- Articles byStream
Why Vignan University Ranked 88th Best Institute in India by NIRF
Vignan University, Guntur is ranked as 88th best institute in India by NIRF. So, CollegeDekho presents an insight of Vignan University and why is it ranked as 88th best institute in India.
A Glance at the Vignan University;
- Campus area is 42.06 acres
- 13:1 student to faculty Ratio
- 78 Labs with Rs. 4, 24,98,731 total cost of equipment
- 15 Research labs with a total budget of Rs. 6,71,01,575
- Total Scholarships per year- Rs. 48, 57,850
- Students get placed every year: 75%
Salient features of Curriculum;
Rather than encouraging memory based knowledge, the University has revolutionized its curriculum to prepare students with a strong skill base by laying stress on critical thinking and use of available knowledge through hands-on experience. The following are the salient features of the curriculum.
- Industry oriented courses for employability
- Major and minor courses
- Choice based credit system with flexibility
- Credit-based Professional Training Programs on latest tools
- Opportunities for students to do projects like DRDO,IISc,BHEL etc.,
- Selected students pursue Summer projects in foreign Universities
- One out of every four faculty members is a Ph.D. holder
- 40% of faculty with IIT/NIT background
- Faculty-Student ratio 1;13
- Faculty has accomplished 25 major and other 30-35 are in pipeline
- The faculty has more than 3,000 publications in reputed national and international journals.
The University Research Cell through providing seed money encourages its scholars to undertake collaborative projects with the University. The research aptitude helps students to become creative thinkers and develop innovative ideas. The University is also undertaking research to address the local problems in the field of agriculture, textiles and food processing and storage.
Seminar Halls; There are 5 fully air-conditioned Seminar halls, theatre-style for international conferences, symposia, meetings, concerts and presentations to promote extra-curricular activities.
Library; The library is fully air-conditioned with comfortable furniture. There are 70,000 books to cater to diverse learning demands of students.
Hostels; Hostels not only food and accommodation but also to promote community living with all facilities like the sports arena, WiFi, and green ambiance.
Dr.K.Ramana Murthy, Chancellor was a former member of UGC. He has been instrumental in bringing reforms in higher education sector of the nation.
Dr.C.Tangaraj, Vice-Chancellor has a rich experience in both public and private Universities in Tamil Nadu. He was the former Vice-chancellor of Anna University and Kalasalingam University.
A.Sai Dilip Kumar said that “My Childhood dream of becoming a Civil Engineer started taking shape when I entered Vignan as a student of Civil Engineering. Here, I could develop on all aspects through participation in NSS, and E-Cell activities. I was selected for ‘Jagruthi Yatra-2016’ where I travelled around India, with participants from 15 different countries and met leading social and business entrepreneurs”.
To conclude Vignan University is one among the right choices for the aspirants of engineering. It has proved best in teaching learning process, research activities and collaborative performance. So the University has secured 88th rank for its strengths in the above-mentioned criterion.
Source; Sakunth Kumar, City Journalist, CollegeDekho, Vijayawada
Cool, interesting and funny. An ardent lover of animals and gets a kick out of Chetan Bhagat and Amish Tripathi novels. My favourite novel is 'The God of Small Things' written by Arundathi Roy.
National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) will be conducting NCHMCT JEE 2017 tomorrow i.e. ...
The Andhra Pradesh Engineering Agriculture Medical Common Entrance Examination, popularly known as the AP EAMCET was ...