How to Prepare
AUPET 2017 Question Paper Format
AUPET 2017 News and Updates
Andhra University (AU) has released the notification for the Common Entrance Test (AUCET) 2017 for the admission to various Post Graduate (PG) courses. However, the application process for AUCET 2017 will begin on March 8, 2017. The candidates who aspire to seek admission to PG courses at Andhra ...Read more
Andhra University conducts the Andhra University Postgraduate Entrance Test For MBA course. Directorate of Admissions, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam invites applications for admission into various courses offered in Campus Colleges of Arts & Commerce, Science, Engineering, Management , Law and Pharmaceutical Sciences for the academic year.
AUPET 2017 Conducting Body
Andhra University conducts the Andhra University Postgraduate Entrance Test. The Andhra University was established in the year 1926 which is situated at Vishakapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. The Andhra University is affiliated with UGC & a large number of Colleges run under this University. Andhra University is certainly one of the older premier Universities in India with a sure shot broad focus.
AUPET Contact Details
|Address||Registrar, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam - 530 003, Andhra Pradesh, India.|
|Phone no||+91-891- 2575464|
1) What are the various modes of payment of Registration fees?
There are two modes of payment:
- If applying in the offline mode, you can pay the registration fees by making a DD/ challan at Andhra Bank / State Bank of India Challan
- If applying online, you can use Debit card / Credit card / Net Banking facility
After filling the online application form with the required details, verify all the details carefully and press 'Submit' button. Filled in Application Form will be generated that contains application number along with filled details. Take print out of filled Online Application Form. Use the application number for future correspondence till the admission process is completed.
2) When will the AUPET results be declared ?
Results will be available on the website in the last week of August.
3) What is the last date submission of registration form ?
The registration form can be submitted by the month of July.
4) For how long is the AUPET score valid?
The AUPET score is valid for one year from the time you take the entrance test.
5) How do I know that my application has been received and accepted after filling in the online application form?
- On successful submission of the online application form, you will immediately receive an SMS on your mobile phone with the Registration number.
- Further, your “Filled in Online Application form” containing all the details uploaded from the database and typed by you along with Registration number and Barcode will be displayed instantly
6) Is AUPET result based on ranking or percentile ?
AUPET result is based on ranking.
7) What should I do with the “Filled in Application Form”?
- You have to take a print of the “Filled In Application Form”, keep a copy of this form and preserve it carefully
- Use the Registration number printed in the “Filled In Application Form” for all future correspondence
8) Will the results be available online?
Yes, the results will be available on the official website of AUPET.
9) Should I upload any certificates ?
No, you do not have to upload any certificates.
10) Should I upload my photograph and signature ?
You need to upload your photo (file size less than 30KB and JPG file format) and signature (file size less than 15KB and JPG file format) as and when prompted by the system during the online application form filling process
11) What is the fee structure for the programs at Andhra University for (MBA)?
Andhra University MBA Annual Fee is Rs. 1,50,000- p/a.
12) What are the programmes/ courses offered at Andhra University in MBA ?
Master of Business Administration(MBA) courses offered at Andhra University include:
- Hospital Administration
- Executive M.B.A. (Finance)
- Executive M.B.A. (HRM)
- Executive M.B.A. (Marketing)
13) In which month is the AUPET exam conducted?
Generally the AUPET exam conducts in the last week of July every year.
14) What is the intake at Andhra University in MBA ?
120 seats in MBA at Andhra University.
15) Do I need to post my application and attachments?
No, Not Necessary.
16) Is Andhra University NAAC accredited?
The National Assessment and Accreditation Committee (NAAC) has awarded Andhra University an A-Grade with 3.6 score. AU stands second after Jadavpur University amongst state universities and fourth among all universities in the country with JNU and HCU leading the pack.
This is the third consecutive time that AU has received a Grade. On the whole, seven criteria were taken into consideration for the grading. However, it must be pointed out that AU's score did slip a notch in terms of points as it had previously scored 3.65 out of 4.
17) After completing the online application process and generating printable application form, will I be able to login again to change my application data?
No, after submission of the online application form, a “Filled In Application Form” is generated.
- You should take a print of the application form and hence, cannot modify the data
- Therefore, you are expected to be extra careful while filling the online application form
- However, some of the fields (excluding Regional Test Centre) in the filled online application form can be edited if you write a request letter with relevant proofs addressing the Convener, AUPET.
18) I haven’t found the answer to my question in the FAQ’s, what should I do?
- You are advised to go through all details thoroughly on the official of AUPET
- If you still do not find an answer to your question, contact the AUPET office
- You can also send an e-mail to the firstname.lastname@example.org or contact at Phone: 0891-2844999, 2754586
19) If I made a mistake in filling the details in online application, how do I change it?
