- Kerala MBBS Admission 2020
- Kerala MBBS Admission Dates 2020
- Kerala MBBS Admission Eligibility Criteria 2020
- Kerala MBBS Application Process 2020
- Kerala MBBS Admission Application Fees 2020
- Kerala MBBS Admission Selection Process 2020
- Kerala MBBS Admission Documents Required
- Kerala MBBS Counselling 2020
- Related Articles
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
MBBS admissions in Kerala usually begin in the month of May or June every year. However, this year, due to a global pandemic, the admissions were postponed. The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE) has re-opened the application form of Kerala MBBS/BDS 2020 till November 4 up to 05:00 PM for medical aspirants to submit their NEET 2020 scores. CEE Candidates who secure good ranks in the entrance exams for MBBS/ BDS courses have a greater chance to secure seats in the courses through the counselling process conducted by KEAM in order to join the respective college.
CEE Kerala has the responsibility of conducting MBBS and BDS admissions in Kerala. In this article, you can find details about Kerala MBBS Admissions 2020, top MBBS colleges in Kerala, MBBS Admission and selection process in Kerala, MBBS admission important dates for Kerala, etc.
|NEET 2020 Cutoff for Kerala- AIQ and State Quota Seats|
Kerala MBBS Admission 2020
Since only NEET toppers and a few hundred students can secure seats in central medical colleges, Kerala MBBS admission 2020 is a good opportunity for the other NEET qualifiers from Kerala to secure seats in state-based medical colleges. There is an advantage for native students in Kerala MBBS admission 2020 as the majority of the seats are reserved for the students of the state.
Admission and counselling to medical colleges in Kerala are conducted by the Commissioner of Entrance Examinations (CEE), Kerala. KEAM 2020 applications are offered by the CEE for medical courses available in the state colleges. Candidates seeking admission in these colleges will have to fill the KEAM 2020 application within the deadline set by the CEE in order to be considered for Kerala MBBS and BDS admission. Check the detailed schedule of Kerala MBBS and BDS admission and important dates below.
Kerala MBBS Admission Dates 2020
The important dates related to Kerala MBBS admission are as follows:
NEET 2020 Result
|16th October 2020|
Submission of NEET 2020 result and applications for admission to medical and allied courses to be accepted from
4th November 2020
Kerala MBBS/ BDS merit list 2020 to be published on
6th Nov 2020
Choice filling on the basis of NEET to begin from
10th Nov - 15th Nov 2020
|Choice Filling Reopened||18th - 19th Nov 2020|
First Counselling Round Seat Allotment Result
20th Nov 2020
Fees remittance and college reporting basis first round on
27th Nov 2020
Result of round 2
|10th Dec 2020|
|Mop-up Round Registrations||12th - 16th Dec 2020|
|Mop-up Round Result||20th Dec 2020|
|Date to Report at the Allotted Institute||21st Dec - 24th Dec 2020|
Kerala MBBS Admission Eligibility Criteria 2020
Qualifying NEET is Mandatory: For students who want to participate in Kerala MBBS admission process through KEAM 2020 will have to obtain at least 50th percentile and the required NEET cut-off 2020 in order to be eligible for Kerala MBBS and BDS admissions.
Native Students: Candidates seeking admission in MBBS and BDS courses offered by medical colleges in Kerala must be natives of the state i.e. they must have studied in Kerala. However, candidates seeking admission under the 15% all-India quota will not be bound by this rule.
Non-Keralite – 1 (NK-1): Candidates who are not Kerala domicile holders but fall under the following categories will be considered NK-1 candidates and can apply for state merit seats. But these candidates will not be offered communal/PwD/special privileges:
- Candidates who are wards of non-Keralite Government employees in defence services and have passed the qualifying course/ class 12 from Kerala.
- Candidates whose parents are non-Keralites and have been serving or have served the Government of Kerala for a minimum of two years. In this case, the students must have completed class 12 from Kerala.
- Non-Keralite students who have been living in the state for at least 5 years and have pursued education from a state school or institute for a minimum of 5 years during 12 years of study.
