How to Prepare
AMU EE 2016 Question Paper Format
AMU EE 2016
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) Entrance Examination (AMUEE) is conducted by Aligarh Muslim University all over India. It is through this entrance exam that aspirants from different states and from all recognized boards/universities can get admission into a variety of full-time courses that include B.Sc (Hons.), B.Com (Hons.), BA (Hons.), B.Tech, B.Arch, MBA, MBA (IB), PG Diploma in Islamic Banking & Finance, B.Ed, BA LLB, Diploma in Engineering, Senior Secondary School Certificate (Science Stream), Senior Secondary School Certificate (Humanities & Commerce Streams).
AMU EE 2016 Conducting Body
Aligarh Muslim University is the exam conducting authority of Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) Entrance Examination (AMUEE). Popularly known as (AMU), it is one of the top universities situated in Aligarh. The University offers various courses in the traditional and modern branches of education for aspirants from diverse backgrounds. The university has a set, broad and realistic vision to offer facilities in specialised areas of technical, vocational and inter-disciplinary studies, and inculcate moral, intellectual and aesthetic qualities in the students.
AMU EE Contact Details
|Address||Office of the Controller of Examinations Administrative Block, AMU Aligarh - 202002 (UP) - INDIA|
|Phone no||0571-2700922-(Extn.1161), 0571-2700935|
AMU EE FAQ
1) Where do I purchase the Application Voucher (AMU Bulletin)?
- Download Application Form from offical site.
- Take the Printout of the PDF Generated Application Form on A-4 Size paper (applying ONLINE).
- Download the appropriate Application Form from the website meant for the course for which the candidate wishes to apply and get it printed on A-4 size paper. Fill up the Application Form by following the instructions given above in CAPITAL letters using black ball point pen (applying OFFLINE).
2) What is the address to send the form and DD in case of DD mode of fee remission?
The forms and DD (only in the DD mode of fee remission) are to be sent at the following address:Asstt. Controller, Admission Section,
Aligarh Muslim University,
Telephone No. : 91 – 571 – 2700935, 2700920 – Extn. ( 1161 ),
3) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in third week of May (onwards). You will have to log onto the Amu website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website.
4) What details should I retain after completion of successful submission of my form?
The candidate must have:
- Hard copy of the filled-in form.
- Fee receipt detail
- Auto generated ID and Password.
5) Is there any need to send the documents to the University address?
No,there not need to send the documents to the University address.
6) What are the important steps to be followed while filling the AMU online application form?
Before posting the application please ensure that:-
- Before filling the application form, Kindly refer the Information Brochure carefully.
- Fill all the columns carefully, incomplete application will be rejected.
- Enter the required details and then click on the ‘Submit & Proceed to Printing‘ Button on the bottom of the page.
- Please check the content before proceeding for print. The print out should be in A4 size only.
- The duly filled-in application form to be affixed with colour passport size photograph and Signature.
- The application form to be sent along with the DD of Rs. 500/- drawn in favour of ‘AMU University’, payable at Aligarh for Indian candidates .
- The application form has to be sent to the address of Admissions Officer, Asstt. Controller, Admission Section, Aligarh Muslim University,Aligarh, India,
- Kindly note down the application no. generated for any future correspondence.
- Candidates are advised to take photocopy of the application form.
7) What should I do if I do not receive the AMU admit card by the time of the examination?
In case you do not receive the Admit Card, you should make it a point to report the same immediately to the Admissions Officer. If you do not receive the Admit Card, before the examination date, he / she would have to meet AMU Representative one day before the examination at the centre with a copy of the application form and two attested pass-port size photographs, identical to the one affixed in the application form. All enquiries pertaining to the Admit Card without mentioning application number will not be entertained under any circumstances.
8) What is the eligibility criteria for AMU(M.Tech)?
B. Tech. or its equivalent examination in the relevant branch of study with not less than 60% marks in aggregate or its equivalent CPI/CGPA/NAG.