You are expected to be extra careful while filling the online application form. However, some of the fields (excluding Regional Test Centre) in the filled online application form can be edited if you write a request letter with relevant proofs addressing Convener, AUPET.
20) If I misplace my copy of the filled in online application form, how do I get another copy?
You can take a fresh printout of the “Filled In Online Application Form” from the website by giving suitable details.
21) Do all students get hostel facilities ?
Hostel facilities available with Andhra University. Hostel is average but the food is not very good. So some of the students even prefer to stay outside the hostel. Rent for two room set near the collegewas around Rs. 6000, if sharing the room with four students. So the per person rent is around Rs. 1500. For food, you can hire a cook. Usually a cook charges Rs. 2000 per month.
22) I have missed to take a print of my online application at the end of my application process. How will I get access to it?
You can take a copy by typing the appropriate details take a printout from the official website of Andhra University), by clicking on “Print your Filled In Application Form”.
23) Are the Helpline centres (HLCs) meant for appearing in the AUPET entrance test?
No. This information is required for certificate verification at the time of Counselling for admission to professional courses. The schedule will be notified by the competent authority at later date.
24) What if I don’t have an Email-id ?
Email-id is not a mandatory detail but desirable, as you might be intimated important information about AUPET from time to time to the given e-mail id.
25) What if I don’t have a mobile number?
Mobile number is a mandatory detail as your Transaction Id., Payment confirmation or any other future correspondence is through the correct Mobile number you enter. Hence, if you don’t have a Mobile number enter the mobile number of your parents / guardian.
26) I have pressed the Back / Refresh / Any button during the Registration Fee Payment through Debit / Credit Card, will that speed up my payment process ?
It is strictly suggested to avoid the operation of Back / Refresh / any other buttons during the Registration Fee Payment through Debit / Credit Card. Not only will this hamper the whole process, but the application submission will be incomplete. Hence, you are advised to have patience during the Online Payment through Bank.
27) With the help of the AP Online acquired Transaction Id, I have started filling the Online Application Form. Unfortunately, I did not complete the process by clicking the “Submit” button and the “Filled In Online Application Form” was not generated. Can I use the same Transaction Id. again and restart the filling of the Online Application Form?
Yes, you can use the same Transaction Id. as long as you do not press the “Submit Application” button in Online Application Form.
28) I have registered for AUPET as I am eligible. Can I transfer the already paid Registration Fee to my friend ?
No, the Registration Fee cannot be transferred.
29) I have paid the Registration Fee, but I do not wish to take the AUPET exam due to unavoidable reasons. Is the Registration Fee refundable?
No, the Registration Fee is not refundable.
30) Can I exchange the Transaction Id. with my friend?
No, the Transaction Id. is not tranferable.
31) When and how will I get the admit card (hall ticket)?
You can download the Admit Card from the official website of Andhra University around one week prior to the AUPET entrance test by providing the unique registration ID allotted to you at the time of online submission of application form.
32) What is the eligiblity criteria for AUPET ?
- Any recognized Bachelors Degree of minimum 3 years duration with at least 50% marks
- SC/ST/BC candidates with 45% marks
33) What is the examination pattern of AUPET ?
Andhra University Postgraduate Entrance Test For MBA paper consists of 90 Questions which are in three parts:
PART A : General English (40 Questions)
- Reading Comprehension
- Correction of Sentences, Articles, Prepositions, Tenses, Spelling
- Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms
- Transformation of Sentences - Simple, Compound and Complex. Voices, Direct Speech and Indirect Speech
PART B: General Knowledge & Teaching Aptitude (30 Questions)
- General knowledge of the environment and society
- Current events
- Questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Ecology, Economics, General Policy and Scientific Research
- Teaching requires certain characteristics like ability to communicate, ability to deal with children, ability to recognise individual differences etc., apart from analytical thinking and general intelligence
PART C: You should opt for one of the following subjects: (20 questions)
- Mathematics (MS)
- Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry) (PS)
- Biological Sciences (Botany and Zoology) (BS)
- Social Studies (Geography, History, Civics and Economics) (SS)
Test duration - 2.30 hours
34) What is maximum age eligibility criteria ?
There is no upper or lower age limit.
35) Will there be any negative marking?
Yes, there is a negative marking of 1/4 marks for each wrong answer.
36) Am I allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue?
No, you are not allowed to carry a calculator or mobile into the test venue.
37) If I arrive to the AUPET Examination Hall late by 1 minute, will I be allowed to take the exam?
If you are taking the AUPET examination and are late, you will not be allowed into the examination hall at all. Hence, there is no scope for taking the exam. In view of the unwanted situations in the past, you are advised to reach the Test Centre well in advance keeping in view the time required for travelling and traffic conditions.