Courses & Exams
News & Articles



May 16, 2018 04:42 PM

NCWEB, popularly known as Non-Collegiate Women’s Education Board, is a unique initiative of the University of ...

May 15, 2018 05:17 PM

The Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination (HSEE) 2018 result has been declared on 15th May 2018. The ...

May 11, 2018 12:12 PM

The University of Mumbai has directed 100 regular students pursuing B.Com and B.A courses in varsity and its affiliated ...

May 01, 2018 10:24 AM

It seems like IIT Kharagpur is trying hard to connect the dots between modern sciences and ancient India’s ...

April 30, 2018 10:03 AM

As per the latest UGC data, the number of students joining humanities courses has increased in the past three years. A ...


What is UET? <p>UET means &lsquo;Undergraduate Entrance Test&rsquo;. You can appear in UET after 10+2 or equivalent passed with 50% marks. * But Some UET courses like B.ed and B.A LLB needs Graduation with 50% marks. for more eligibility criteria please read BHU UET Bulletin.</p>

How can i apply for these tests? <p>Application procedure starts in February-March of every year. All application procedure is online now. so you have to fill up a online application form at official website to appear in these tests after availability of application form.</p>

Is it compulsory to do all the steps mentioned for applying online in a single sitting? <ul> <li>You should create the login details ie user-id and password in one sitting. The password will be sent to you by email. In the second stage you should login using the login details received in your email and then change your password.</li> <li>Now in the next step you should re-login using the new password and fill the remaining part of the application in one sitting.</li> </ul>

How to obtain the Admit card after registering for BHU UET ? <p>After registering for BHU UET , the Admit card may be downloaded from the official website of the university .</p>

What is admission process in B.Ed? <p>Admissions shall be made on merit on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination and/or on the basis of the entrance examination conducted by the Banaras Hindu University.</p>

Who will provide the Bachelor’s Degree? <p>The Bachelor&rsquo;s Degree will be provided by Banaras Hindu University (BHU).</p>

Is it compulsory to have an Email-ID and Mobile number? <p>Yes, Email-ID and mobile number are mandatory for all candidates. Active Email-ID and mobile number of parents can also be used.</p>

Shall I send the confirmation page to the University? <p>No. You need not send any document to the University unless otherwise specifically mentioned in your application status page.</p>

I have successfully submitted the application and remitted the application fee. But I cannot download my Registration Confirmation Page. <p>Registration Confirmation Page will be available for download in your home page immediately after your application is approved. Please check your application status.</p>

I forgot to note down my Registration number during the Candidate registration process. How can I get the Registration number? <p>Login to your home page. There you will get all details about your application.</p>

I forgot my password. What is the procedure to retrieve the password? <p>Using the link &lsquo;Forgot Your Password&rsquo; in online application, you can reset your password. User name, DOB, email-id, Security Question and answer to it should be provided for resetting the password.</p>

I am not able to upload the photo. What is the reason? <p>Photo to be uploaded should have the specified dimensions and size. Upload your recent passport size (color) photograph (132 x 170 pixels with the file size between 4 KB and 100 KB) and signature (132 x 57 pixels with file size between 1 KB and 30 KB). Refer the link &quot;Uploading Photo &amp; Sign&quot; in the Application Portal.&nbsp;</p>

What are the eligibility criteria for appearing in BHU UET B.Ed? <p>Candidates with at least fifty percent marks either in the Bachelor?s Degree and/or in the Master?s Degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/ Humanities/Commerce, Bachelor?s degree in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks. A candidate must have studied at least one School subject* at the graduation level or post-graduation as a main subject**.</p> <ul> <li><strong>The School subjects are:</strong> Hindi, Sanskrit, English, Science (Physics and/or Chemistry), Biology (Zoology and/or Botany), Mathematics, Economics, History (or AIHC &amp; Arch.), Geography, Political Science (or Civics), Home Science, Statistics and Commerce. In the B. Ed./B. Ed.-Special Education there shall be four groups, viz; (A) Languages (B) Science (C) Mathematics and (D) Social Science and Humanities. A candidate to be eligible for particular group should have studied at least any one subject at graduation level (at least for two years)/ post- graduation level as a main subject.</li> </ul>

This year I am appearing/have appeared in graduation final year examination. Am I eligible to take admission in the B.Ed.? <p>Yes. Final year degree students can also apply for the B.Ed. program but they have to deposit their final year mark sheet with at least 55% marks before 31st August.</p>

If I have secured more than 50% marks in my previous years but unable to manage 50% marks in aggregate after final year result. In this case, may I be allowed to pursue B.Ed program? <p>No. Minimum 55% marks, in aggregate, are compulsory in graduation/post graduation to pursue B.Ed program.</p>

