- CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques Exam Pattern
- CLAT 2023 Quantitative Techniques Syllabus
- CLAT 2023 Quantitative Techniques Detailed Syllabus
- CLAT 2023 Marking Scheme
- Tips and Tricks on CLAT 2023 Quantitative Techniques
- Skills Needed to Solve CLAT 2023 Quantitative Techniques
- CLAT 2023 Quantitative Techniques Best Books
- CLAT 2023 Quantitative Techniques Online Resources
- CLAT 2023 Subject Areas with Weightage
- Previous Year’s CLAT Quantitative Techniques Question Paper Analysis
- Section-Wise CLAT 2023 Preparation Tips
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Is the Quantitative Technique section of CLAT 2023 a matter of concern for you? Don't worry, you are not alone. A lot of CLAT aspirants are more concerned about the Quant section rather than the rest even though this section carries only around 10% weightage with 13-17 questions in CLAT UG. CLAT 2023 Quantitative Techniques section consists of elementary maths, Class 10 topics like ratio and proportion, mensuration, basic algebra and statistical estimation. So, the students who didn’t study mathematics in Class 12 need to relearn the tricks to answer the questions. This section is easy if the CLAT aspirants make a strategy to cover the whole syllabus and practice enough mock test papers. The Quant section is one of the easiest and candidates need to consistently put effort if they are not really good in this section.
CollegeDekho has assembled a few tips to prepare for the Quantitative Techniques section of CLAT 2023. Check it out along with the CLAT 2023 exam pattern and CLAT syllabus for the Quantitative Techniques section.
CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques Exam Pattern
Earlier Elementary Mathematics was the name of the section with questions based on Algebra, Number System, Geometry and Mensuration, Percentages, Simplifications, Profit & Loss, SI/CI, Ratio, Mixtures, Averages, Time Speed Distance, Time and Work, Venn Diagrams and Modern Maths. However, in 2020, the section was renamed as Quantitative Techniques wherein candidates can expect questions based only on graphs, tables, charts or a combination of graphs. The reason behind the change was to see if the candidate can reasonably deduce answers by looking at graphs, tables or charts.
The section is expected to be easier than the previous year but it could be a little more time-consuming as compared to previous CLAT question papers.
NOTE: Do not leave the Quantitative Section of CLAT 2022 unattempted.
Also Read: CLAT 2022 Important Dates
CLAT 2023 Quantitative Techniques Syllabus
The CLAT 2023 Quantitative Techniques section will contain short sets of facts or propositions, textual or diagrammatic or pictorial, graphical representations of numerical information. A series of questions will be asked based on the following topics. Here are a few important topics for Quantitative Techniques of CLAT UG 2023.
Volume & Surface Area
Ration & Proportion
Time & Distance
HCF & LCM
Surds & Indices
The applicants have to thoroughly read the given passage, graph or representation, derive information from them and apply mathematical techniques to answer the questions.
CLAT 2023 Quantitative Techniques Detailed Syllabus
CLAT UG 2023 Quantitative Techniques Section will comprise short sets of facts or propositions, graphs, pictorial or diagrammatic, or other textual, representations of numerical information from the graphs, representations or passages. The section requires the application of mathematical operations on such information.
These questions will demand the following:
- Deriving, inferring and manipulating numerical information given in the passages, graphs or other representations, and
- Applying various 10th standard mathematical operations on the information, from areas like ratios and proportions, mensuration, basic algebra and statistical estimation.
Coming on to the tips to prepare for the Quantitative Techniques section of CLAT 2023, CollegeDekho has curated a few that have been mentioned below:
- Candidates must understand that the Quantitive Techniques section is the decisive section for the top rankers of CLAT. It should be noted that candidates who seek admission to the best National Law Universities (NLUs) in India must not ignore this section because it would only have 15-17 questions divided into 3-4 sets of questions.
- According to the sample paper released by the Consortium of NLUs, there were 3 questions on Time, Speed and Distance. This must be taken as an implication that candidates must prepare questions based on the same.
- The quantitative Techniques section would be application-oriented, acing which demands more and more practice.
- Prepare a schedule! Although this section has the least weightage, an appropriate amount of time and practice must be devoted.
- Practice is the key, which is obvious, especially for this section. Candidates must take mock tests and practise the sample questions provided by the conducting body of CLAT 2023.
- Find the best books to practice the topics involved in CLAT 2023 Quantitive Techniques section.
- Solve the past year's papers of CAT or GMAT. Having said that, it must also be remembered that the difficulty level of GMAT or CAT is way higher than that of CLAT. Hence, scoring average in the Quant section in those papers will mean scoring well in CLAT 2023. Look only for the quant questions.
