How to Prepare
AMEEE 2016 Question Paper Format
AMEEE 2016 News and Updates
Indraprasth Institute of Aeronautics (AMEEE) is being conducted ever year for the admission to B.Tech course. The candidates can check the details related to selection and counselling procedure here. Selection Procedure:- Firstly you are shortlisted on the basis of your performance in the ...Read more
AMEEE-Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Entrance Examination (B.Tech) is an entrance exam conducted by Indraprasth Institute of Aeronautics for the admission into Aircraft maintenance engineering courses. Aircraft maintenance Engineering branch is the overhaul, repair, inspection or modification of an aircraft or aircraft component. Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Entrance Examination is National Level Exam.
AMEEE 2016 Conducting Body
AMEE-Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Entrance Examination (B.Tech) is an entrance exam conducted by Indraprasth Institute of Aeronautics. Indian Institute Of Aeronautics (IIA) is one of the oldest Aircraft Maintenance Training Institute in India,founded by Capt Ram Niwas, an avid Aviator. It was established in the year 1982 at Patna and got the approval in 1983. IIA was transferred to Delhi in 2001. IIA is active in the field of Aircraft Maintenance Training through the generation of trained technical manpower for the Airlines / Aviation Industry. It is under the supervision of Mr.H.S. Khola, Former Director General of Civil Aviation, Government of India, who is the Technical advisor of IIA.
AMEEE Contact Details
|Address||Indraprasth Aerospace And Knowledge Park, Behind Aapno Ghar, Delhi-Jaipur National Highway (N.H.-8), Sector-77, Gurgaon Haryana 122004|
|Phone no||+91-9212170022, +91-9212170033|
1) What is AMEEE course?
Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (AME) is a License course to become a certified Aircraft Engineer in the field of Civil Aviation which is duely approved by Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), Ministry of Civil Aviation, Govt. of India. It is globally recognized course according to International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Type-II license and European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) - 66.
2) What is AMEEE ?
AMEEE is an entrance exam conducted by Indraprasth Institute of Aeronautics for the admission into Aircraft maintenance engineering courses.
3) What is admission process and when it starts?
- For admission to AME, a prospectus and admission form is to be obtained by paying Rs. 300/- by cash at the Institute counter or by sending a DD of Rs. 300/- in favor of Indraprasth Institute of Aeronautics" payable at Gurgaon.
- Send the form along with relevant documents, photo and fee in form of a Demand draft as prescribed.
- However session starts in the month of May every year.
4) What you mean by Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course?
This is a highly rewarding and job-oriented technical course for 10 + 2 science students and 3 years Diploma holders leading to issue of licence from Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) Govt. of India for maintaining aeroplanes as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. The training institute and the course both are approved by the DGCA, Govt. of India.
5) What is the application fee?
The application cost is Rs. 300.
6) Where can I get the application form for AMEEE ?
Candidate can either get application form either by online or offline
Offline Mode: The candidate can obtain the form from the Institute by paying cash or through demand draft.
Online Mode: The candidate can download the application form from the official website.
7) When is the last date of submission of application forms?
The last date for submission of application forms is last week of March.
8) When is the AMEEE going to be held?
AIET will be held on last week of March
9) I have appeared in the qualifying exam prescribed by you but my final result is awaited. Can I take admission in AME programme?
- You can get registered for AME programme by sending a DD of Rs. 300/- along with duly filled admission form, which is available in prospectus costing Rs. 300/-
- You can download Admission form from Institute's website .
- Take a printout, fill it and attach a DD of Rs. 300/- in favor of Indraprasth Institute of Aeronautics" payable at Gurgaon and send it to the institute address.
- You can also fill On-line Application on Institute's website and send a printout of same along with a DD of Rs. 300/- (in favor of Indraprasth Institute of Aeronautics" payable at Gurgaon) at Institute address by registered post/ speed post/ courier.
10) Who is Aircraft Maintenance Engineer?
He is the sole person responsible for the maintenance, repair and overhauling of aircraft, aero-engines, instruments, electrical and radio navigation equipments and their accessories. Aircraft Maintenance Engineer issues the Certificate of Release to Service which declares the aircraft airworthy and fit for flying. It is regulatory that unless such certificate is signed by AME no aircraft is permitted to be flown.
11) How Can I become an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer?
Desirous candidates having passed minimum 10+2 standard with aggregate of 50% marks in Physics and Mathematics; or a three years diploma in engineering; or a higher qualification in science with Physics and Mathematics shall have to undergo successfully the Three Years AME course approved by DGCA and subsequently pass the AME Licence Examinations conducted by DGCA every year in the month of February, June and October followed by practical cum oral test.