- Non-domicile holders of Kerala who have studied in Kerala-based schools from class 8 to class 12.
Education Qualification Required: All candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (40% for SC and SC candidates and 45% for SEBC) in class 12 exams with physics, chemistry, and biology. Also, they must have secured at least 50% in biology alone.
Age Criteria: As an additional eligibility norm, candidates must be at least 17 years of age as on December 31, 2019. The upper age limit will be followed as per the rules set for NEET 2020.
Kerala MBBS Application Process 2020
- In order to appear for CEE Kerala MBBS counselling, candidates will be required to fill KEAM application form for MBBS and BDS courses. The required application fee must also be paid in order to complete the application.
- For this, candidates will have to register online and fill up all their personal and academic details. Once they have registered, they will be provided with an application number either through the registered email ID or phone number.
- The KEAM application window opens twice every academic session; once in February and next in May. The application window is usually shorter in May. Candidates must fill the KEAM application form within this stipulated time period and pay the fees through net banking, e-challan, debit or credit card.
- Once the candidates have filled the Kerala MBBS application, they will have to take a printout, affix a passport size picture, get it attested by the head of your school/institution where you were previously enrolled and send it to CEE Kerala before the last date on their official address.
Kerala MBBS Admission Application Fees 2020
Given below is the application fee for Kerala MBBS admissions 2020:
General/ OBC candidates
Exempted from application fees
Kerala MBBS Admission Selection Process 2020
Selection for admission to MBBS and BDS courses offered by Kerala medical colleges is done on the basis of NEET score. Seats for students of the different category are reserved as per the reservation norms set by the Government of India. Students applying as natives of the state of NK-1 category will be offered seats under the 85% state quota, whereas, other candidates will be eligible only for the remaining 15% seats in the state’s medical colleges.
Kerala MBBS Admission Documents Required
The list of documents required for Kerala MBBS admission 2020 is as follows:
- NEET UG Admit Card 2020
- Kerala CEE Seat Allotment Letter
- Class 10th Mark Sheet and Pass Certificate
- Class 12th Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- Fee Receipt paid at the time of registration
- Date of Birth Proof Certificate
- Graduation Degree Certificate
- Transfer Certificate allotted by the school
- Domicile Certificate
- Migration Certificate allotted by the school
- Category Certificate
Kerala MBBS Counselling 2020
Candidates who apply for Kerala MBBS and BDS admissions through KEAM 2020 under the 85% state quota seats offered by Kerala government medical and dental colleges as well as 100% seats in private or self-financing colleges can appear for the Kerala centralised medical counselling. Following is the procedure to apply for the counselling:
Choice Filling: Once the state merit list has been announced, candidates can fill up their preferred courses and medical colleges in decreasing order of preference. Basis this list, the merit lists and availability of seats, the seat allotment will be done by Kerala CEE. Once the list is submitted, candidates will not be able to make changes to their preferences for the first round of seat allocation.
Admission Fees: In order to complete the choice filling procedure, candidates will have to pay the admission fees. This fee is accepted as part of the first semester fees of students once they confirm admission in college.
Trial Results: Once the candidates have filled their choices and submitted their preferences, Kerala CEE will conduct a trial seat allocation round. This will enable candidates to get an idea of the colleges and seats that they can get in the real seat allocation round.
Seat Allotment Round 1: On the basis of the course and college preferences filled by students, seats in medical colleges will be allocated keeping the state merit list in mind. Candidates will have to confirm their admission basis for the first round of seat allocation in the respective state medical colleges if they are satisfied with the colleges they get. Only after verifying the required documents and paying the appropriate fees will the candidates be able to secure admission.
Changing College Preferences: Before the commencement of the second round of counselling, Kerala CEE will open the window for changing the college and course preferences. This will enable registered candidates to edit their list of preferred colleges i.e. adds or delete a college or course.
Seat Allotment Round 2: The second round of seat allotment is organised only if seats remain vacant after the first round of counselling. Candidates will be allocated seats on the basis of NEET merit and the counselling may continue if the seats remain vacant after the second round.
You may click on the links given below to know more:
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for more updates regarding Kerala MBBS admission 2020.