- CAT 2023 Notification: Latest Updates
- CAT 2023 Notification: Official PDF Download Link
- CAT Notification 2023: Highlights
- CAT 2023 Notification: Important Dates
- Which IIM is Going to Conduct CAT 2023?
- CAT 2023 Notification: Exam Slot Timings
- CAT Notification 2023: Eligibility Criteria
- How to Apply for CAT 2023?
- CAT 2023 Notification: Application Fees
- CAT Notification 2023: Reservation Policy
- CAT 2023 Notification: Exam Centers
- CAT Notification 2023: Exam Day Instructions
- CAT Notification 2023: Participating Institutes
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
CAT 2023 notification was released on July 30, on the official website. The CAT exam date 2023 is November 26, 2023, and IIM Lucknow will conduct the exam. The CAT 2023 registration process commenced on August 2, 2023, and ended on September 21, 2023 (extended).
The CAT notification consists of all the necessary details about the exam that aspirants must be aware of if they wish to seek MBA admission through CAT. Some of the most important aspects of the CAT exam covered in the CAT 2023 notification include important dates related to the registration and admission process, the eligibility criteria for the CAT, the reservation policy, etc.
Click Here to Take
The CAT exam is conducted by the top six IIMs on a rotational basis every year. CAT 2022 was administered by IIM Bangalore after a gap of six years. Candidates will be able to register for the CAT 2023 exam on the official website till the registration deadline. CAT aspirants must make sure to check the notification if they wish to appear for the exam. Candidates will find all the necessary information related to the CAT 2023 notification right here!
|CAT 2023 Exam Date Released||CAT Notification 2023 Released|
CAT 2023 Notification: Latest Updates
CAT 2023 Notification: Official PDF Download Link
The CAT 2023 notification has been made available in PDF format. Candidates who will be appearing for the CAT exam must download the CAT notification 2023 for future reference. The direct link to CAT 2023 notification PDF and the CAT advertisement PDF download have been updated below:
CAT Notification 2023: Highlights
Before diving into the detailed information about the CAT 2023 notification and the exam, let’s take a look at the major highlights of CAT notification mentioned in the table below:
CAT 2023 Exam Details
CAT Notification 2023 Date of Release
July 30, 2023 (Out)
Time of Release
Around 10:30 AM
CAT 2023 Notification Website Link
Mode of Release
Online and Offline (Newspapers)
|CAT 2023: Important Topics for Quantitative Aptitude|
CAT 2023 Notification: Important Dates
The CAT notification 2023 will inform candidates about the entire CAT timeline. Once the CAT 2023 notification is released, candidates will know the exact dates of all the important pre-exam events related to CAT 2023 like the registration process, admit card release, exam dates, etc. Estimated dates of post-exam events like result declaration, answer key release, etc. will also be mentioned in the CAT information bulletin.
CAT 2023 Events
CAT 2023 Notification Date
July 30, 2023 (Out)
CAT 2023 Application Form Release
August 2, 2023 (Released)
CAT 2023 Registration Deadline
September 21, 2023 (Closed)
CAT 2023 Application Form Correction Window
Last week of September 2023
CAT 2023 Admit Card Release
October 25, 2023
CAT 2023 Exam Date
November 26, 2023
Also Read:CAT 2023 Exam Day Instructions
Which IIM is Going to Conduct CAT 2023?
The CAT 2023 will be conducted by IIM Lucknow; it has been confirmed. The CAT 2023 conducting body has been revelaed prior to the CAT notification 2023 release, which will inform candidates about the CAT 2023 exam date in addition to other important details. Candidates may check out the table below to find out the CAT conducting bodies of the last few years.
