How to Prepare
GNDU CET 2016 Question Paper Format
GNDU CET 2016
GURU NANAK DEV UNIVERSITY COMMON ENTRANCE TEST (M.Pharmacy) is conducted across the country by the Guru Nanak Dev University. The Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar invites applications every year from eligible candidates for admission in its new academic year during the month of July for numerous Under Graduate and Post Graduate courses offered at its campus and associated institutes and colleges.
GNDU CET 2016 Conducting Body
GURU NANAK DEV UNIVERSITY conducts COMMON ENTRANCE TEST ( for M. Pharmacy) . Guru Nanak Dev University was established at Amritsar on November 24, 1969, to mark the 500th birth anniversary of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji. It is both a residential and an affiliating university. In conceiving the future course of the University, the objectives enshrined in the Guru Nanak Dev University Act 1969, emphasized that the new University would make provision for imparting education and promote research in the humanities, learned professions, sciences, especially of applied nature and technology.
GNDU CET Contact Details
|Address||Grand Trunk Rd, Off NH 1, Amritsar, Punjab 143005|
|Phone no||+91-183-2258802-09, +91-183-2450601-14, Extn. 3019|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
GNDU CET FAQ
1) Tell me about Guru Nanak Dev University(GNDU)?
Guru Nanak Dev University was established at Amritsar on November 24, 1969 to mark the 500th birth anniversary of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji. It is both a residential and an affiliating university. In conceiving the future course of the University, the objectives enshrined in the Guru Nanak Dev University Act 1969, emphasised that the new University would make provision for imparting education and promoting research in the humanities, learned professions, sciences, especially of applied nature and technology.
2) Where is GNDU(Guru Nanak Dev University)?
Guru Nanak Dev University Grand Trunk Road, Off NH1, Amritsar, Punjab 143001.
3) What is the procedure for taking admission in GNDU CET M.pharmacy ?
The admission will be made, in the order of preference for specialization, on the basis of score in the GPAT and in case of non-availability of GPAT qualified candidates the admission will be based on merit in the Entrance Test to be conducted by the Department.
GPAT qualified candidates must indicate their GPAT score and rank in admission form under the column "Any other Qualification".
4) How do I get the application form for admission?
For filling up application form online can be accessed at official website.The candidates shall fill up online the application form very carefully. They are required to fill up all the applicable columns with utmost care. They are advised to remember their ‘password’ as the same may be needed at the time of counselling.
5) The admit card has been issued but I am unable to login. What should I do now?
Not to worry, when the admit card is released the website crashes down due to high traffic. The conducting body will take the appropriate measures to resolve the issue.
6) Where Will I Find The Test Syllabus ?
Go to the website , click on the admission read more tab,then click on the test syllabi tab under heading “about GNDU application”.
7) How Can I Make Corrections In My Application Form ?
Write an application mentioning the corrections to be done in the application form & send it along with the application form.
8) How will I get my Admit Card?
You will need to download your Admit Card from the official website of Guru Nanak Dev University.
9) I forgot my application number, how do I download my admit card?
It can be downloaded by submitting email id and DoB. However, check the confirmation page of the application form, the required number will be given there.
10) When shall I receive the GNDU CET M.pharmacy admit card?
You can download admit card from first week of July. You must not mutilate the admit card nor make any change therein.
11) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card?
The admit card will contain the photo, name and signature of the candidate, GNDU Roll number, test date, time, reporting time at the venue, venue name, venue address and brief instructions for the candidate.
12) Can I change my preferred test city after I have submitted my form?
No. No data can be changed once the form is finally submitted.
13) If I do not take my test, will I be eligible for a refund?
No. Your fees will not be refunded in case you do not appear for your test as per your scheduled location, date and time.
14) What are the permitted materials I can bring with me to the test centre?
None. You will not be permitted to bring any personal items to the test centre, including but not limited to wrist-watch, cellphones, calculators, etc.
15) What are the eligibility criteria for taking GNDU CET M.Pharmacy ?
- B. Pharmacy degree examination of Guru Nanak Dev University or any other recognized University/Institution with 60% marks (55% for SC/ST).
