Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
The admission process of the National Institutes of Fashion Technology (NIFTs) is a 3 tier process done through a design entrance test which is conducted by NIFT itself. NIFT leads in the category of premier design institutes of India and is among the top choices of candidates who wish to pursue a career in design. It conducts its individual design entrance exam for selecting candidates for its several UG and PG programmes. This exam includes:
- Creative Ability Test (CAT)
- General Ability Test (GAT
- Situation Test
The NIFT Entrance Exam is held every year for admission to the design courses offered at all the campuses of NIFT. These courses include Bachelor of Design (B.Des), Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech), Master of Design (M.Des), Master of Fashion Technology (M.F.Tech), and Master of Fashion Management (M.F.M.).
The NIFT Situation Test is conducted only for admission to the B.Des course. It is essential to perform well in the Situation Test of the NIFT Entrance Exam because it is a major deciding factor for a candidate's admission. In this article, we have provided the exam day guidelines to be followed on the NIFT Situation Test exam day.
NIFT 2021 Situation Test Exam Day Guidelines
Follow the instructions given below on the exam day of the NIFT Situation Test.
- The candidates must download their admit card at least 2-3 days prior to the exam date so as to avoid any last-minute hassle.
- They should familiarise themselves with the location of their NIFT test centre. If the centre is unknown to them, it is advised to check out the location a day before the exam so that candidates get an idea of the time required to reach the venue.
- The applicants must appear for the Situation Test only as per the time and venue mentioned on their NIFT 2021 admit card.
- Candidates should reach their allotted NIFT situation test centre at least one hour before the exam.
- There is no set exam pattern or syllabus for the NIFT situation test. Therefore, aspirants should keep themselves calm and be mentally prepared for any type of question in the exam.
- All candidates who appear for the NIFT Situation Test will be evaluated on their models and write-ups on the spot by the jury present in the examination hall. Therefore, candidates are advised to work on their model in an organised manner with complete confidence.
- The test-takers must pay attention to all the instructions given by the invigilators during the exam.
- All the material for NIFT Situation Test will be provided at the centre and candidates will not have to carry any material with them.
- Candidates are allowed to draft the write-up explaining the concept behind the design/ model they create in the English language only. In case, any candidate writes the description of the model in any language other than English, he/ she will not be given marks for it.
- In the model created or write-up drafted during the NIFT Situation Test, candidates are not allowed to write any detail that discloses their personal identity. If they do so, they will be disqualified and their results will not be disclosed.
NIFT 2021 Situation Test: Dos and Don'ts
The table given below provides a few dos and don'ts that candidates must keep in mind while appearing for their NIFT Situation Test.
|Reach the exam centre on time.||Do not resort to any unfair means during the exam.|
|Carry all the necessary documents and items with you like admit card, ID proof, etc.||Do not carry any electronic gadgets like mobile phones, tablets, etc. to the exam centre.|
Maintain social distancing and take all precautions against COVID-19.
|Do not be late in reaching the venue and go through all the instructions given on the admit card.|
|Follow all the instructions given by the invigilator and be attentive.||Do not take off your mask throughout the exam.|
|Stay calm and answer all questions with your best creative flair.||Do not carry any personal craft material that is not allowed in the exam hall.|
With these tips and instructions, you will be able to appear for the NIFT Situation Test without any hassle.