- Watch preparation videos available on YouTube that is available for free and solve questions at the same time.
CLAT 2023 Marking Scheme
The exam pattern for CLAT 2023 was changed from 2020 onwards. Candidates must now start preparing for it keeping in mind the latest exam pattern and marking scheme along with the CLAT 2023 Syllabus.
+ 1 Marks
Unanswered/ Unattempted Question
Tips and Tricks on CLAT 2023 Quantitative Techniques
Quantitative Techniques section is scoring if the candidates have conceptual clarity as hardly 15 questions are asked from this section. Some tips and tricks to answer the CLAT 2023 Quantitative Techniques section are discussed below.
- Clear Basics
To answer the Quantitative Techniques section accurately candidates must be thorough with their basics. To clarify the concepts of some topics, aspirants can go through their Class 8 textbooks.
The key to succeeding in the Quantitative Techniques section is regular practice. Spend at least one hour every day on this section and make it a part of your regular routine.
- Solve CLAT Questions Papers
Solving the maximum number of previous years’ question papers will help the candidates to understand the question paper structure. But, once the CLAT aspirants have solved enough mock and sample questions, they can try answering the CLAT previous years’ question papers. Since the exam pattern has changed from 2020, candidates are advised to thoroughly solve CLAT 2020, CLAT 2021 and CLAT 2022 question papers.
- Be Accurate
CLAT has negative marking for every wrong answer, so while answering the CLAT 2023 Quantitative Techniques section, candidates should be very accurate. One silly mistake is going to cost a lot.
- Use Shortcut
When it comes to the Quant section, learning shortcuts to solve the answers becomes very important. Learn shortcuts to quickly answer the questions and get enough time to focus on other questions.
Skills Needed to Solve CLAT 2023 Quantitative Techniques
Take a look at the skills needed by the candidates to solve the CLAT 2023 Quantitative Techniques section. Given here are the common skills needed by the candidates:
- CLAT aspirants must have the ability to derive data from graphs, tables, and passages and operate them effectively as per the questions asked in the set.
- To solve the Quant section, candidates must be well versed with different types of charts and graphs like pie charts, line graphs, bar graphs etc.
- Candidates must have basic mathematical knowledge such as percentage, ratio and proportion, basic algebra, and basic geometry concept.
CLAT 2023 Quantitative Techniques Best Books
To ace your preparation for CLAT 2023 Quantitative Aptitude section, you have to read the best books for this section. Check below the names of the books that will help you in your CLAT 2023 Quant section preparation.
Name of the Book
Name of the Author/Publication
Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
30 days wonder for Maths
Quаntitаtive Арtitude fоr Соmрetitive Exаminаtiоns
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations
R S Aggarwal
Guide to CLAT & LLB Entrance Examination
Magical Book on Quicker Maths
CLAT 2023 Quantitative Techniques Online Resources
Apart from CLAT 2023 Quantitative Techniques books, there are lots of websites that provide study materials, notes and e-books to prepare for CLAT. There are quite a lot of organisations that provide online paid as well as free classes and conduct mock tests to prepare students for CLAT. The mock tests are conducted category-wise, so candidates can apply for the mock tests and analyse their Quant preparation. Solving mock papers will help students to familiarize with the type of questions asked in the examination. After analysing their scores, candidates will understand their strengths and weaknesses from the Quantitative Techniques section.
CLAT 2023 Subject Areas with Weightage
CLAT 2023 question paper will consist of questions from 5 sections. The Consortium of NLUs has divided the CLAT 2023 paper into different sections and provided respective approximate weightage for each section.
Number of Questions
Current Affairs including General Knowledge
Previous Year’s CLAT Quantitative Techniques Question Paper Analysis
CLAT 2022 paper was overall easy to moderate where some questions were lengthy and some were difficult to attempt. 15 questions of 10% weightage were asked from the Quantitative Techniques section. Questions were mostly asked from percentages and with a basic knowledge of percentages, candidates were able to answer the questions. The topics asked in CLAT 2022 Quantitative Techniques section are:
- Percentages: 10 questions
- Profit and Loss: 5 questions
Section-Wise CLAT 2023 Preparation Tips
Click on the below-mentioned links to check out the section-wise preparation tips for CLAT 2023:
Hope this article helps you with the CLAT 2023 Quantitative Techniques Section preparation. If not, the CollegeDekho team is always available to answer your queries. Also, check out preparation tips for CLAT 2023 for all the sections.
All the best!
|What to Expect From CLAT 2022|
|CLAT 2022 Dos and Don'ts|