Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
How to Crack MAH MBA CET 2023 in First Attempt: Cracking MAH MBA CET, one of the most popular MBA entrance exams in India among aspirants, can allow you to get a seat at your desired university in the state of Maharashtra. However, acing this entrance exam is not as easy as many might think, in fact, due to the high level of competition, candidates have to score in the top percentile to secure admission to their dream college or B-schools. However, with the help of consistent practice to a well-organized and structured preparation plan, it is possible for all aspirants to crack this MBA entrance exam with relative ease.
The MAH MBA CET 2023 is an entrance exam that is accepted by MBA institutions across the state and even the more popular ones like JBIMS, SIMSREE, Welingkar, PUMBA, Xavier’s, and many more. Let us discuss the steps and methods by which you will be able to understand how to crack MAH MBA CET 2023 in first attempt.
Also Read: What Is a Good Score in MAH MBA CET 2023?
Steps to Crack MAH MBA CET 2023 in First Attempt
While you can adopt any different preparation strategy that satisfies your needs and requirements, every preparation strategy should involve certain key elements to ensure a successful preparation plan. Some of the elements include:
- Understanding the MAH MBA CET 2023 Exam Pattern
- Knowing the MAH MBA CET 2023 Syllabus
- Drafting a Unique MAH MBA CET 2023 Preparation Strategy
- Devising section-wise Preparation Strategy for MAH MBA CET 2023
- Consulting experts to help you devise the best strategy and the best tips to crack the exam in the first go.
Let us look into these steps and methods to crack MAH MBA CET 2023 in the first attempt in a little more detail.
Understanding the MAH MBA CET 2023 Exam Pattern
The first step to preparing for the test and even drafting a proper preparation strategy is understanding the MAH MBA CET 2023 exam pattern. This would include understanding the types of questions asked, the scoring mechanism of the test, the duration of the test (Overall and Section-wise), regulations surrounding the attempt and even the syllabus for the test. Outlined in the table below is the exam pattern for MAH MBA CET 2023:
MAH MBA CET 2023
Duration of Exam
Language Medium for CET
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
Type of Questions Asked
Multiple Choice Questions
Number of Questions
1 Mark for every correct answer
No Negative marking for incorrect responses
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension - 50
Quantitative Aptitude - 50
Logical Reasoning - 75
Abstract Reasoning - 25
While these are some of the major components of the MBA entrance exam pattern, there are other features and regulations that test-takers should be aware of. With a better understanding of the exam pattern, candidates will be able to create a better preparation strategy to crack the MAH MBA CET 2023 on the first attempt.
Also Read: MAH MBA CET Score vs Percentile 2023
MAH MBA CET 2023 Syllabus
The next step in the process is to note down the MAH MBA CET 2023 syllabus and understand the topics that need to be covered for the test. A quick overview of the topics should give you a brief understanding of your knowledge pertaining to the same. Listed below is the section-wise syllabus for MAH MBA CET 2023 that you need to cover.
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
When practising this section, be sure to practice questions and enhance your knowledge on the following topics.
Synonyms - Antonyms
Idioms and Phrases
Error corrections in sentences
Completion of paragraphs
Reading Comprehension of unseen passages
Assessing your mathematical aptitude, the section will include a number of questions pertaining to the following quantitative topics and subjects.
Permutation and Combinations
Interest (Simple and Compound)
LCM and HCF
Linear Equations; Quadratic Equations
Graphs – Line X-Y Graphs
Mixtures and Allegation
Profit and Loss
Check out the detailed subject and topics candidates will have to prepare if they are planning to crack the MAH MBA CET 2023 in the first attempt.
Logical & Abstract Reasoning
To ace this section of the MAH MBA CET 2023, candidates must expand their knowledge on the following topics for the Logical and Abstract Reasoning section.
