How to Prepare
UOHyd-M.A. in Comm. 2017 Question Paper Format
UOHyd-M.A. in Comm. 2017
The university of Hyderabad is known as UOHyd. Candidates seeking admission to M.A. in Comm. programs of the University of Hyderabad are required to appear for University of Hyderabad Entrance Exam- M.A. in Comm. to be held at various centers in Hyderabad and other parts of India. Admission is based on the rank obtained in the entrance test.
The two-year M.A. in Comm. programme offers the following streams of specialization:
- Radio & Video Production
- Print Journalism & New Media
- Communication & Media studies
UOHyd-M.A. in Comm. 2017 Conducting Body
The university of Hyderabad conducted University of Hyderabad Entrance Exam- M.A. in Comm. The University of Hyderabad, a premier institution of postgraduate teaching and research in the country, was established by an Act of Parliament (Act No. 39 of1974) on 2nd October 1974 as a Central University, wholly funded by the University Grants Commission. The University’s scenic and serene campus is spread over a vast stretch of land measuring about 2,000 acres, 20 km from the city of Hyderabad on the old Hyderabad-Bombay road. Amidst the picturesque environment of the campus, several buildings catering to the academic needs, support facilities and residential requirements of the campus community have been constructed over the years. The University also has a city campus ‘The Golden Threshold’ the residence of the late Sarojini Naidu which was bequeathed to the University by her daughter, the late Padmaja Naidu.
UOHyd-M.A. in Comm. Contact Details
|Address||The University of Hyderabad Prof. C. R. Rao Road, P.O. Central University, Gachibowli, Hyderabad 500 046, Telangana, (India).|
|Phone no||23132102, 23132103|
|Mode||Pen & Paper|
UOHyd-M.A. in Comm. FAQ
1) How to apply, from where do I get the application?
- Application form has to be submitted online.
- Prospectus-cum-application form can be downloaded from the website.
- Before applying online, applicant will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/her photograph and signature.
2) Where is UoH?
The University is situated in Gachibowli area on the old Hyderabad-Bombay road. It is 35 km from the Shamshabad Airport, 26km from Secunderabad Railway Station and 20 km from Hyderabad Railway Station.
3) What are the criteria for selection?
The students will have to appear for an entrance test. Those who are selected after the screening in entrance test will be called for an interview.
4) What are the courses/programmes offered by UoH?
UoH offers Post-graduate and Research courses in Mathematics and Computer/Information Sciences, Physics, Chemistry, Life Sciences, Medical Sciences, Engineering Science and Technology, Arts and Communication, Humanities, Social Sciences, Management.
5) Once I apply what will happen?
All the applications shall be scrutinized by an Admissions Committee of the School/Department/Centre concerned. The recommendation of the Admissions Committee is forwarded to the Vice-Chancellor for approval. Intimation of admission is sent to the selected candidates by the Office of International Affairs, University of Hyderabad.
6) When will I get my Admit Card?
Admit card will be available for view and print in last week of MAY (onwards). You will have to log onto the Uoh website with your registered User ID. You will be eligible for an Admit Card only upon submission of online application form. You will receive an automated email confirmation upon successful submission from website .
7) Is programme fee refundable?
Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. It is also not adjustable against any other programme of this university. However, in case where University denies admission, the programme fee will be refunded after deduction of registration fee through a/c payee cheque only.
8) I’ve lost my admit card . What should I do now?
You won’t be allowed to proceed for the process of document verification without admit card, so download your duplicate admit card from the official web page If you find any difficulty then contact Document Verification (DV) Center & Choice Locking Center (CC) Center In-charge.
9) What are the eligibility criteria for M.A. in Communication?
Bachelor's degree with at least 55% marks in Communication / Journalism; OR Bachelor's degree in any subject with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
10) I have already earned a bachelor's degree, but now I'd like to study journalism. Do I have to get another BA?
Students who have already earned a bachelor's degree in another field can apply for one of our advanced degree programs.
11) I have done my graduation through a private university. Can I still apply to your institute?
The university should be approved by AICTE / UGC. Also it should be registered under AIU.
12) My Degree Certificate is pending, can I submit the internet result copy declared by the University on the website, and would you consider my application?
- We require graduation completion related documents that is either all the year Marksheet OR the Provisional certificate OR the Degree certificate. Any one.
- Your application may be considered if the Graduation related Mark sheets are internet print out, provided you get the internet result copy duly attested from your respective college principal/registrar only with their clear official seal and signatures. However, you would be required to submit the required graduation completion related documents or within the timeline specified by MDU to get confirmed admission. Submission of proper documents as per policies, within the timelines as specified by MDU, for confirmation of admission, is the sole responsibility of the student.
13) Do students with a year’s gap face disadvantages?
No. All you need are the necessary documents. There is no age limit.
14) Whether I will be eligible to apply for the programme, if I have done my graduation through correspondence?
No,you are not allowed.
15) Can I apply without a Bachelor degree ?
No,You are not allowed.
16) For how long is the UOHyd-M.A. in Communication score valid?
The UOHyd-M.A. in Communication score is valid for just one year.
17) How many colleges are under the ambit of the University of Hyderabad ?
The Colleges admitted to the Privileges of the University in the city namely which are as follows:
- Sarojini Naidu School of Arts & Communication
Note:- Sarojini Naidu School offered these programmes M.Sc. Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences, Health Psychology and MBA Health Care and Hospital Management, MBA Business Analytics,MPA, MFA.
18) What are the areas of Specialization in MA in Communication ?
The two-year (four semester) M.A. programme offers the following streams of specialization:
- Radio & Video Production
- Print Journalism & New Media
- Communication & Media Studies.
19) Is the University NAAC accredited?
The University opted for a rigorous evaluation by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) of the University Grants Commission. The apex Council of NAAC awarded the top grade to the University.
The University has gone through the re-accreditation process of the NAAC and the NAAC has awarded a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.89 on 4.0 scale at ‘A’ grade.
20) Do all students get hostel facilities?
Yes,If requested, hostel accommodation may be provided at various Men’s and Ladies Hostels of the University campus, subject to availability, as per UoH norms.
21) When do the Placements start?
Rolling Placements normally start in the second week of December every year. While a few international companies start coming in from November onwards, the final offers are made/decided only in the second week of January (Rolling Placement Start Day).
22) What is the annual fee structure for 'Indian' students for M.A.(Communication)?
The annual fee structure for M.A.(Communication):-Rs. Rs.12690/-.
23) Who should I contact for details regarding admission?
A Candidate selected for admission is required to report to the Personal Assistant, Office Affairs of the University with the following documents, in original, along with one photocopy of each document. Certified English translation of such copies should also be submitted, if they are in a different language.
24) What if the student needs additional academic help?
The students will have tutorials that provide academic reinforcement.
25) What medical facilities are available to students admitted?
All the prospective students are required to buy an appropriate health insurance policy before admission. It is essential that the students' health insurance policy remains valid throughout the period of the students' stay in the University. However, primary health care facility is available, free of cost, at the UoH Health Centre.