This year I have passed previous year of post graduation. Now I want to pursue B.Ed program. Is it possible? <p>Yes. You can take break from your post graduation and can resume your PG after passing B.Ed; subject to the permission from the University from where you are pursuing your post graduation. You should remember that your graduation must be with at least 55% marks.</p>

Whether a candidate securing 55% or more in aggregate but less than 55% marks in Honours subject is eligible for admission in B.Ed. programme? <p>Yes, such candidate is eligible for admission in B.Ed. programme, as the requirement is 55% marks in the Aggregate.</p>

Whether a candidate securing 55% marks or more in the Honours subject but less than 55% in aggregate in the Bachelor’s degree is eligible for admission in B.Ed. programme? <p>No, such candidate is not eligible for admission to B.Ed. programme, as the requirement is 55% marks in the aggregate.</p>

Whether a candidate who has undertaken a degree in vocational subjects is eligible for the B.Ed. programme? <p>No. A candidate who has undertaken a degree in vocational subjects is not eligible for the B.Ed. Programme.</p>

For how long is the BHU-UET score valid? <p>The BHU-UET score is valid for just one year.</p>

What happens if I do not receive the score card before the admission process in colleges? <p>The candidate can either show the photocopy of the application form or admit card to the college authorities to block the seat and produce the score card later.&nbsp;</p>

Can I take back the original documents with me? <p>Your original documents will be retained by the University until the completion of your course. We will however give you an acknowledgement for your original documents.</p>

How many Seats are covered under the BHU UET B.P.ED Entrance test ? <p>There are &nbsp;</p> <ul> <li>B. Ed. [BHU Campus, Kamachha :- <strong>100 seats Male&amp; Female</strong>, <ul> <li>Rajiv Gandhi South Campus Barkachha, Mirzapur :-<strong>50 seats Male&amp; Female [ Under Paid SeatsFee Structure];</strong> &nbsp;</li> <li>Arya Mahila Post Graduate College, Chetganj(AMPGC) :- <strong>50 seats for Female, &nbsp;</strong></li> <li>Vasanta College for Women, Rajgha (VCW):-<strong> 50 seats for Female</strong>.</li> </ul> </li> <li>B. Ed.-<strong>Special Education: Faculty of Education (Male &amp; Female) :-</strong> <ul> <li>Visual Impairment (V.I.): <strong>25 </strong>seats</li> <li>Hearing Impairment (H.I.): <strong>25</strong> seats.</li> </ul> </li> </ul>

Is there any scope for higher education after B.Ed.? <p>After doing this program one can do higher studies enrolling in Master of Education (M.Ed.) or in Master of Arts in Education (MA Education) program and then clear UGC-NET examination in Education subject and also could pursue research and Ph.D. in Education. After completing Masters in Education and meeting norms one could become Teacher Educator in the M.Ed., B.Ed. and D.Ed. (BTC/JBT) program of any Government or Private Institution. This program also opens the door for research activities After doing M.Ed.; options are also open in various NGOs and publishing houses as content developer.&nbsp;</p>

What are the documents to be submitted at the time of admission? <p>All the necessary documents mentioned below:-</p> <ul> <li>Transfer Certificate.</li> <li>Migration Certificate, if passed from a university other than BHU (To be submitted not later than 90 days of admission).</li> <li>High School Certificate/equivalent Certificate.</li> <li>Intermediate (+2) Certificate/equivalent Certificate.</li> <li>Mark sheets of High School/equivalent &amp; Intermediate (+2)/equivalent.</li> <li>Mark sheet of the Qualifying Examination.</li> <li>UET Admit Card issued from the office of the Controller of Examinations, BHU.</li> <li>SC/ST/OBC Certificate on the basis of which reserved quota seat is claimed.</li> <li>Certificate(s) in support of claim for &#39;Sports Seats&#39;.</li> <li>Certificate of being the son/daughter of a permanent in-service employee/Retired/Reemployed/ Deceased employee of BHU in the prescribed format issued by the Central Registry.</li> </ul>

Is hostel facility available for students?? <p>Yes,The institution has Two Hostels for Boys and almost all Girls are accommodated in different Girls Hostels available in the University.</p>

Do my parents need to accompany me when I come for counselling? <p>No, it is not mandatory for your parents to be come with you.&nbsp;</p>

Is the mess fee included in the hostel fees? <p>Yes, the mess charges as well as the laundry charges are included in the fee.</p>

I am unable to travel for my counselling. What do I do? <p>No problem, we understand there might be extenuating circumstances that prevent your travel. Your admission formalities can be done by an authorized representative carrying proper authorization documents, like your parents or even a friend.<br /> Please remember, fees and original documents are required for completing admission formalities.</p>

Take Mock Test

Take BHU UET B.Ed Mock Tests
Arts & Humanities News
Arts & Humanities Articles