- Distance MBA in India Course Highlights
- Types of Distance MBA Colleges in India
- Top Distance MBA Colleges in India for 2023-24: Courses Offered …
- Distance MBA Course Specializations
- Types of Distance MBA Courses in India 2023-24
- Distance MBA Syllabus and Subjects
- Distance MBA in India: Eligibility Criteria
- Distance MBA in India: Benefits
- Distance MBA in India: Career Scope and Top Recruiters
- Distance MBA Job Role and Average Salary Offered
- Limitations of Distance MBA Course
- Difference Between MBA Distance Learning & Regular MBA
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Distance MBA in India is often regarded as a flexible and affordable option, which does not require you to attend classes regularly. In the current scenario, MBA has become a mandatory qualification for career progression in varied fields. MBA course in distance mode is officially recognized by the UGC-DEB/ AICTE if done from an approved institution. Top distance MBA colleges in India have the authority to offer MBA courses in distance mode. Aspirants who are unable to pursue an MBA course due to career/ professional commitments or lack of time can consider a distance MBA course as a better option.
Today, distance MBA in India is slowly gaining momentum. One of the major advantages of a distance MBA is its affordable fee structure in comparison to the Executive MBA. Over the years, considering the growing demand for distance MBA courses, top institutes in India have started to offer UGC/ AICTE-approved distance MBA courses with an aim to help the classes get their MBA certificate without going through the rigour of the classroom and college campus. If you are planning to pursue a Distance MBA in India, then have a look at the important details given below.
Also Read: Distance MBA vs Online MBA vs Regular MBA
Distance MBA in India Course HighlightsCheck the major highlights of the Distance MBA in India course in India.
|Distance MBA in India Course Level||Post graduation|
|Distance MBA in India Duration||2 years|
|Distance MBA in India Eligibility||Graduation in any discipline with 50% aggregate score or equivalent CGPA|
|Distance MBA in India Admission Process||Merit-based / Entrance Exams|
|Distance MBA in India Entrance Exams||CAT, MAT, XAT, NMAT, SNAP, etc|
|Distance MBA in India Course Fees (INR)||INR 1,00,000 - INR 3,00,000|
|Distance MBA in India Average Salary (INR)||INR 3,00,000 - INR 10,00,000|
|Distance MBA in India Job Profiles|
Types of Distance MBA Colleges in India
The Ministry of HRD under the guidance of the Government of India has identified six kinds of institutions to offer the best distance MBA in India mentioned below:
|Types of Distance MBA College||Sub-Type|
|Distance MBA provided by the State Open Universities||-|
|Distance MBA provided by the National Open University(IGNOU)||-|
|Distance Education Institutions (DEIs) at Institutions of National Importance|
|Distance MBA offered by DEIs at the stand-alone Institutions|
Top Distance MBA Colleges in India for 2023-24: Courses Offered & Fee Structure
The table below includes the college list of the best distance learning MBA in India along with the courses offered and the fee structure
Name of College
Approx. Fee Structure
Rs. 1,50,000 - 1,75,000
Rs. 17,840 per semester
Rs.58,000 - 62,000
|2-4 years||Rs. 60,000|
|Welingkar Institute of Management (WeSchool)||2 years||Rs. 1,01,000|
|Master of Business Administration (Financial Markets) or MBA (FM)||2 years|
Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu
|Master of Business Administration||2 years||Rs. 86,500|
Andhra University (CDL)
Master of Human Resource Management
|2 years||Rs. 13,500 per semester|
Distance MBA Course Specializations
The distance MBA course specializations vary from one institute to another but the major specializations include the following:
Human Resource Management
|Information Technology||Hospital and Healthcare Management|
|Hospitality and Hotel Management||Sales|
|Business Analytics||Foreign Trade|
Also Read: Best MBA Specializations in India
Types of Distance MBA Courses in India 2023-24
Various universities and institutes offer the following types of distance courses in the field of management.
It is the most popular and common MBA distance education course. The syllabus and course curriculum of distance MBA are similar to the regular program.
PGD in Business Administration (PGDBA)
It is a one-year diploma course divided into 2 semesters, that deals with the study of management of the business, general operations administration, finance, marketing, etc. The total fees range from INR 10,000 to 25,00,000.
Certifications in Business Management
3 or 6 months
Certification in Business Management courses deals with planning, executing, organizing, directing, and managing the activities of the business to meet the goals of the organization. The course fees range from INR 10K to 8 lakhs.
Distance MBA Syllabus and Subjects
The distance MBA comprises four semesters where the first two semesters focus on the core subjects while the third and fourth semesters focus is mainly on specializations.
Principles and Practice of Management
Required Specialisation 1
Human Resource Management
Required Specialisation 2
Required Specialisation 4
Required Specialisation 3
Required Specialisation 5
|Managerial Practices and Standards|
Management Information system
Distance MBA in India: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria to pursue a distance MBA is mentioned below:
- Any graduate with at least three years of work experience can apply for a distance MBA
- Many institutes have their own entrance exams and some institutes don't conduct any entrance tests. For example, NMIMS Global Acces School for Continuing Education offers admission to the distance MBA course basis the eligibility criteria (bachelor's degree in any course from a recognized institute with at least 50% aggregate and two years of work experience).
