How to Prepare
ISI Admission Test (PGDCA) 2016 Question Paper Format
ISI Admission Test (PGDCA) 2016
PGDCA aspirants for the ISI must appear for the ISI Admission Test to be considered for admissions. ISI exam officially known as Indian Statistical Institute entrance exam is one of the popular exams among the candidates who wish to take admission several degree programs provided by the ISI institute. Every year Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) conducts this exam. Founded in 1931, ISI is one of the leading institutes of statistical research in India headquartered in Kolkata. It has 4 major campuses located in Delhi, Chennai, Banglore and Tezpur.
ISI Admission Test (PGDCA) 2016 Conducting Body
ISI Admission Test(PGDCA) conducted by Indian Statistical Institute (ISI). Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), a unique P. C. Mahalanobish institution devoted to the research, teaching and application of statistics, natural sciences and social sciences. Founded by Professor P.C. Mahalanobis in Kolkata on 17th December, 1931, the institute gained the status of an Institution of National Importance by an act of the Indian Parliament in 1959. The Headquarters of ISI is located in the northern fringe of the metropolis of Kolkata. Additionally, there are four centres located in Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai and Tezpur. Research in Statistics and related disciplines is the primary activity of the Institute. Teaching activities are undertaken mainly in Kolkata, Delhi and Bangalore. Offices of the Institute located in several other cities in India are primarily engaged in projects and consultancy in Statistical Quality Control and Operations Research'.
ISI Admission Test (PGDCA) Contact Details
|Address||Indian Statistical Institute, 8th Mile, Mysore Road, R.V.College Post, Bangalore 560059, India|
|Phone no||080-28483002, 28483003,28483004, 28483006|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
ISI Admission Test (PGDCA) FAQ
1) How to Apply ISI Admission Test ?
- Visit the official website of ISI .
- Register as a new user and create an account.
- Login into the account.
- Enter details in the application form.
- Upload the scanned images of photo and signature.
- Submit, verify and confirm the application form.
- Pay the application fee using online or offline method.
- Take a printout of the application form and keep it safe for further use.
2) In which formats can I upload the scanned images?
3) Which documents are required to be uploaded in the application form?
Scanned images of photograph & signature.
4) What is the admission procedure?
Selection is based on the performance in written test and interview. Past academic records may also be taken into consideration. The admission test will comprise multiple-choice and/or descriptive questions on basic Mathematics.
5) Can I make payment through offline mode?
Yes, you can make payment through SBI bank challan.
6) There is any need to send the printed application form?
Only in case of PG Diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics programme.
7) What is the ISI Admission Test?
Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) organizes an entrance exam know as ISI to screen candidates for admission in various degree programmes. ISI offers various UG, PG, PhD programme in the field of Statistics, Science & Technology. This institution has four campuses situated in Chennai, Tezpur, Delhi and Bangalore. Every year, the ISI entrance exam conducted in the month of May.
8) I have completed the online application. But, I have not taken a print out. How can I get a print out now?
You can go to the applying online page again and enter the personal details AND the application number. You will be taken to the printout page again.
9) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in Second week of April (onwards). You will have to log onto the ISI website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website.
10) What should I do if I do not receive the ISI admit card by the time of the examination?
In case you do not receive the Admit Card, you should make it a point to report the same immediately to the Admissions Officer. If you do not receive the Admit Card, before the examination date, he / she would have to meet ISI Representative one day before the examination at the centre with a copy of the application form and two attested pass-port size photographs, identical to the one affixed in the application form. All enquiries pertaining to the Admit Card without mentioning application number will not be entertained under any circumstances.
11) What is the eligibility criterion for appearing in the entrance examination?
In order to be eligible for admission to this programme, an applicant must have a three-year Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Mathematics as a subject.
12) Is it necessary to study Mathematics as a subject to apply for Master of Computer Sciences (MCA)?
Yes. Mathematics as a course at Graduate Level those who want to take admission in ISI.
13) Is there any other source of information regarding the admissions other than the website?
The admission brochure will be available . However, please refer to the website regularly for updates and notifications.