9) I am appearing final year B.Tech in CSE. Can I apply for the exam?
Yes, you can.
10) I am a GATE qualifier? Can I get any advantage of it during the admission process?
Yes,you can get advantage of during the admission process.
11) What happens if one is selected and could not acquire 60% marks, or could not submit the provisional degree certificate by the end of Sept?
Since he/she would be given a provisional admission, the admission would stand cancelled and he/she shall be forfeiting the fee already paid.
12) I received GATE scorecard. Am I eligible to apply fo AMU M.Tech?
Having received GATE scorecard does not mean that you have qualified in GATE. Please see the GATE scorecard for details on qualification. Make sure that your GATE marks are above the cut-off marks of your category and GATE paper. You will not be considered for AMU admission if you do not meet the GATE qualifying marks criterion even though you are allowed to submit the application.
13) I am holding Bachelor of Information technology/science. Am I eligible.
Yes, you are eligible. Kindly check the eilgibility criteria on website.
14) Are diploma holders eligible to apply for the program?
No. Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for the program.
15) How are the marks awarded in AMU M.tech?
There is negative marking 0.25 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
16) For how long is the AMU M.Tech score valid?
The AMU M.Tech score is valid for just one year.
17) What are the M.tech Courses/specializations offered at AMU ?
AMU offers following Major Courses/ Specializations*:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Petroleum Studies
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering.
18) How is seat allocation done?
The first indicative seat allocation list may comprise of some additional seats over and above the total available seats among the participating institutions.
19) What should be the duration of study needed to get surely selected. Is self preparation enough or does one need extra classes, to clear the exam?
It is a common sight of many students joining coaching centers. More than the time spent in preparing, one has to put in quality effort to get sure shot success. At the same time, self preparation is much sufficient but that doesn't mean going to the extra classes is wrong. It is always good to attend coaching classes where the students are provided with materials, question papers, mock tests, etc. All these enhance the overall speed and helps in time management. For any entrance exam, steady preparation for a year along with sound classroom knowledge is more than sufficient to clear the exam.
20) What about Placement facilities in Aligarh Muslim University?
The AMU TPO (Training and Placement Office) undertakes and supervises AMU placements. Some of the companies that have visited in the past are Siemens India Limited, TCS, Accenture, L & T, Sterlite Industries, NEC, HCL, Erudite Engineer Pvt. Ltd., Computer Science Corporation, NDPL, TCL, Hughes Systiques India Pvt. Ltd., Boodai Trading Corporation, TCE, Volvo India, Alstom Project India Limited, Lurgi India Co. Pvt. Ltd., Secure Meters Ltd., Tractebel India Limited, Saipem Triune, Voltas Limited, Tega Industries Ltd., Sasken Communications, Adobe India Limited, DRDO, Tejas Networks Limited.
21) Whether the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) is recognized by the NAAC and Government of India ?
In 2015, the National Assessment and Accreditation Council rated the school 3.35/A. The US News and World Report, in its education and advice, ranked the university 6th in India, 110th in Asia and 69th in mathematical subjects.
22) Are there any reservation of seats?
A few seats are reserved in a few courses for Cultural Scholarship holders, duly sponsored/nominated by the Government of India, Ministry of External Affairs/Ministry of Human Resource Development (Department of Higher Education)/Indian Council for Cultural Relations, New Delhi.
Limited seats are available in a few courses for Self-Financing Foreign Nationals and children of Non Resident Indians.
23) Should the parents come along with the candidate at the time of counseling?
It is not compulsory. But, the presence of candidate is mandatory.
24) Can parents attend the counseling instead of the candidate?
Candidates must attend the counseling.
25) How do I obtain my degree/certificate?
To obtain the degree/certificate one may write to: The Office of the Controller of Examinations,Administrative Block, AMU,Aligarh - 202002 (UP) - INDIA. Samples of the application form for obtaining the degree/certificate is also available on the website.