Distance MBA in India: Benefits
Pursuing a distance MBA course has certain advantages. Given below are the strengths and features of pursuing a distance MBA course:
- Easy Accessibility: Distance learning MBA courses are regarded as best for entrepreneurs, working professionals, or those who are searching for a job after graduation and wish to fulfill their dream of pursuing an MBA. Distance MBA gives scope for flexibility of time. In a regular MBA course, students are bound to attend the classes regularly. They can utilize evenings and weekends to study and cover the syllabus.
- Scope for Continuous Learning: The course is designed in such a way that it provides scope for self-study for candidates to refer to a variety of resources to obtain subject knowledge for better understanding and perform well in exams and ultimately add to their own professional growth.
- Digital Education: Some top institutes in India utilize the ICT methods for delivering a good MBA course that adds a perfect tool to minimize the gap between a regular MBA and a distance MBA. It further creates a hybrid learning environment through e-learning and personal contact programs.
- Affordability: A distance MBA in India is cost-effective as well. While a regular MBA may cost about Rs. 10 lakh - Rs. 25 lakh in top institutes, a distance MBA might cost about INR 50,000 - INR 1 lakh.
- Industry-Relevant Curriculum: Since Distance MBA courses are created for working professionals, special care is taken to ensure that their curriculum is relevant and focuses on practical learning with case studies.
Distance MBA in India: Career Scope and Top Recruiters
After pursuing a distance MBA course, candidates can choose to work in private, public, or government sectors in various domains listed below:
- Marketing: A course in distance MBA can open opportunities in advertising agencies, sales, and marketing departments, and event management companies.
- Finance: After pursuing a distance MBA in Finance, one can choose to work in insurance companies, trading and broking firms, and credit rating agencies.
- Operations Management: After pursuing a distance MBA course in operations management, one can work in distribution and logistics, and production.
- Human Resource Management: Management aspirants can also work in the HR departments of various national and multinational companies, counselling, career development, recruitment, and training agencies after pursuing a distance MBA.
- Brand & Marketing
- Export Companies
- Personal Business
- Industrial Houses
- Educational Institutes
- Financial Organisations
- Business Consultancies
- Non- Profit Organisations
- Multinational Companies
Top Distance MBA Recruiters in India
Jindal Steel and Power
Also Read: Career Scope after Completing Distance MBA
Distance MBA Job Role and Average Salary Offered
Aspirants can find the job roles offered to students after pursuing a distance MBA along with their salary in the table mentioned below.
Average Salary (Per Annum)
INR 9.35 LPA
INR 3.50 LPA
INR 4.50 LPA
Credit Risk Manager
INR 4.95 to INR 7.00 LPA
INR 4.00 LPA
INR 2.65 to INR 10.71 LPA
Note: The salary figures stated above have been taken from Payscale.
Limitations of Distance MBA Course
There are certain disadvantages as well when it comes to pursuing a distance MBA course. The limitations of a distance MBA are as follows:
- Status: Even though a distance MBA has industry relevance, it cannot be given the same stature as that of a regular MBA course which is regarded highly in our country and even abroad.
- Few Colleges: Only a limited number of institutes offer quality distance MBA courses in India. A poor-quality distance MBA course will have less industry relevance and scope for employment.
Difference Between MBA Distance Learning & Regular MBA
Candidates can find the difference between a distance MBA in India and a regular MBA in the table prescribed below.
Points of Difference
Overview & Introduction
Distance MBA is imparted to students without physical presence through online mediums.
MBA full form stands for Master of Business Administration. A full-time or regular MBA is a 2-year course divided into four semesters.
The physical presence of students is not required.
The physical presence of students is compulsory.
Delivery of Program
Distance MBA is delivered through an online platform and study material is provided in the form of soft copies or via post.
The Full-time MBA program is delivered in Offline mode and the schedule remains fixed.
In distance MBA there is flexibility in terms of test schedule, and submission of online assignments.
There is less flexibility in terms of the exam date and assignment submission. It follows a strict schedule.
A distance MBA fee ranges from INR 20,000 to 3 Lakhs.
The fee for a regular MBA ranges from INR 4 Lakhs to 30 Lakhs.
Students are enrolled in Distance MBA based on their merit and entrance exam scores.
Candidates get admission to MBA programs via entrance tests and merit.
The scoring is based on the final examination.
The scoring is based on the student's class performance, exams, and assignments.
We hope that the above information is useful for you while choosing a perfect distance MBA course and college in India. Candidates can also check out the articles mentioned below to know about MBA admissions.
If you require any information about admission to distance learning courses in India, just call our helpline number 18005729877 and talk to our career counsellor. If you wish to apply for popular MBA colleges in India, fill out our Common Application Form (CAF). If you have any doubts, you can ask our experts in the CollegeDekho QnA Zone.