Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Himachal Pradesh University, popularly known as HPU, is responsible for conducting Himachal Pradesh MBBS admissions 2020 NEET-UG qualified candidates can take part in the MBBS admission process. Students are required to be aware of the NEET-UG counselling process of Himachal Pradesh, as it varies from state to state.
If you are looking for a detailed counselling process for MBBS course in Himachal Pradesh, you are at the right place. The article elaborates the Himachal Pradesh MBBS admission process 2020 with a detailed explanation of the application process, selection process and counselling procedure. All these details are elaborated below.
Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admissions 2020
Admission to MBBS course in government or private medical colleges in Himachal Pradesh is purely based on NEET-UG 2020 score/ merit. Candidates can take a look at the important dates, eligibility, application form, merit list in this article.
Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admission 2020 Important Dates
Medical aspirants can take a look at the MBBS admission 2020 important dates below. In the absence of the official dates, they can refer to the tentative dates.
Availability of application form
Last date to register
Corrections in the form
Provisional merit list release
First round of counselling
Reporting at the college
Merit list release for second round of counselling
Offline counselling process
Last date to report for counselling
Vacant seats to be forwarded
Last date of joining MBBS Colleges
Second mop-up round
Last date of joining BDS Colleges
Vacant seats to be forwarded
Last date of joining BDS Courses
Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admission Eligibility Criteria 2020
- Firstly, the candidates must have qualified NEET-UG 2020 with a minimum qualifying percentile or marks.
- The applicants should be bonafide residents of Himachal Pradesh, which means that the candidates should have studied and passed Class 10 and Class 12 in Himachal Pradesh.
- Apart from the Himachal Pradesh board, students who passed Class 10 and Class 12 from schools affiliated to CBSE and ICSE in Himachal Pradesh are eligible for the admission.
- Candidates applying for MBBS course in Himachal Pradesh on the basis of NEET-UG score must note that they should have passed Class 12 with a minimum of 50% marks. Biology, Physics and Chemistry should be the major subjects in Class 12.
The applicant’s minimum age should not be less than 17 years as on December 31, 2019. The age of applicants should not exceed 25 years as on May 06, 2019.
- The domicile rule is applicable only for the seats available under 85% state quota. For the admission to MBBS course under management quota, there is no domicile rule.
- NRI applicants, whose parents are also the residents of Himachal Pradesh, are eligible for the admission to MBBS course in the state.
Also Read:-MBBS Seats in Government College
Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admission Application Process 2020
- The official admissions website of Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) is the gateway for submitting the online application for Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admissions 2020.
- The link to fill the online application form will be made available on the official website as per the stipulated schedule.
- Fill the online application form for the admission to MBBS course carefully without any major or minor errors.
- HPU will reject incomplete application forms and application forms with incorrect details.
- Upload the scanned images of Passport Size Photograph and Signature in prescribed format and size.
- Pay the application fee in online mode.
Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admission Application Fee 2020
The application fee for Himachal Pradesh MBBS admission 2020 is given below:
Name of the Category
Himachal Pradesh MBBS Merit List 2020
Himachal Pradesh University prepares a separate merit list on the basis of the NEET-UG 2020 rank and percentile. The merit list has details comprising the name of the candidate, roll number, NEET-UG 2020 state rank and date for the counselling. The candidates will have to attend the counselling on the prescribed date.
Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admission Counselling Process 2020
- The merit list will have name, rank, roll number, NEET rank and date for the counselling.
- Candidates need to attend the counselling process on the prescribed date at the prescribed venue.
- At the counselling venue, the certificate verification process will take. Therefore, the candidates must physically attend the counselling with all the mandatory documents and certificates.
- After the certificate verification process is over, wait for the seat allocation results that will be announced at the designated counselling venue.
- Report to the college on or before the stipulated date, pay the fee and confirm the admission.
- The vacant seats will be filled in the second round followed by mop-up round.
- If seats are still vacant after the mop-up round, the same will be transferred to respective college managements.
Important Documents Required for Himachal Pradesh MBBS Counselling 2020
Refer to the list of important documents required for Himachal Pradesh MBBS counselling 2020 below:
- Printout of application form
- NEET-UG Rank/ Score Card
- NEET-UG Admit Card
- Class 10 Certificate/ Mark Sheet
- Class 12 Certificate/ Mark Sheet
- Caste Certificate/ Income Certificate (only for reserved categories and EBC)
- Resident/ Domicile Certificate (if applicable)
- Passport Size Photographs (at least four)
Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admission Selection Process 2020
There are 450 seats for MBBS course in government and private medical colleges in Himachal Pradesh. The selection of candidates is purely based on NEET-UG rank/ score, candidate’s preferences (filled in the application form), Class 12 percentage and seat availability. There is no guarantee that all the students who qualified NEET-UG will get admission. The admission is purely based on merit.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for the latest Himachal Pradesh MBBS Admissions 2020 news & updates.