- CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning Highlights
- Important Topics for CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning
- CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning Syllabus
- Important Tips to Prepare for CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning
- Best Books for CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning
- CLAT 2023 Main Subjects and Weightage
- CLAT 2023 Exam Pattern
- Section-Wise CLAT 2023 Preparation Tips
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Logical Reasoning is one of the important sections that you need to focus on while preparing for CLAT 2023. This section holds 20% weightage with around 28-32 questions in the examination and aims to check your aptitude along with comprehension and reasoning skills.
The CLAT Logical Reasoning is one section of the exam that requires more practical knowledge than theoretical. To ace this part of CLAT 2023, candidates will have to practice questions regularly.
CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning Highlights
The Logical Reasoning section of CLAT 2023 will carry 28-32 marks i.e. 1 mark for each question. The questions will be preceded by short reading passages of around 300 words. Before answering an objective-type question, you need to read the passage carefully. Let’s take a look at the CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning Highlights:
CLAT Logical Reasoning Highlights
Types of Questions
Passage Based MCQ
Number of reading passages
4-6 comprehensions of around 300 words
-0.25 for incorrect answer
Important Topics for CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning
CLAT Logical Reasoning examines your understanding of critical analysis, inference from, and identification of arguments. This section ranges from anywhere between easy to difficult. Few students find the passages to be excessively lengthy. Understanding the logic behind each type of question is crucial to solving this part of the paper easily and quickly.
Here are a few of the most important topics that you need to cover to score well in CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning.
Assertions and Reasoning
Statements and Assumptions
Seating Arrangement/Puzzle Test
Clock and Calendrers
Arguments and Conclusions
CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning Syllabus
Here are some of the major pointers for the CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning Syllabus -
- CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning includes 300-500 word passages.
- Following each passage will be a series of questions.
- You will find multiple-choice objective questions.
- You should complete each passage in 10-20 minutes or risk losing time for the next portions.
- Your ability to discern parallels, logical arguments, and make appropriate conclusions will be tested in Logical Reasoning.
Important Tips to Prepare for CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning
Check out the following crucial preparation ideas for CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning:
- Try to invest at least one hour of your daily time to prepare for the Logical Reasoning portion. Make a list of the topics you want to cover and set a deadline for yourself to complete the Logical Reasoning course by that date.
- When preparing for the CLAT Logical Reasoning part, do not memorize anything; instead, strive to comprehend the concepts and logic. Once you've grasped the fundamental principles, spend as much time as you can practising the questions relevant to a certain topic.
- Logical Reasoning is one section where you will be able to solve the questions fast if you understand the underlying logic. To maintain your morale and confidence, begin by preparing for themes in which you are most comfortable and gradually move on to the more difficult topics.
- In order to solve Logical Reasoning questions faster, you must first learn specific shortcuts. Making a mind map, diagram, and other visual aids are examples of shortcuts. It is very vital to learn and use shortcuts for topics like Syllogisms and Blood Relations.
- It is crucial to attempt the previous year’s CLAT question papers in order to understand the difficulty level and type of questions asked in the test. Therefore, once you've finished your CLAT Logical Reasoning syllabus, solve as many CLAT question papers as you can.
- Candidates are recommended to pay extra attention to solving CLAT previous year's papers because they are related to the exam format.
- It is critical to maintain track of your time when taking the CLAT papers. Time management becomes even more critical when tackling Logical Reasoning questions, as the section's questions can be complex and time-consuming at times.
- After attempting a CLAT question paper, it is critical to analyze the errors you make in the Logical Reasoning section and then focus on your flaws and strengthen your strengths.
- Continue to revise the concepts and topics you have already studied so that you don't lose your grasp on them.
Best Books for CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning
Some of the important books that candidates can refer to while preparing for CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning are:
- Analytical Reasoning (English) by MK Pandey
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
- Arihant’s A New Approach to Verbal and Analytical Reasoning.
CLAT 2023 Main Subjects and Weightage
The following five sections are the main subjects of CLAT 2023. Check out the individual weightage of all sections.
Sectional Weightage (in percentage)
Current Affairs including General Knowledge
CLAT 2023 Exam Pattern
CLAT 2023 Question Paper for UG Admissions will consist of 150 passage-based multiple-choice questions worth a total of 150 marks. You will have two hours to finish the paper.
The following is a breakdown of the number of questions that will be asked in each section of the exam, as well as their weighting:
Number of Questions
28 - 32
35 - 39
Сurrent Аffаirs, inсluding Generаl Knоwledge
35 - 39
28 - 32
13 - 17
Section-Wise CLAT 2023 Preparation Tips
Check out the links below and know about the section-wise CLAT 2023 preparation tips -
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Are there any changes in CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning Syllabus?
Ans: No, there are no changes in the CLAT 2023 logical reasoning section as of now.
2. What questions are asked in CLAT's Logical Reasoning section?
Ans: You'll be asked comprehension-based questions with MCQs. To answer the questions, you are recommended to read the passage carefully.
3. How can I score well in CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning section?
Ans: To score well in any section, you need to practice especially in areas where practical knowledge is more important than theoritical knowledge. Solve logical reasoning questions and puzzles as much as you can.
|What to Expect From CLAT 2023?||Top 10 Preparation Tips for Qualifying CLAT 2023|
|CLAT Study Plan: Time-Table, Tips & Preparation Strategy||How to Crack CLAT 2023 in First Attempt?|
We hope this article helped you with the important topics that you have to prepare for CLAT 2023 Logical Reasoning section. For more such content stay tuned to CollegeDekho. In case of any query, feel free to head to our QnAZone.