GITAM Admission Test(PGT)-M.Tech (GAT(PGT)-M.Tech - 2016)
How to Prepare
40 questions on Quantitative (Mathematical) ability involving Arithmetic, Elementary Algebra, Geometry, Inequalities, Graphs (data interpretation), Sets, Relations and Functions etc.
30 questions on Analytical / Logical Reasoning
30 questions in Verbal Proficiency in English involving sentence completion, analogy, reading comprehension, antonyms, etc.
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a timetable and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rotes learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basics and concepts before moving on.
It is very important to make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learned through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
Most the entrance examinations will have negative marking and everyone would suggest you stay clear of questions are not sure about. But some experts are of the opinion that you answer the questions in which you are confused between an option or two because there will also be a chance of getting it right.
GAT(PGT)-M.Tech 2016 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
GITAM Admission Test GAT (PGT)-M.Tech exam is conducted by Gitam University for admissions to its Postgraduate program. GITAM Admission Test GAT (PGT)-M.Tech entrance exams are conducted at the National, State and University level for offering admission to undergraduate students in different M.Tech colleges and universities in India. The university offers 4-year full-time bachelor's degree in Engineering. GITAM University takes admission for it's Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad & Bengaluru Campus.
Computer-aided Design, Manufacture & Engineering
Computer Science & Technology
Digital Systems & Signal Processing
Food Processing Technology
Industrial Engineering & Management
Power Systems and Automation
RF & Microwave Engineering
Structural Engineering & Natural Disaster Management
GAT(PGT)-M.Tech 2016 Conducting Body
GITAM Admission Test(UGTP)-M.Tech exam is conducted by Gitam University. During the past 35 years, GITAM has been committed to excellence in higher education foraying into diversified disciplines of learning. It has steadily evolved into a world-class university recognized for the experiential learning it offers, the competent and compassionate faculty, the stellar research laboratories, academic vibrancy and cosmopolitan culture. Dr. MVVS Murthi, visionary, industrialist, educationist, philanthropist and former parliamentarian has been guiding the destinies of the University since its inception.
GAT(PGT)-M.Tech Contact Details
|Address||GITAM University Gandhi Nagar, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam-530 045 Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Phone no||(+91-891) 2790404, 2840302|
1) What is GITAM?
GITAM was founded in 1980 by Dr. M.V.V.S. Murthi, a respected Parliamentarian and Philanthrophist. It was declared a Deemed to be University on 14th August, 2007, under section 3 of UGC Act 1956, by a joint committee comprising of UGC, MHRD, and AICTE. Today the GITAM University has the following Institutes and School:
- GITAM Institute of Technology
- GITAM Institute of Management
- GITAM Institute of Science
- GITAM School of International Business
- GITAM Institute of Pharmacy
- GITAM School Architecture
- School of Law
These Institutions are located on a sprawling 100 acre campus that overlooks the majestic Bay of Bengal. Set amidst verdant surroundings, resplendent with natural beauty, flanked by the majestic Rushikonda Hills, Visakhapatnam campus presents a picture-perfect setting for scholastic pursuits.
2) Are there any criteria for entry?
Yes. You should have to appear for GITAM Admission Test (GAT) and obtain a rank in that.
3) What is/are the college/colleges covered under this examination?
GITAM University Andhra Pradesh conducts GITAM GAT examination annually for the admissions of B.Tech in Engineering in the following its three institutes.
- GITAM School of Technology, Hyderabad
- GITAM Institute of Technology, Visakhaptnam.
4) Where can I obtain the Application Form?
- Online form is available at official website..
- Hard copies are available at :-
- GIM, GITAM University Campus, Vizag,
- CDL, GITAM University, Dodaparthi, Vizag, and
- GITAM City Office, Khairatabad, Hyderabad.
5) How to Check the Application Status of registered candidates?
In order to check the application status, registered candidates need to enter their Registration Number and Date of Birth.
6) Does GITAM University have its own entrance test?
For all its programmes, merit list is prepared based on candidate’s performance in Group-discussion, Personal interview and scores secured in Admission test.
7) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
8) How can we get the hall ticket?
Candidates can download the hall ticket from the website.
9) The admit card has been issued but I am unable to login. What should I do now?
Not to worry, when the admit card is released the website crashes down due to high traffic. The conducting body will take the appropriate measures to resolve the issue.
10) When to take print outs of their Application Form?
After submission of application form along with application fee structure prescribed by the university, candidates are advised to take print outs of their Gitam Application Form and keep them safe for future references.