Set Theory, Venn Diagrams, Network Diagrams
Figures Based questions
Blood Relations (Family Tree)
Direction sense and Decision-Making
Fact Inference Judgment
To get a better understanding of all the topics, it is recommended to find out all the topics for the Logical and Abstract Reasoning section. Once all the topics have been understood, it is essential to understand your grasp of the different topics and subjects. Subsequently, candidates will then be able to create a preparation strategy that suits their requirements and preparation needs.
Also Read:MAH MBA CET 2023: Check Previous Years' Difficulty Level & Expected Important Topics
What a Good Preparation Strategy for MAH MBA CET 2023 Should Have
After a thorough understanding of the exam pattern and the syllabus, the next step in the cog is to create the best MAH MBA CET 2023 preparation strategy as per the needs and requirements of the individual candidate. A thorough understanding of the exam will facilitate a clearer path towards drafting the most effective and efficient preparation strategy, subsequently, allowing candidates to crack the MAH MBA CET 2023 in the first attempt.
Here are some factors that every MAH MBA CET 2023 preparation strategy should include:
- Tes-takers should count the number of days left for the MAH MBA CET 2023 exam date. Using this data, candidates can then divide and dedicate specific hours to different topics.
- For instance, if you have 2 months left to prepare for the entrance exam, then you can use the 60-day Preparation Plan and Study Time Table for MAH MBA CET 2023.
- A good preparation strategy for MAH MBA CET 2023 will dedicate specific hours for different topics of different sections. Depending on individual preferences, candidates can choose to either cover all the topics of one section in one go or prepare specific topics for each section.
- For instance, candidates can divide their day/week in a manner where they only focus on the topics of the VARC section alone; or
- They can divide their entire day/week into sections where they can study some topics of VARC, QA, Logical and Abstract Reasoning.
- Every good preparation strategy should set aside ample time for rests and non-preparational activities. This will allow your mind to be at rest and avoid straining, thus, impacting your overall preparation productivity.
- While studying different topics is extremely important, it is also important to set aside time for sample and mock tests. Attempting these mock tests can be crucial to your preparation as they not only help gauge your understanding of the topics but also allow you to enhance your speed and accuracy in answering the questions correctly.
- Getting expert guidance is one of the best ways to ensure that your time is being used effectively. Experts can provide you with tips and tricks that allow you to create the perfect strategy to crack MAH MBA CET 2023 in the first attempt.
When drafting your MAH MBA CET 2023 preparation strategy, it is important to first have all the data points, which include your understanding of the different topics, the exam pattern and your ability to answer the questions in the test swiftly and correctly. Therefore, be sure to keep a note of these points when you start preparing for the test
Also Read: MAH MBA CET 2023 Important Topics - Subject-Wise Weightage
Section-wise Preparation Strategy for MAH MBA CET 2023
One of the best strategies to ensure that you can crack the MAH MBA CET 2023 in the first attempt is to draft a section-wise preparation strategy for the test. Drafting s section-wise preparation strategy for MAH MBA CET 2023 will allow you to have expansive knowledge on different topics for each section, thus, further allowing you to increase your speed and accuracy in answering the test questions. Listed here are some section-wise preparation strategies for MAH MBA CET 2023, that you can adopt.
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
Since the section focuses on evaluating the verbal and non-verbal aspects of communication, test-takers should focus on enhancing their vocabulary and grammatical aptitude of the English language. Here are some points to remember when preparing for the Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension section of MAH MBA CET 2023.
- Best way to prepare for the section is by reading as many books as possible. This includes reading newspapers and magazines to not only remain up to date with the latest trends and news but also to improve your vocabulary and grammar.
- Experts recommend referring to the Wren & Martin High School English Grammar and Composition to practice antonyms and synonyms, vocabulary, reading compression and jumbled paragraphs.
- Learn a minimum of 5 new words and try to use them in your daily routine or work to understand them properly while expanding your vocabulary.
- Practice these words and everything you have learnt by attempting sample and mock tests or even the previous years’ question papers.