- 80% seats are reserved for candidates who have qualified GPAT and passed B. Pharmacy examination of GuruNanakDevUniversity. However, if eligible candidate(s) are not available under above category, the vacant seats shall be open to the candidates who have qualified GPAT and B.Pharm. examination from other universities.
16) I am 35 years old, B.pharm degree holder. should I eligible for GNDU CET M.Pharmacy ?
Yes, any person from pharmacy professional (degree holder)can appear for examination of GNDU CET M.Pharmacy. Currently there is no age limit for appearing GPAT Examination.
17) I received GPAT scorecard. Am I eligible to apply fo GNDU CET M.Pharmacy?
Having received GPAT scorecard does not mean that you have qualified in GPAT. Please see the GPAT scorecard for details on qualification. Make sure that your GPAT marks are above the cut-off marks of your category and GPAT paper. You will not be considered for GNDU admission if you do not meet the GPAT qualifying marks criterion even though you are allowed to submit the application.
18) What is the duration of the test?
The duration of test will be 120 minutes.
19) If I have done Graduation through PART TIME or DISTANCE LEARNING MODE, am I eligible to apply for GNDU CET M.Pharmacy exam?
No,you are not allowed.
20) Will there be negative marking in GNDU CET M.Pharmacy exam?
No,there are no negative marking.
21) If I complete my exam before two hours, can I leave early?
No. even if you complete the exam before the scheduled end time, you will not be allowed to leave the exam hall. You are allowed to leave the exam only after the scheduled two hours of exam are over. You cannot leave in between the exam even if you finish the exam early.
22) I am a B. Pharmacy third year student. Am I eligible for GNDU CET M.Pharmacy ?
No, B. Pharmacy third year students are not eligible to appear in GNDU CET M.Pharmacy examination.
23) Will I get to see my scores on the test day?
No.you cannot see your scores on the test day.
24) Is GNDU CET (M.Pharmacyh) result based on ranking or percentile?
The result is based on ranking.
25) For how long is the GNDU CET (M.Pharmacy) score valid?
The GNDU CET (M.Pharmacy) score is valid for just one year.
26) How many Seats are covered under the GNDU CET (M.Pharmacy)Entrance test ?
- There are 30 seats covered under the GNDU CET (M.Pharmacy) Entrance test
- Note:-80% seats are reserved for candidates who have qualified GPAT and passed B. Pharmacy examination of GuruNanakDevUniversity.
27) What is the fee structure for M.Pharmacy program at Guru Nanak Dev University ?
Fee (Approximate) Rs. 86465/-(1st.Sem.) Rs.69000/-(2nd Sem.) .
28) Guru nanak dev university approved by the Government ?
G.N.D.U. is both a residential and an affiliating university.The National Assessment and Accreditation Council accredited. The university at the five star level.
29) How is seat allocation done?
The first indicative seat allocation list may comprise of some additional seats over and above the total available seats among the participating institutions.
30) Do all students get hostel facilities?
- All rights of admission to the hostels are reserved with the Dean Students Welfare. Application for admission, on the prescribed Form, available in the offices of the wardens, accompanied by two passport size photographs, attested by the Head of the Department will be made in the students own handwriting and personally submitted to the warden of the hostel. Local students from within a radius of 40 kilometers (25 kilometers in case of girls), evening students, employees and part-time students are not eligible for admission to the hostel. Admission to hostel will be sought afresh in every academic session. Research Fellows are treated at par with other students.
- As the number of seats in the hostels is limited, accommodation in hostel shall not be available to all the applicants. The students are advised to make alternative arrangements for their stay outside the campus in that case.
31) What is the Counselling fee?
Counselling fee is the payment made by a candidate to show his/her seriousness/commitment in taking admission in any of the participating NLU(s). Counselling fee is not a separate fee, it is the adjustable advance paid which subsequently gets adjusted at the time of admission from the fee payable to the respective University by a candidate.
32) Do my parents need to accompany me when I come for counselling?
No, it is not mandatory for your parents to be come with you.