12) Where will the exam centres be formed for the exam?
The AMEEE- B.Tech shall be conducted by Indraprasth Institute of Aeronautics,Indraprasth Aerospace and Knowledge ParkSector -77, NH-8, Gurgoan -122004.
13) What is the eligibility criterion for AMEEE ?
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 (PCM) or its equivalent three years diploma in engineering or higher qualification in science.
- The candidate should be 12th passed with physics , chemistry and mathematics as compulsory subjects or its equivalent 3 years diploma in engineering or higher qualification in science.
14) What is the test duration?
The AMEEE will be of Two hours duration.
15) What is the paper pattern for AMEEE ?
- The questions will be Multiple Choice Based and will be in Bilingual Format (English & Hindi).
- Candidates are tested in Physics,Maths,Chemistry,General knowledge.
- Subject Based on existing CBSE/State Board syllabus of Science subjects of 10+2 level.
16) Whether B.Tech. degree under dual qualifcation programme is recognized for superior post of Government organizations and what is its appliability?
Candidate undergoing B.Tech. course along with AME course under dual qualification, the B.Tech. is granted by UGC recognized university which is valid for any Government/ Public sector jobs in any Technical/ Non-technical fields.
17) Can a B. E. (Aeronautical) degree holder become an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer?
Any person possessing degree in any branch of Aeronautical Engineering desires to work an AME should have AME licence issued by DGCA (Govt. of India) for which he/she has to acquire practical experience in aviation as stipulated in Civil Aviation Requirements and pass the AME licence papers conducted by the DGCA thereafter.
18) Is there any age limit to pass the AME licence examination, to get employment and retirement as well?
There is no age limit for passing AME licence examination, getting employment, and retirement.
19) What is the un-employment ratio of AME compared to others?
The demand of AME Licence holder is such that very few are unemployed as compared to other technical course.
20) When will the result of AMEEE B.Tech be declared?
The proposed AMEEE schedule is uploaded on University website.
21) For how long is the AMEEE B.Tech score valid?
The AMEE B.Tech score is valid for just one year.
22) What is the fee structure for the programs at Indraprasth Institute of Aeronautics (AME)?
Fee structure for AME:-
Admission Fee :-Rs.50,000/-(One Time)
Caution Money:- Rs.10000/-(One time) refundable
Tuition Fee :- Rs. 50,000/- for each semester .
23) What does the Counseling process comprises of?
The counseling of the AMEEE will be scheduled from First week of June. The candidates will have to download their counseling letters while checking their results.
While attending counseling candidates have to bring these documents:
- Attested Photocopies of Mark sheets and certificates of 10thand 12th class
- Original mark sheets of 10th and 12th class for verification
- 4 passport size color photos
- Demand Draft of Rs. 25000/- in favor of Indraprasth Institute of Aeronautics, Payable at Gurgaon.
24) Whether IIA - Gurgaon and its AME course is recognized/ approved by Govt. authorities?
Yes, both "Indraprasth Institute of Aeronautics’’, Gurgaon and its AME course" are recognized/ approved by DGCA, Ministry of Civil Aviation, Govt. of India. To check our approval status.
25) What is the dual qualification programme provided by the institute?
Dual qualification program run by this institute is AME + B.Tech or AME + Diploma which is a unique feature that too within the same time and same tution fee (1 year extra for B.Tech).
26) What is the difference between an Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (AME) and Aerospace Engineering?
AMEs deal with maintaining the airworthiness of an aircraft and also certifying that it is fit for flight. Aerospace Engineering is concerned with designing and building an aircraft or spacecraft.
27) What qualification can I obtain from the training?
Upon completion of the program, you will be issued a Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering as part of the tertiary academic requirement and also a frozen licence.
28) What is the difference between pursuing a Degree in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering and a Licensed based program?
Generally, the aviation industry requires an individual to have a licence to certify an aircraft. In most cases, degree holders are required to acquire a licence before they are able to become a full fledged AME, which entails the completion of the Licensing Program. Acquiring a licence is the fastest route to becoming a Licensed AME.
29) Do all students get hostel facilities?
- Available on a first come first served basis, subject to availability of seats.
- Separate hostel facility for boys and girls. Both hostel comprise spacious and well furnished rooms.
- Regular and monitored study of the students, for which three hours are fixed as study hours.
- One hour is fixed when students can get their academic problem solved under the guidance of an instructor.
- Frequent medical checkup of the students.
- Outdoor and Indore sport Facility.
- If any student opts for hostel facility, he has to complete his stay for one year. In case he wants to withdraw his candidature from hostel after that, he has to give notice before three months.