SET B.Tech (Symbiosis) (SET B.Tech (Symbiosis) - 2016)
How to Prepare
Make a proper Time Table
It is very important that you make a time table and stick to it and you will have an exact idea of what you are required to study and the time required for it.
Concept clarity rather than rote learning
It is essential that you have a clear idea of the formulas and concepts rather than rote learning of things for the papers. While you might require it for memorizing formulas it is important that for other stuff you make sure you clear your basis and concepts before moving on.
It is very important make small notes or a comprehensive list of formulas on each covered topic and chapter which will come in handy at the time of revision. This will require you to be regular with your work but will surely make things easy at the time of revision.
Revision of Class XI and XII concepts
Make sure that you revise your concepts from the syllabus of these classes before starting anything new as most of the engineering exams will be for admission to undergraduate courses and so the syllabi from class XI and XII becomes the testing ground to check students.
It is not possible for you to know everything in your syllabus, at least not at the time of preparation. Sooner or later you will run into a concept or so which will give you trouble and then it is best you seek guidance from an instructor or a teacher. It is necessary that you clear your doubts at regular intervals and don’t prolong things for long. Getting into a good coaching class is nothing to be ashamed off and if anything a regular coaching class will enable you to avoid roadblocks in your preparation.
Even though there may be a complete change in the exam pattern or the expected questions altogether, it is important that you practice on the sample and previous years question papers available for the engineering exam you’d be attempting. You will know the existing pattern and have a fair idea of the type of questions to expect in the paper along with the time constraint.
The paper pattern, duration of the paper and the number of questions to be attempted in the given amount of time is not something you will be able to pick up on the day of the examination. A Mock Test tests a student’s abilities as it not only provides a similar feel of real exams but also helps in building speed and confident to face the exam. Furthermore, they can improve their performance to get an extra edge in actual exams. Try to build up an Engineering Entrance Exam Test Prep MCQ Question Bank
Time management can be learnt through thorough practice and regular test taking. So it is important that you practice it and practice it well.
SET B.Tech (Symbiosis) 2016 Question Paper Format
Correct Question Mark
SET B.Tech (Symbiosis) 2016
The Symbiosis Entrance Test(SET) b.tech is a test conducted by the Symbiosis International University’s Test Secretariat to judge the aptitude of the student for particular Programmes. This one single test makes you eligible for all Under Graduate programmes of Symbiosis. The admissions of the eligible candidates to B. Tech program of the institute will be based on merit in Symbiosis Institute B.Tech Entrance Test.
- Computer Science Engineering
- Information Technology
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
SET B.Tech (Symbiosis) 2016 Conducting Body
Symbiosis Institute M.Tech Entrance Test (Symbiosis SET) Conducted by Symbiosis Institute of Technology. Symbiosis Institute of Technology, a constituent of Symbiosis International University was established in the year, 2008 and currently offers M.Tech programmers in Computer Aided Design and Manufacture, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering. Research programmers leading to Ph. D. Degree has already been started in Faculty of Engineering of Symbiosis International University. The curriculum developed by the Institute lays a stress both on basics and latest developments. Realizing the fact that faculty is the most important resource, special efforts have been made to find, recruit and retain highly qualified and competent faculty.
SET B.Tech (Symbiosis) Contact Details
|Address||Symbiosis International University, Near Lupin Research Park, Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, Pune 412 115|
|Phone no||+91 20 39116300|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
SET B.Tech (Symbiosis) FAQ
1) What are the ways through which I can secure admission for First Year B.Tech, 2017?
1.Normal Quota Admission under following categories:-
a) SET Candidate: - Candidates have to first register and then appear for Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) which is conducted on the first Saturday of May.
b) JEE Main Candidate: - Candidate can register for SIT First Year admission based on their JEE Main score.
c) MHT CET Candidate: - Candidate can register for SIT First Year admission based on their MHT CET score.
- International Admission:-Candidates can apply under international category.
- Admission of international students is done via Symbiosis Centre of International Education.
3.Discretionary Quota Admission: - For this purpose candidate have to register to SIT and then apply for discretionary quota. Forms for the same will be available online and offline in the institute from 4th June. We will make a separate merit of all the applications and offer admission based on PCM merit.
Note: - Registrations will be open on the above given links from February 2017.
2) Is separate registration required for SET and JEE Main ?
Yes, if candidate wish to apply through both the scores, then they need to do a separate registration for SET and JEE / MHTCET exam.
3) If my ward is studying in B.Tech. First year and wants to take admission in second year at SIT, what is the procedure?
Yes, migrations are allowed at SIT as per SIU rules. You can send email to email@example.com with the details of subjects studied, marks secured, name of Institute and affiliated University. Migration will be possible if the subjects match.
4) I have completed the online application. But, I have not taken a print out. How can I get a print out now?
You can go to the applying online page again and enter the personal details AND the application number. You will be taken to the printout page again.
5) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in the first week of May (onwards). You will have to log onto the SET website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website.
6) What details will be mentioned in the Admit Card?
The admit card will contain the following details: Name of the candidate Test date Test City & Centre address User ID / Registration Number PWD/DA status.
7) What should I do if I do not receive the SET(B.tech)admit card by the time of the examination?
