machine learning expert at an entry-level position is around INR 7,00,000 per annum.
Data Analysts: The work of a data analyst is to collect and analyze data to solve problems faced by organisations on a day-to-day basis. Further, they also have to communicate the results of the findings which is the most crucial part of their job. They do this by preparing charts, graphs, reports etc. The average salary of a data analyst in India for a fresher is around INR 6,00,000 per annum.
Software Engineers: Software engineers have to deal with the development, design, testing and maintenance of software applications. They do this by applying knowledge of programming languages and by applying engineering principles. The starting salary for a fresher in the field of software engineering is INR 5,00,000 per annum.
Full Stack Developer: A full stack developer is responsible for creating a website or a web application from scratch, building the front end and the back end of the website. A fresher in the field can easily earn up to INR 7,00,000 per annum.
Cloud Engineer: A cloud engineer is an IT professional who is responsible for building and maintaining the cloud infrastructure. Amazon and Google continue to dominate the market and have some of the best opportunities for cloud engineers. An average starting salary for a cloud engineer in India is around INR 7,50,000 per annum.
Petroleum Engineer: These engineers specialise in the exploration, production, and extraction of oil and natural gas in the Oil and gas sector. The average salary ranges from INR 800,000 to INR 3,500,000 per year.
Aerospace Engineer: They create and build spacecraft, aeroplanes, and related systems. They receive significant pay for their knowledge of aviation and space technologies and get paid around INR 800,000 to INR 3,500,000 per year.
Investment Banker: Among the top 10 highest paying jobs in India, investment bankers can earn a lot of money, around INR 1,500,000 to INR 5,000,000 per year as they have outstanding analytical abilities and financial experience.
Law Professional: Law professionals can earn around INR 500,000 to INR10,000,000 per year depending on their expertise and area of specialization, particularly those who practice corporate law.
Medical Professional (Doctor): Among the top 10 highest paying jobs in India, people working in the medical field as doctors get a good salary, around INR 800,000 to INR 10,000,000 per year.
Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs in India 2024: Factors Affecting Salary and Compensation
Understanding the factors that impact salary and compensation in India can empower you to plan your career strategically and attain high-paying positions in lucrative industries. Even when you are searching for the top 10 highest paying jobs in India, you should keep in mind that there are certain factors affecting the salary and compensation.
Companies situated in major cities tend to offer higher salaries compared to those in tier-2 cities and smaller towns. This disparity arises from the greater business activity and opportunities available in urban centres. To illustrate, professionals in the IT sector working in Bangalore, Karnataka, enjoy a package that exceeds the national average by 23.5%.
Here is a list of cities along with their salary comparisons to the national average:
- Gurgaon, Haryana: 21.9% higher than the national average
- New Delhi: 15.5% above the national average
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu: 9.5% below the national average
- Mumbai, Maharashtra: 5.9% lower than the national average
- Pune, Maharashtra: 1.7% less than the national average
The institution from which you graduate also plays a pivotal role in determining your remuneration. Graduating from a renowned institution can significantly enhance your salary prospects and open doors to the top 10 highest paying jobs India.
In India, it's worth noting that a Master's degree typically commands a higher salary than a Bachelor's degree, especially in the most lucrative industries. Postgraduate qualifications are often preferred by most companies. For instance:
- An M Tech course graduate in India can expect an annual salary of INR 8,71,000 per annum.
- Someone who has completed a B Tech course in India earns an average package of INR 7,03,000 per year.
- Those with a doctorate in Technology can potentially earn an impressive INR 1 million annually.
Years of Experience:
Professionals with more than a decade of work experience tend to command higher remuneration compared to those with less than 10 years in the field. It's important to note that job positions often specify a certain level of experience, and failing to meet that criterion can place you on the lower end of the salary scale.
- An entry-level IT professional with less than a year of experience can expect a package of INR 4,50,998.
- A budding IT professional, with 1 to 4 years of experience, will earn a compensation of INR 5,50,153.
- A mid-level IT professional, boasting 5 to 9 years of experience, can anticipate a package of INR 9,60,888.
- Highly experienced software professionals, with over 10 years of expertise, can command a substantial package of INR 15,67,954 per annum.
There is a very strong correlation between the skill set and wages offered, higher skill levels account for higher wages. Thus, the only way for workers to increase their wages and get one of the top 10 highest paying jobs in India is to increase their skills, and for that, they need to acquire more exposure and training.
Another important factor that affects an individual's salary and compensation is their certifications. Every company today is looking for individuals who are multitaskers. The more certifications you have, the higher your chances of getting a higher salary.
In today’s global world with an ever-changing business environment, it is sensible for individuals to have some general certifications; including machine learning, digital marketing, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, artificial intelligence, cyber security, project management, business analysis, supply chain analysis etc.
The choice of employer significantly impacts an individual's salary and compensation. Those employed by well-established companies or renowned brands tend to receive more generous salaries in comparison to other companies. For instance, the "Big Four" comprise the largest professional services networks globally, including Deloitte, Ernst & Young (EY), KPMG, and PwC.
The position one is hired for has a direct impact on their salary. This is because job roles are typically aligned with an individual's years of experience, and higher pay often accompanies greater responsibilities. Individuals earning substantial salaries are also those who possess the skills and handle the significant responsibilities associated with their roles.
For example, Chief Executing Officers or CEOs hold the highest-ranking position in a company, overseeing its entire operation and being ultimately responsible for its performance. Consequently, CEOs tend to be the highest-paid individuals within an organisation.
Also Read: Ace these Skills to get the Best Jobs with High Paying Salaries
These are some of the top 10 highest paying jobs in India. Students must note that there are innumerable job opportunities depending upon a candidate's aptitude and qualifications.
For more such articles, stay tuned to CollegeDekho.