- What is CLAT Logical Reasoning 2023?
- CLAT 2023 Exam Pattern
- CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning Important Topics
- CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning Syllabus
- Tips to Prepare for CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning
- Best Books for CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning
- CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning Previous Year’s Question Paper Analysis
- How to Attempt Logical Reasoning in CLAT 2023?
- Section-Wise CLAT 2023 Preparation Tips
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Logical Reasoning is the one section in CLAT 2023 that a candidate can ace with enough practice and understanding. Out of the five sections of the CLAT exam, Logical Reasoning plays a vital role therefore, here are some important preparation tips for CLAT Logical Reasoning 2023 in this article. According to the CLAT Question Paper format released by the Consortium of NLUs, the subject paper would have a 20% weightage with around 28-32 questions.
The Common Law Admission Test, which is popularly known as CLAT, is a law entrance test conducted for admission into the undergraduate and postgraduate law courses across India. The competitive exam is conducted by the Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs). CLAT 2023 is scheduled to be conducted on December 18, 2022. Eligible candidates can now apply for the 5-year Integrated LL.B and 1-year LL.M courses after clearing CLAT.
Now, let's come to the Logical Reasoning section of CLAT 2023, which can be a bit time-consuming but also something that anyone can have a good hold over with enough practice. This article focuses on a quick outline of CLAT Logical Reasoning, important topics under CLAT Logical Reasoning 2023 and some of the best preparation tips for the section.
What is CLAT Logical Reasoning 2023?
Wondering what Logical Reasoning entails? The section simply focuses on evaluating the rational thinking of the candidate and how he/she can understand and solve any given rational situation. The questions are designed in such a way that candidates can be assessed on how clear ideas are in their heads or if they can eventually reach the desired conclusion.
Although this section is considered tough by many, it is nothing but a myth. CLAT Logical Reasoning 2023 simply demands clarity in concepts which can help with augmenting the overall CLAT 2023 score.
CLAT 2023 Exam Pattern
From the Logical Reasoning section, around 28-32 questions are asked in the CLAT examination. The Logical Reasoning questions in CLAT 2023 will be preceded by short reading passages which are around 300 words. A quick overview of the CLAT 2023 exam pattern is given below:
Type of Questions
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
Number of Questions
Duration of CLAT 2022
2 Hours (120 minutes)
+1/No Negative Marking
Mode of Exam
Approximate Weightage of Logical Reasoning Section
CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning Important Topics
Before starting with the CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning preparation, it is essential to have an idea of the important topics from this section.
Ranking and Order
Questions on Inference
CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning Syllabus
The CLAT Logical Reasoning 2023 will comprise a number of short passages of around 300 words each. Each of them will be followed by one or more questions that will ask the candidates to:
- Read and identify the arguments given in the passage.
- Recognize an argument and its subsequent premises and conclusions.
- Analyze patterns of reasoning critically and assess how conclusions may vary according to the particular premises or evidence.
- Infer what follows from the passage and apply the same to fresh situations.
- Draw analogies and relationships, identify contradictions and equivalence and assess the effectiveness of arguments.
Tips to Prepare for CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning
Coming up with a preparation strategy for the sections of CLAT is extremely important for every law aspirant. How you perform in a particular section of the exam depends solely upon the approach you used for preparing for that section. Here are some important preparation tips that candidates can incorporate into their CLAT 2023 preparation strategy.
Have a defined plan of action:
No plan of action yet? Create one. Because that is the first thing a candidate needs to do. A few points to remember while making an action plan for CLAT 2023:
- It should be well-organised.
- Devote specific time to each section.
- This section needs daily attention. Practice LR every day.
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses.
Use ONE good book
Be it any entrance exam, the major thing to remember is to refer to only one good book instead of creating confusion with multiple books. It is certainly a myth that studying a number of books helps. Find one good book that will prepare you the best for CLAT Logical Reasoning along with understanding the topics and solving the practice papers.
Understand the Basics
Logical Reasoning asks for a clear understanding of the basics. Topics like calendar, direction, seating arrangement, blood relations/family, syllogism, number test, etc. are the basic topics that are included in the CLAT Logical Reasoning Section 2023.
Learn to Manage Time
Learn easy techniques to solve Logical Reasoning questions. This would help in managing time as LR questions can be a little tricky.
Practice Mock Tests and Previous Year Question Papers
Find online mock tests. They are pretty convenient and give you an understanding of the real exam environment, which sections need more time and which sections you need to attempt first. Previous Year Question Papers give you an idea of the difficulty level of the section. A candidate must thoroughly assess the type of questions asked in the previous years’ CLAT papers.
Note: Don't just go on attempting mock tests and previous years’ question papers without being prepared. This way, you will only waste your time.
Only practice can help you increase your speed and save time during the exam. It is recommended that candidates put extra effort and more time into this section as candidates often complain that logical reasoning is something very new and unfamiliar.
Best Books for CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning
Given below is the list of the best books for CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning section.
Name of the Book
Name of the Publisher/Author
Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning
Analytical and Logical Reasoning
Universal’s Logical Reasoning for CLAT, LSAT and other Law Entrance Exams
RK Gupta and Samiksha Gupta
501 Challenging Logical Reasoning Practice Book
A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning
Analytical Reasoning (English)
CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning Previous Year’s Question Paper Analysis
In CLAT 2022, from Logical Reasoning section 25-27 questions were asked with 20% weightage. The difficulty level of this section was moderate and mostly contextual-type questions were asked.
A detailed list of the topics asked in CLAT 2022 from Logical Reasoning are:
- Passage 1: Nuclear Energy (Difficulty level: Moderate)
- Passage 2: Madras High Court’s Duty to Laugh order (Difficulty level: Easy)
- Passage 3: POCSO Act (Difficulty level: Moderate)
- Passage 4: Global Biodiversity Framework (Difficulty level: Moderate)
- Passage 5: Covid-19 and Online Teaching (Difficulty level: Easy)
- Passage 6: College and Adulthood (Difficulty level: Moderate)
How to Attempt Logical Reasoning in CLAT 2023?
We have given some quick tips on how to attempt the logical reasoning section in CLAT 2023.
- Candidates must first recognize the conclusions and assumptions in one passage. The arguments will be based on these conclusions and assumptions and when you identify them, you can move on to the next one.
- Understand the theme or tone of the passages to answer the questions quickly.
- Once you have decoded the passage theme, it will be easy for you to answer the correct answer.
- All the passages have a particular view or sometimes there can be more than one view which is likely to contradict each other.
- Identify the view/views and segregate them to understand the central point of view.
- With daily practising mock tests and sample papers, you will develop a skill to read the questions precisely and figure out the minute details and answer the question.
- As you will get 2 hours' time to answer the questions from the Logical Reasoning section, read the question and understand what is it trying to say. The question makers are likely to test your adapting skills so act accordingly.
Section-Wise CLAT 2023 Preparation Tips
Click on the below-mentioned links to check out the preparation tips for the rest of the sections of CLAT 2023:
At the end of the day, confidence is the key. Candidates must have confidence in their abilities along with being aware of their limitations. Be mindful, relatively relaxed, and positive and you are good to go.
Good Luck from the CollegeDekho Team.
|What to Expect From CLAT 2023|
|CLAT 2023 Dos and Don'ts|
We hope this article was helpful. Good luck for your exam!
For more Law related content stay tuned to CollegeDekho and in case of any query feel free to head to our QnAZone.