In case you do not receive the Admit Card, you should make it a point to report the same immediately to the Admissions Officer. If you do not receive the Admit Card, before the examination date, he / she would have to meet SET Representative one day before the examination at the centre with a copy of the application form and two attested pass-port size photographs, identical to the one affixed in the application form. All enquiries pertaining to the Admit Card without mentioning application number will not be entertained under any circumstances.
8) What is the eligibility criteria for SET B.Tech ?
- Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry /Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject.
- Good Scores in any one of the following entrance exams: Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET) or JEE (Main) or MHT-CET.
9) If the PCM aggregate is less than 45%, but the competitive exam score is quite good, what are the chances for admission in that case?
If the percentage in the defined subjects is less than 45%, admission is not possible at SIT.
10) What is the syllabus of the symbiosis entrance test for engineering?
CBSE plus 1 and plus 2 syllabus.
11) I have completed my education from other country. ex. O'Level (10 class) from London and A'Level (12 class) from Bangladesh. How should I proceed?
You can take admission under the category of International students. Contact International office of Symbiosis or Symbiosis Centre for International Education at website .
12) While entering the 12th exam marks, should I include the practical marks also? Can I include 11th and 12th year marks?
The subject-wise and aggregate marks are to be given for the 12th year examination only. Don't include the 11th year exam marks. For practical marks, use the method used by your board to calculate the subject-wise marks.
13) I passed 12th exam in 2016. Am I eligible to appear for SET (B.Tech)-2017?
As advertised, you are eligible to Apply for SET (B.Tech) .
14) How am I Eligible for admission to B.Tech. programmes after 12th?
The B.Tech. programmes are 4-year programme after 12th. There is no intermediate degree awarded.
15) What is the Branch-wise Cut-Off?
- Cut-offs are declared only for the counseling rounds. There is no branch-wise cut-off.
- All the candidates can attend the counseling. In such counseling where a candidate has to Be physically present, sometimes many top rankers do not turn up.
- Some others are Interested in a particular branch and the moment the seats of that branch are filled up, they Leave.
- If you have a high score you stand a good chance to get a seat. If your rank is lower than that, you can still hope to get a seat. For this purpose you can apply for the waiting list by filling up the form and depositing Rs.1, 25,000/- by bank draft.
- As and when a seat falls vacant, this will be filled up from the waiting list.
16) What is cut-off for SET entrance exam?
There is no cut for the SET entrance exam. However cut-offs are declared only for the counseling day as who can attend the counselling round. Rest all the students who have SET score below the declared cut off has an option to either attend the counselling or directly apply for waiting list.
17) When is the merit list going to be displayed?
It will be displayed after the declaration of result and receipt of applications in the institute.
18) If my score is less should I come for counseling, as I have to travel from a far-off place?
It is your decision. If you feel you have even a remote chance, you should come.
19) What is JEE -Main cut-off for last year?
Each year we receive increased.
20) Can I directly come for counseling without registering for the First Year admissions?
Registration is a compulsory step for First Year admissions.Without registration,candidate would not be considered for admission process.
21) Are we going to be informed personally about date and time of counseling?
The date and time of counseling will be informed through online, offline advertisements and postings on the website. Please refer to the website.
22) Are parents also required at the time of counseling?
Parents are not required, but one parent can accompany the candidate, if they wish to.
23) Should I bring all the fees at the time of counseling?
Yes, candidate has to bring a DD of Rs.1, 25,000 drawn in favour of "Symbiosis Institute of Technology", Pune, payable at Pune. The remaining amount of the first semester fee has to be deposited latest by 30th June for counseling of SET – 4th June, JEE (Main) - 11th June, and direct second year-18 June) .This DD is mandatory for seat allocation.
24) Which document I need to carry with me at the time Admission / Counselling.
A.Print Out of
- Entrance examination Score Card
B.Following Original documents with two attested copies
- 12th Mark list
- 12th Passing certificate
- 10th Mark list
- 10th Passing certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Transfer Certificate/Leaving Certificate
- Gap Certificate ( If applicable)
C.Following documents two attested copies
- Caste Certificate
- Address Proof
- D.Two photographs
- E.Bank Demand Draft of Rs. 1,25,000/- drawn in favor of Symbiosis Institute of Technology, Pune, to be deposited at the time of admission
F.(Optional) To book seat in Hostel: Bank Demand Draft of Rs. 50,000/- drawn in favor of Symbiosis Institute of Technology, Pune, to be deposited at the time of admission.
25) If I have some other exam or admission process at some other college, then are the parents allowed to come and confirm the admission?
No, the candidate has to be personally present.
26) If the admission is confirmed on the date of counseling, can we confirm the hostel admission on the same day? How much hostel fee do I have to pay on that day?
Yes, the hostel accommodation can be confirmed on the same day. You have to deposit Rs.50, 000/- through a bank draft drawn in favour of "Symbiosis Institute of Technology" Pune, payable at Pune. The remaining hostel fee has to be paid latest by 26th June,(for counseling of SET – 4th June, JEE (Main)- 11th June and direct second year-18 June).
27) If the originals are submitted at another institute, where admission is already confirmed, then in that case, with the truly attested copies, can the admission be confirmed at SIT?
Yes, please bring the proof of submission of documents along with the attested photocopies.
28) .In case we register for the waiting list along with a demand draft Rs.1,25,000/- ,how much money, is refunded if we do not get the admission?
Full Amount will be refunded. Refund can be taken either by physically collecting the DD from the institute or you can email your refund request to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the detail address on which the DD would be couriered.
How to Apply
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place