Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Ever wondered which are the most popular foreign destinations where students from all around the world are heading in pursuit of higher education? Thought of what are the determining factors which attract students to a specific country? The prime reason could be happiness - what do you think? Well, amidst the academic pressure that students have to deal with in order to keep pace with the regular lectures and extra studies, it becomes necessary to, at the same time, lead a well balanced happy life. Agree?
Every year, lakhs of Indian students work on their dream to pursue higher education abroad. While researching and deciding on which countries for higher education to choose from, they often consider many factors. Some may prefer a particular course in a particular country while others may prefer a university brand name as per its rankings. There are some who look at countries that offer the best facilities at a lower cost.
Whatever one may choose, a peaceful and calm environment for students is something that should also be taken into consideration. In a recent report that was published, we were able to access the Top 5 Happiest Countries in the World. The list will be helpful for students who are currently in the process of shortlisting universities and courses for admissions next year or later. The innumerable Universities in different countries have their own selection procedure and a specific intake bracket for international students. Apart from courses available, the ranking and facilities/infrastructure offered, a sufficient and well-paced learning environment is also an essential component. Being surrounded by happy faces of faculty members and fellow students will add to greater learning of students.
So whether you are in the process of preparing for UG level courses abroad through TOEFL,IELTS etc, or you are looking at PG level courses through GMAT or GRE, we hope that get what you wish for. There is no dearth of opportunities abroad for higher education. Also, while you explore countries of the world for your higher education goals, do take a look at the Happiest Countries in the World below:
Top 5 Happiest Countries in the World:
Check out this list of happiest countries for you to pursue higher education, as per the report that has been released.
Score (on a scale of 10)
The report is usually based on a questionnaire and survey that is put forward to the residents of a particular country so that they can rank their happiness on the scale of 1-10. Apart from the happiness quotient, the report also gives a detailed analysis of life expectancy, freedom of choice, economic strength and social support in a particular country.
Also Read: - Explore Countries that Offer Low-Cost Education
If put in simple words, the above-mentioned countries are the top ones that provide and extend a kind of environment and culture that can be regarded as perfect while studying. Writing your dissertation and doing your assignments with a big smile on your face is a good idea! For that to happen in reality, check out the educational opportunities and universities in these countries below.
Popular Universities in Finland:
- Finland is the 5th happiest country in the world and is popular across the globe for its exceptional education system.
- Education in Finland is almost offered free of cost.
- In Finland, almost all the schools and universities are controlled by the government without leaving any scope for the privatization, thus ensuring minimal cost.
Some of the multidisciplinary universities in Finland are:
- University of Eastern Finland
- University of Helsinki
- University of Oulu
- University of Turku
- Aalto University
Popular Universities in Switzerland:
- The tuition fee in universities of Switzerland is moderate. However, the cost of living is high in Switzerland compared to other countries.
- The Swiss Federal Institute of Technology and Ecole Polytechnique Federal La Lausanne are the two universities that featured in the list of top 20 universities (QS Rankings) in the world.
Some of the English-speaking universities in Switzerland are:
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
- University of Zurich
- University of St. Gallen
- University of Lugano
- University of Bern
Popular Universities in Iceland:
- There are a total of seven universities in Iceland. Even though none of the universities featured in the list of top-ranked universities, students, especially international students, can access quality education at a minimal cost.
- The cost of living in Iceland is, however, high.
The seven universities in Iceland are:
- University of Iceland
- University of Akureyri
- Reykjavík University
- Iceland Academy of Arts
- Holar University College
- Bifrost University
- Agricultural University of Iceland
Popular Universities in Denmark:
- Denmark offers free education to European students. However, international students are required to pay the tuition fee.
- The University of Copenhagen is one of the top-ranked universities in Denmark.
- Pursuing higher education in Denmark offers an exhilarating experience as the country is popular for its scenic beauty and excellent cuisine.
Some of the universities in Denmark are:
- University of Southern Denmark
- Aalborg University
- University of Copenhagen
- Technical University of Denmark
- Roskilde University
Popular Universities in Norway:
- Educational opportunities in Norway are broad, as many universities offer zero to minimal cost higher education.
- The application cost for international students is very low. However, the payment of semester fee is mandatory.
- The University of Oslo is one of the top-ranked universities in Norway.
- The cost of living is high in Norway.
Here is the list of some of the universities in Norway:
- Narvik University College
- Harstad University College
- Lillehammer University College
- University of Tromso
- University of Stavanger
- University of Nordland
- University of Bergen
Popular Universities in Other Parts of the World
While the universities and colleges mentioned above are situated in countries where you would be happier, the following is a list of popular Universities in other parts of the world.
Name of College
UG and Masters in Business & Management. IT, Arts, Engineering and Hospitality
Certificate Courses in Business & Management and Engineering
UG and Masters in Business & Management, Engineering, IT, Arts and Applied & Pure Sciences
UG and PG in Business & Management, Commerce, Arts, IT, Applied & Pure Sciences, Hospitality, Engineering and Design
UG and Masters in Engineering, Busines & Management, Applied & Pure Sciences, Arts, IT and Health & Medicine
UG and Masters in Business & Management, Engineering, Arts, Health & Medicine, Education and Applied & Pure Sciences
UG and Masters in Engineering, Business & Management, Arts, Design, Commerce, Applied & Pure Sciences, Hospitality and IT
UG and Masters in Business & Management and Arts
UG and PG in Engineering, IT, Arts, Medicine and Business & Management
While these are just a few of the colleges where you can pursue a higher education degree of your choice, visit CollegeDekho’s Study-Abroad page and browse through our list of top universities and colleges in the world and choose the best college for you as per your needs and choices.
You can write to us at email@example.com or call us at 785-9990-990 and clear out all doubts regarding international education and admissions.