Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design UCEED- B.Des. (Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design UCEED- B.Des. - 2017)
Oct 17, 2016
Dec 26, 2016
Jan 22, 2017
Feb 24, 2017
Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design UCEED- B.Des. 2017 - Exam Pattern
Exam Paper Type : Online | Exam Duration : 3.0 Hr
|Section A - NAT Questions (Visualization and spatial ability, Observation and design sensitivity, Environmental and social awareness, Analytical and logical reasoning, Language and creativity, Design thinking and problem solving)||60 Minutes||80||20|
|Section B - MSQ (Visualization and spatial ability, Observation and design sensitivity, Environmental and social awareness, Analytical and logical reasoning, Language and creativity, Design thinking and problem solving)||60 Minutes||100||25|
|Section C - MCQ (Visualization and spatial ability, Observation and design sensitivity, Environmental and social awareness, Analytical and logical reasoning, Language and creativity, Design thinking and problem solving)||60 Minutes||120||40|
The question paper will consist of 3 sections.
- Section A: Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions. For these questions, the answer is a number that needs to be entered using a virtual keyboard in the computer screen. No choices will be shown for these questions. Each correct answer will be awarded 4 marks. There is NO NEGATIVE marks for this section. Questions not attempted will be given zero mark.
- Section B: Multiple Select Questions (MSQ). Each MSQ has one or more correct answer(s) out of the four given choices. The candidate gets 4 marks only if ALL the correct choices and NO wrong choices are selected. There is NO NEGATIVE or PARTIAL marks for this section. Questions not attempted will be given zero mark.
- Section C: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ). Each MCQ has four choices out of which only one is the correct answer. There is NEGATIVE marking for this section. Each correct answer will be awarded 3 marks and each wrong answer will be awarded –1 (minus one) mark. Questions not attempted will be given zero mark.
- Total Marks: 300
- Total Questions: 85
- Test Duration: 3 Hours
Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design UCEED- B.Des. 2017 Syllabus
- Visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings
- Visualizing different sides of three dimensional objects
- Identifying commonly used materials and objects based on their textural qualities
- Analytical reasoning
- Mental Ability
- Imaginative comprehension and expression
- Architectural awareness
- Visual Reasoning
- Critical Reasoning
- Number series
- Letter Series
- Series Missing Numbers
- Odd one out
- Blood Relation
- Coding Decoding
- Direction and Distance test
- Ranking Tests
- Sitting Arrangement
- Linear Arrangements
- Matrix Arrangements
- Mathematical Puzzles
- Venn Diagram
- Strong & Weak Arguments
- Statements Assumptions
- Statements and Conclusions
- Statements & Inferences
- Logical Sequence of Words
- Verbal Classification (Odd one out)
- Logical Deduction (based on syllogism)
- Course of Action
- Causes and Effects
- Sentence Jumble
- Sentence Improvement
- Subject Verb Agreement
- Sentence completion
- Word Usage
- Idioms and Pharses
- Cloze Test
- Migratory Words
- Phrasal Verbs
- Vehicle Sketching
- Memory drawing
- Perspective drawing
- Correct Proportions
- Pencil Rendering
- Creating 2-Dimensional composition from given geometric or non-geometric shapes
- Colour Rendering
- Creating Logos
- Colour Schemes
- Creating 3-Dimensional composition from given geometric or non-geometric forms
- Creating structural forms from 3- D elements.
- Creating the effect of light and shadow
- Banking and Finance
- Institutions of India
- Defence & Space
- Indian Judiciary
- Awards & Honours
- Indian Constitution
- International Relations
- Science and Technology
- Who's who
- Indian Industries
- Indian Agriculture
- Current Affairs
Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design UCEED- B.Des. Exam Prepartions FAQ
1) Am I qualified to apply to B. Des. if I qualify in JEE (Main) or JEE (Adv)?
No. UCEED and JEE are two entirely different exams. To apply for admission to the B. Des. programme at IIT Bombay, a candidate is required to qualify in UCEED, as well as satisfy the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQ), which is a PASS in XII Board (or equivalent) examination. However do note that candidates from the Science Stream with Physics, Chemistry and Maths as subjects are eligible to apply to all the three institutes while candidates from any other stream (Science without Maths or Physics or Chemistry, Commerce, and Arts & Humanities) are eligible to apply to only IIT Bombay and IIITDM Jabalpur.
2) Are my XII Board marks considered for the B. Des. admissions?
Board marks are not considered for the B. Des. admissions.
3) Which academic stream in my XII standard (or equivalent) should I have studied in to be eligible for the UCEED examination?
Students from any academic stream (e.g. science, arts & humanities, commerce etc.) in their XII standard (or equivalent), are eligible to apply for UCEED.
4) Are there any books that I can study to prepare for UCEED?
UCEED is a design aptitude test. Aptitude tests assume that individuals have inherent strengths and weaknesses, and are naturally inclined toward success or failure in certain areas based on their inherent characteristics. Except for the syllabi section 'Environmental and social awareness' which will test your general awareness in the topics outlined under it, the remaining five sections will test your aptitude. Consequently there are no text or reference books that we can recommend.
5) I passed my XII standard in 2015 (or earlier). Can you make an exemption for me?
No. You are not allowed.
6) I am studying XII Class under the National Open School or as a Private Candidate under State Board. Where should I get the Annexure 1 certified?
Candidates who will be appearing for their Class XII (or equivalent) in 2017 under the the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) should get the Annexure 1 certified from the Regional NIOS Board Office or the Regional State Education Board Office.
7) I appeared for UCEED 2016 but did not qualify. Can I appear for UCEED 2017?
Yes you can, provided you meet the age and year of passing qualification certificate criteria as mentioned here. However do note that a candidate can attempt UCEED for a maximum of two times only and that too in consecutive years, and that the UCEED score is valid only for admissions in the corresponding academic year.
8) Will there be negative marking?
Only Section C of the question paper has negative marking.
9) How is that students from all academic streams are eligible to apply for UCEED?
Design is an interdisciplinary activity. Holistic design considers the sciences, arts, technology, economics, media, policy, society and culture. Successful designers have backgrounds in the arts, sciences and the humanities. However do note that candidates from the Science Stream with Physics, Chemistry and Maths as subjects are eligible to apply to B.Des atall the three institutes while candidates from any other stream (Science without Maths or Physics or Chemistry, Commerce, and Arts & Humanities) are eligible to apply to only IIT Bombay and IIITDM Jabalpur.
10) Many design aptitude exams that I know of, test drawing skills. How will drawing skills be tested in an objective type examination like UCEED?
While drawing skills can demonstrate a person's visualization skills, there are equally effective or better ways to test such skills through objective measures. Besides, we recognise that many students may not have had drawing skills training in their 10+2 schooling, and therefore UCEED will not put them at a disadvantage.
11) I am from the non-science stream in my XII. Will I be able to cope with the course?
If you are good enough to qualify in UCEED and make it to the B. Des. selection list, coping with B. Des. will not be a problem for you.
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place