CAT Exam Date
November 26, 2023
November 27, 2022
November 28, 2021
November 29, 2020
November 24, 2019
November 25, 2018
November 26, 2017
December 4, 2016
CAT 2023 Notification: Exam Slot Timings
It is important to be aware of the entire CAT 2023 schedule in addition to being aware of the CAT 2023 exam dates for all aspirants. The exam slot timings will be mentioned in the CAT notification 2023. The exam is typically held on a single day in three different time slots to accommodate all the applicants. If there are any changes in the slot timings, it will be intimated in the CAT 2023 notification. The CAT 2023 exam slot timings are mentioned in the table below:
Shift 1 (Forenoon)
8:30 AM to 10:30 AM
7:00 AM to 8:15 AM
Shift 2 (Afternoon)
12:30 PM to 2:30 PM
11 AM to 12:15 PM
Shift 3 (Evening)
4:30 PM to 6:30 PM
3:00 PM to 4:15 PM
CAT Notification 2023: Eligibility Criteria
The CAT 2023 eligibility criteria are another important area that is covered in the CAT 2023 notification. There have not been any major changes in the CAT eligibility criteria in the past few years and the eligibility requirements for CAT 2023 are also expected to remain the same. Any major changes in the eligibility criteria will be mentioned in the CAT notification 2023. The CAT 2023 eligibility criteria according to the previous year's CAT 2023 notification are mentioned below:
In order to be eligible for the CAT exam, candidates have to hold a Bachelor's degree with at least 50% aggregate marks (for General Category, EWS, and NC-OBC caste). For SC/ST and Differently Abled (PwD) candidates, the minimum percentage required is 45%.
For the degree to be considered towards the CAT eligibility criteria, the University that has awarded the degree has to be recognized by the MHRD.
Candidates who have completed their professional degrees (CA/CS/ICWA) with over 50% aggregate score (45% for SC/ST/PwD) are also eligible for CAT as per the CAT notification.
Candidates appearing for the final year of their bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification or awaiting their Bachelor’s degree result are also eligible to appear for CAT.
How to Apply for CAT 2023?
The CAT application form 2023 has been released on August 2, 2023. Now, aspirants can fill out the CAT application form by visiting the official website. In order to register for the CAT exam candidates are required to have a valid email address and a phone number, according to the CAT notification 2023. The CAT application form can only be filled out in online mode. Candidates must make sure they meet the eligibility criteria mentioned in the CAT 2023 notification before applying for the exam. Candidates must follow the steps mentioned below in order to register for CAT 2023:
- Candidates must visit the official website for CAT - iimcat.ac.in. On the official website, candidates must click on the link for “New Candidate Registration”.
- Candidates will then have to create a User ID on the official website by entering their Email ID, Phone Number, and other basic details.
- Candidates will have to verify their contact details through OTP verification, through a One Time Password they will receive on their Email ID and Phone Number. Once the verification process is completed, the User ID and Password will be created.
- Using the User ID and Password generated, candidates will have to login to the official CAT website and fill out the CAT application form with the necessary information:
- Personal Details
- Academic Qualifications
- Work Experience (if applicable)
- Management Program Preferences
- Test City Preferences
- Subsequently, candidates will have to upload certain documents after providing the necessary information required during the CAT application process. The specifications for each document will also be mentioned in the CAT notification 2023.
Documents Required to Complete CAT Application ProcessThe documents that need to be uploaded during the CAT registration process are as follows:
Photograph of Candidate
30 mm X 45 mm
.jpg or .jpeg
<= 80 Kb
Signature of Candidate
80 mm X 35 mm
.jpg or .jpeg
<= 80 Kb
NC-OBC/SC/ST (Reservation) Certificate
Self-attested Scanned Copy
Self-attested Scanned Copy
- Finally, candidates have to pay the CAT application fee to successfully complete the registration process. Candidates will also have to option to preview their CAT application form before submitting the application fee to check for errors as per the CAT notification. A confirmation email will be sent to the applicants shortly after the application fee has been successfully paid.
