- GATE ECE 2021 Exam Date
- GATE ECE Cutoff 2020
- GATE ECE 2020 Question Paper & Answer Key
- GATE ECE Exam Analysis 2020
- Weight Analysis for Subjects of GATE ECE 2020
- Questions and Marks Distribution for GATE ECE 2020..
- GATE ECE Subject Wise Total No. of Questions and E..
- GATE ECE Exam Pattern & Weightage 2021
- GATE ECE 2019 Exam Analysis - Question Paper and A..
- GATE ECE 2018 Question Paper and Answer Key
- GATE ECE 2017 Question Paper and Answer Key
- GATE 2021 Answer Key for All Papers
- GATE Related Content
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
GATE 2021 ECE/ EC (Electronics and Communications Engineering) exam will be conducted on February 07. Meanwhile, the candidates can check the 2020 exam analysis of GATE along with a PDF of the question paper and answer key here. This will help the 2021 aspirants to have an idea of the estimated difficulty level of the exam.
|GATE ECE 2021 Expected Cutoff||GATE ECE Subject Wise Weightage & Best Books|
|List of PSUs for ECE through GATE||GATE ECE 2021 Syllabus|
GATE ECE 2021 Exam Date
The important dates pertaining to GATE ECE 2021 can be checked below -
|Exam Date||February 07, 2021|
|Results||March 22, 2021|
GATE ECE Cutoff 2020
The cutoff for GATE ECE 2020 is as follows -
|Name of the Category||Cutoff|
|SC/ ST PH||19.2|
GATE ECE 2020 Question Paper & Answer Key
The question paper & answer key for GATE ECE 2020 can be downloaded in PDF format by clicking on the links below -
GATE ECE Exam Analysis 2020
The level of GATE ECE Exam 2020 paper was moderate to easy as compared to the previous year. While the ECE subjects were of moderate level, the General Aptitude and Mathematics paper was comparatively easy. Some of the major highlights for GATE ECE 2020 Paper analysis are given below:
- The level of difficulty for the paper was moderate to easy.
- The mathematics and General Aptitude paper were easy as compared to previous years.
- There were 11 NAT questions consisting of 1 marks each and 12 NAT questions consisting of 2 marks each. There was a total of 23 NAT questions in multiple-choice format.
- The Analog Circuits, EDC and Control Systems were the major subjects for the papes which consist of the highest weightage in the GATE ECE 2020 paper.
- While the Networks had the highest weightage every year, this year, there were few questions from the Networks as compared to other subjects.
- Communication, as every year, was leading in terms of weightage for GATE ECE 2020 paper analysis.
Weight Analysis for Subjects of GATE ECE 2020
The below table demonstrates the weight analysis for each of the subjects for the GATE ECE 2020 paper in terms of percentage.
|Signal & Systems||6%|
Questions and Marks Distribution for GATE ECE 2020 (Subjects Wise)
The below table demonstrates the number of questions for each subject included in GATE ECE 2020 paper along with the marks distribution for each subject:
Number of Questions
1 marks each
2 marks each
Signal & Systems
GATE ECE Subject Wise Total No. of Questions and Expected Weightage
|Subject||Total Marks/ Weightage|
|Engineering Mathematics and General Aptitude||28 - 30 Marks|
|EDC and Analog||20 Marks|
|Signals Communication||20 Marks|
|Networks, Digital and Control||20 - 25 Marks|
|EMTL||6 - 8 Marks|
GATE ECE Exam Pattern & Weightage 2021
The ECE exam of GATE 2021 is divided into two sections, and the section 1, i.e., General Aptitude is common for all, while Section 2 is subject-specific, i.e., the subject chosen by candidates. The exam pattern, questions and marks weightage of GATE ECE 2020 can be checked below -
Section Wise No. Of Questions
Division of Questions (Section Wise)
Marks Allocated for Each Section
Q No: - 1-5
01 Mark Each (5 Marks)
Q No - 6-10
02 Marks Each (10 Marks)
Electronics and Communications Engineering (Subject)
Q No: - 1-25
01 March Each (25 Marks)
Q NO: - 26- 55
02 Marks Each (60 Marks)
GATE ECE 2019 Exam Analysis - Question Paper and Answer Key
According to the experts, the ECE paper of GATE 2019 had maximum questions from Engineering Mechanics, and there were almost five one mark and five two mark questions. The cutoff for General category was also 25, while the same for reserved categories is 16.6. You can also check and download the 2019 ECE question paper and answer key of GATE 2020 here.
GATE ECE 2018 Question Paper and Answer Key
On this page, you can also download the 2018 question paper and answer key of GATE ECE -
GATE ECE 2017 Question Paper and Answer Key
On this page, you can also download the 2017 question paper and answer key of GATE ECE -
GATE 2021 Answer Key for All Papers
The paper wise answer keys for GATE 2021 can be downloaded by clicking on the links below -