11) What are the eligibility criteria for M.Tech Program?
Pass the Qualifying Examination from recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade and score obtained in GAT (PGT).
12) I am appearing final year B.Tech in CSE. Can I apply for the exam?
Yes, you can.
13) I am a GATE qualifier? Can I get any advantage of it during the admission process?
Yes,you can get advantage of during the admission process.
14) What happens if one is selected and could not acquire 50% marks, or could not submit the provisional degree certificate by the end of Sept?
Since he/she would be given a provisional admission, the admission would stand cancelled and he/she shall be forfeiting the fee already paid.
15) I received GATE scorecard. Am I eligible to apply fo GAT M.Tech?
Having received GATE scorecard does not mean that you have qualified in GATE. Please see the GATE scorecard for details on qualification. Make sure that your GATE marks are above the cut-off marks of your category and GATE paper. You will not be considered for GAT admission if you do not meet the GATE qualifying marks criterion even though you are allowed to submit the application.
16) I am holding Bachelor of Information technology/science. Am I eligible.
Yes, you are eligible. Kindly check the eilgibility criteria on website.
17) Are diploma holders eligible to apply for the program?
No. Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for the program.
18) How are the marks awarded in KIITEE M.tech?
There is negative marking 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
19) On what basis will the merit list be prepared?
1) The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained in the GAT subject to the rule of reservation as per UGC guidelines/norms as applicable to the University.
2) A candidate qualified in GAT will be eligible for admission only if he/she fulfills the requirement of minimum marks in the qualifying examination as per the eligibility criteria.
3) GATE qualified candidates are exempted from appearing for GAT (PGT), however, they need to apply to GITAM University for admission before the last date and the candidate has to attend counseling as per the schedule.
20) What is/are the cut-off percentile/s applied for the various tests you consider?
The cut-off percentile varies from year to year, depending on the performance of applicants in that year. Hence it would be difficult to state a cut-off percentile or percentage.
21) What are the specializations/Courses offered at GITAM University inn B.Tech ?
Courses Offered at Visakhapatnam Campus::-
M.Tech. Programs (Two Years)
- Computer Science and Technology
- Software Engineering
- Information Technology
- Data Sciences
- RF & Microwave Engineering
- VLSI Design
- Industrial Engineering & Management
- Structural Engg. & Natural Disaster Management
- Food Processing Technology
- Embedded Systems
- Digital Systems & Signal Processing
- Electronic Instrumentation
- Power Systems and Automation
- Machine Design
Courses Offered at Hyderabad Campus:
- Computer Science and Technology
- VLSI Design
- Power Systems and Automation
- Computer aided Design, Manufacture & Engineering.
22) What is the fee structure for the programs at GITAM University in M.Tech?
GAT M.Tech Annual Fee is 1,54,000/- p.a.
23) Does GAT offer any financial assistance ?
Merit scholarships are available to deserving candidates. The student is required to fill a separate form after payment of Commitment Fee.
24) Does GAT arrange any educational loan?
Selected applicants can apply directly to any nationalized and private sector banks for educational loans. Necessary documents and other assistance will be provided by GAT to facilitate the process.
25) Is it compulsory to stay in the hostel and what are the charges that the student will have to meet for staying in the hostel?
Yes. It is compulsory for all to stay in the hostel as the programmes are residential in nature. Rent free hostel accommodation is provided within the University Campus. However, expenses for mess, maintenance & other overheads will have to be borne by the students.
26) Can one withdraw his/her admission after payment of the commitment fee? In such a case will his/her commitment fee be refunded?
Yes. One can withdraw his/her admission after one pays the commitment fee. His/her commitment fee will be returned as per the norms of the University.
27) Does a candidate have to come all the way to Visakhapatnam to attend GD / PI in GAT?
NO, the Group Discussions as well as Personal Interviews would be held at number of cities across India. But candidates have to apply early to make use of this. The exact dates and venues would be advised at the appropriate time to all the candidates.
28) Are there any Scholarships for meritorious students?
a)Merit–cum-Means Scholarships will be awarded to 5% of students in each department of the academic institutes of the University @ ` 2,000/- per month depending upon merit of the student and income of the parent.
b)Merit Scholarships will be awarded to GATE qualified students of M.Tech. under TEQUIP-II project, subject to a maximum of three students in each program @ ` 8,000/- per month.
c)Stipends / Teaching Assistantships will be offered to meritorious students of M.Tech. & M.Pharmacy depending upon the need and availability of suitable candidates, subject to a maximum of three students in each program @ ` 5,000/- per month.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place