CAT 2023 Notification: Application Fees
The CAT notification will also mention the CAT 2023 Application Fee which is an important aspect of the registration process. The application form of a candidate will only be valid if they have successfully paid the application fee as mentioned in the CAT 2023 notification. The application fee must be paid within the specified timeline or the application form of an aspirant will be rejected. The CAT 2023 application fees for different categories of applicants are as follows:
CAT 2023 Application Fee
General/ EWS/ NC-OBC
Also Read:CAT 2023 Application Form Correction
CAT Notification 2023: Reservation Policy
The CAT reservation policy is another vital component of the CAT 2023 notification. Candidates belonging to the reservation categories like Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, etc. are eligible for certain concessions during the CAT admission process according to the CAT notification 2023. However, candidates belonging to these categories must produce valid proof to verify their eligibility for reservation. Applicants must indicate on the CAT application whether they belong to a reserved category. The CAT 2023 reservation policy as per the CAT 2023 notification is mentioned below:
Scheduled Caste (SC)
Scheduled Tribe (ST)
Other Backward Classes (NC-OBC)
Economically Weaker Section (EWS)
Up to 10%
Person with Disabilities (PwD)
CAT 2023 Notification: Exam Centers
The CAT exam centers are where the CAT 2023 examination will be conducted on the CAT 2023 exam date. The CAT 2023 notification will also cover this aspect of the examination. Since the CAT exam is by far the most popular MBA entrance exam in India, it is natural that over lakhs of candidates apply for the exam every year. Due to the high number of candidates every year, the CAT exam is conducted in multiple shifts to accommodate every aspirant, as mentioned in the CAT notification. Every CAT test center conducts three sessions of the CAT exam on the exam day.
Every test city consists of multiple CAT test centers. There number of CAT test cities was 150 last year and that number is expected to increase in 2023. The CAT 2023 notification will inform candidates about the test cities. Candidates will receive their assigned CAT test center once their CAT admit card is issued.
Also Read:CAT 2023 Exam Centres
CAT Notification 2023: Exam Day Instructions
The CAT exam day is easily one of the most nerve-wracking days that aspirants will experience. During such a time, having a smooth examination experience is mandatory to ensure that candidates can focus on the actual CAT exam date 2023. However, in order to have a smooth and hassle free examination experience, aspirants must make sure they follow all the necessary instructions and guidelines mentioned in the CAT 2023 notification by the exam conducting authorities. Some of the most vital CAT exam days instructions are mentioned below:
- Candidates must make sure that they reach the examination center with ample time to complete all the formalities before the exam on the CAT 2023 exam date.
- Candidates must not forget to carry their CAT admit card and the required government-issued Photo ID proof. To err on the side of caution, candidates should carry two copies of the required documents.
- Candidates must not sign their CAT admit card prematurely. The admit card should only be signed in the presence of the CAT exam invigilator.
- The photo that candidates will attach to the CAT admit card must be the same as the one uploaded during the CAT registration process.
- Candidates should also make sure that they do not have any rubbish or scrap paper in their pockets as only the CAT admit card and the Photo ID proof are allowed inside the exam hall on the CAT exam date 2023.
- The writing pad provided for rough work during the CAT exam has to be returned after the examination is over. Candidates should also make sure to write their name and registration number on the rough pad.
- Any kind of electronic gadgets are prohibited inside the CAT examination room. Thus, candidates must refrain from carrying such items to the examination centre.
- Any kind of clothes with pockets, metal jewellery, and heavy footwear are also prohibited inside the CAT examination hall.
- Bags and other kinds of luggage are not allowed inside the examination hall. Candidates must make sure they carry all the required documents in a transparent folder.
- Candidates with medical conditions who have metal inside their body like metal implants or pacemakers will be required to submit medical certificates for the same at the CAT exam hall on the CAT 2023 exam date.
CAT Notification 2023: Participating Institutes
The CAT exam is conducted for MBA/PGDM admission to the Indian Institutes of Management which are a chain of premier management institutes across the country. Apart from the IIMs, there are over 1000 B-schools in India that accept CAT scores for management admissions. Candidates must also learn more about the selection process for IIMs through CAT which will be mentioned in the CAT 2023 notification. Here is a list of the top colleges accepting CAT 2023:
Name of the Institute
CAT 2023 Expected Cutoff (Percentile)
Hopefully, you found the article about the CAT notification 2023 useful! You must also check out the links given below to know more about the CAT exam 2023!
If you need any assistance pertaining to CAT 2023 notification, you can ask your query through CollegeDekho’s Q&A section. For admissions-related inquiries, fill in our Common Application Form (CAF) or call 1800-572-9877 to talk to one of our counsellors.