14) Can I take admission if the result of my qualifying examination is awaited or I have back-log/ re-appear/ compartment in the qualifying examination?
Applicants who are either awaiting their result or are due to appear for qualifying exam may also apply, provided they furnish/ submit the result of the qualifying examination to the university either by the last date of provisional registration or at the time of admission, or by the last date as specified by the university.
15) Is the knowledge and interest in computers essential to sit for PGDCA entrance?
Entrance questions are based on Computer languages, knowledge of hardware etc. However,you do not need to have high level technical knowledge to clear an PGDCA Entrance Examination.
16) Any evening batch for this PGDCA courses are available?
No,there are no evening batch for this PGDCA course.
17) Can I opt for PGDCA , even if I did not have Mathematics in class 12th?
Yes, You can opt for PGDCA without mathematics but you must have a three-year Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with Mathematics as a subject.
18) For how long do the ISI Admission Test(PGDCA)Entrance Exam scores valid for admission?
ISI PGDCA Entrance Exam scores are valid for one year only.
19) What are the Examination, Rules for Passing?
There are two examinations in each course in all programmes:
mid-semestral and semestral (final). The composite score in a course is a weighted average of the scores in the mid-semestral and semestral examinations, class tests, home-assignments, practical record-book, project work, etc. (announced at the beginning of the semester).
- If the composite score of a student falls short of 45% in a credit course, or 35% in a non-credit course the student may take at most one back-paper examination to improve the score. The maximum score a student can secure in a back-paper examination is 45%. The maximum number of back-papers that can be taken in any given year of a programme is specified in the Students’Brochure.
- If a student misses a mid-semestral or a semestral or a back-paper examination due to medical or family emergencies, there is a provision for a supplementary examination. The student can score at most 60% in the supplementary examinations to mid-semestral and semestral examinations, and at most 45% in the case of a back-paper examination.
- In case a student fails to secure pass marks in a course even after the results of backpaper examination have been declared, there is provision for a compensatory examination subject to fulfillment of certain conditions, details of which are available in the Students’ Brochure.
20) Are financial assistance and bank loans available?
There is a provision for need based financial assistance for deserving candidates. Educational loans to admitted participants may be available from banks and other financial institutions.
21) In Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) which campus offered a Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Applications ?
Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Applications(PGDCA) total duration of this programme is one year, and it is offered at the ISI Giridih Branch. There is no stipend or tuition fee for the course.
22) Will be there any attendance rule?
Attendance rules that are applicable to the host Institute will be followed in each semester.
23) What are the Pass / Fail rules?
Rules in a given semester will be those generally applicable in the host Institute of that semester.
24) What will be the class hours and how many days a week?
The hours and days will vary from semester to semester. The norms prevailing at the host institute would be followed.
25) Does the Institute provide Hostel Facility?
The Institute has hostels for the students in its premises in Kolkata, Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Tezpur. The campus at Giridih also has rudimentary hostel facilities. A nominal rent is charged per month for accommodation. Students are responsible for payment of food charges. However, it may not be possible to accommodate all degree/ diploma students in the hostels. Limited medical facilities are available free of cost at all campuses.
26) 2How do I contact in case of any further queries?
Email:postmaster(at)isibang.ac.in,info(at)isichennai.com,postmaster(at)isid.ac.in,isihyd(at)gmail.com ,postmaster(at)isical.ac.in .
27) What is the Institute role in the placement of students?
There is a Placement Committee in Kolkata, which arranges campus interviews by prospective employers. Campus interviews are also organised at the Delhi and Bengaluru Centres.
- Students who have undergone the B Stat (Hons), B Math (Hons), M Stat, M .Math, MS (QE), M Tech (CS), M Tech (QROR) and other degree, diploma/ certificate courses of the Institute and those having the Ph D degree of the Institute either get opportunities to join research programs in India and abroad, or get placed in attractive positions in the industry or government departments. The master degree programs in ISI have close to 100% placement record. Most of the students of the Institute get employment offers or admission to some Ph.D programmes even before they complete the qualifying degree examinations.