The Quantitative Aptitude section of the MAH MBA CET 2023, as the name suggests, will assess the quantitative abilities of the candidates. However, the questions may mostly consist of basic mathematical questions, therefore, if your basics are clear, the section should be easy. However, here are some preparation tips for the Quantitative Aptitude section of the test.
- The memorisation part of this subject will start and end with the formulas, theorems and tips and tricks you can use to simplify solving mathematical problems. Keep a note of all the formulas, theorems and tips and tricks in a separate notebook, that you can refer to for future references.
- Practice as many mathematical problems by attempting the questions included in the prep books that you will be referring to as well as attempting the previous years’ question papers and sample & mock tests.
- It is recommended to learn and memorise tables up to 25, the square root of at least 10 natural numbers and cubes up to 30.
Logical and Abstract Reasoning
With a good understanding of the basics, the Logical Reasoning section of the test can be easy to crack. Here are some preparation tips for the Logical and Abstract Reasoning section of the test.
- The best way to practice and prepare for the section is by attempting as many sample and mock tests as well as previous years’ question papers.
- Candidates must also go through the MAH MBA CET 2023 syllabus for the Logical and Abstract Reasoning before preparing for the section. A thorough understanding of the topics on which the questions will be based is extremely important.
However, in all these preparation tips, it is recommended to connect or consult with an expert in the entrance exam, or a faculty, who can help you understand which topics are more important and score among all the topics. Moreover, expert guidance will help reduce the effort you will need to put in order to crack the MAH MBA CET 2023 in the first attempt.
Also Read: MAH MBA CET 2023 Predicted Question Papers: Important Questions, Chapters and Analysis
Tips to Crack MAH MBA CET 2023 in First Attempt
If you are planning to take the test and crack MAH MBA CET in the first attempt, then we suggest keeping the following tips in mind when preparing for and attempting the test this year. With the right approach and dedication, candidates can achieve their dream of cracking the test in the first go.
- Hard Work and Consistent Practice: The only way to improve your chances of cracking MAH MBA CET 2023 in the first attempt is by working hard and practising attempting the questions as many times as possible. While it may seem easier to find a shortcut to preparing for the test, however, the best way to enhance your chances assuredly is by dedicatedly working hard towards acing the test.
- Be Confident: Confidence is an automatic step towards success, which is why candidates attempting the test must be confident in themselves and their knowledge of the different topics. However, this confidence should be backed by facts such as your performance in the sample and mock tests that you have attempted before the actual test.
- Thorough Reading: One of the tips that experts point out specifically for the MAH MBA CET 2023, is the fact that “Looks can be Deceiving”. In other words, some questions must be read thoroughly at least twice or thrice to avoid confusion or crucial information.
Following these tips along with any tips that you get from experts may catapult you towards success and help you achieve your dream of cracking the MAH MBA CET in the first attempt. However, the most important tip is to be dedicated to practising and preparing for the test wholeheartedly. Check out these articles mentioned below to enhance your MAH MBA CET preparation.
Tips to Crack the Verbal Ability Section of MAH MBA CET 2023
And thus, a proper preparation strategy, dedicated preparation, and unrestricted access to valuable resources will be key to cracking the MAH MBA CET 2023 in the first attempt. Be sure to keep and use these tips and tricks while preparing for the test to help boost your chances of success in the test this year.
Raise your doubts through the QnA zone or through the Common Application Form (CAF). For recent updates and detailed information on MAH MBA CET 2023, stay tuned with CollegeDekho!
MAH MBA CET 2023: Check Previous Years' Difficulty Level & Expected Important Topics
Top 10 UGC Approved MBA Colleges in Karnataka in 2023
Steps to Challenge CMAT Answer Key: Check Dates, Fee, Process
Tips to Attempt MAH MBA CET 2023 in Online Mode
CMAT 2023 Section-wise Revision Plan
Tips to Crack MAH MBA CET 2023 in 30 Days