- Latest Updates
- West Bengal MBBS Admission 2020
- West Bengal MBBS Admission Important Dates 2020
- West Bengal MBBS Admission Eligibility Criteria 20..
- West Bengal MBBS Admission Application Forms 2020
- West Bengal MBBS Admission Application Fees 2020
- West Bengal MBBS Admission Selection Process 2020
- West Bengal MBBS Merit List 2020
- West Bengal MBBS Counselling 2020
- West Bengal MBBS Documents Required 2020
- West Bengal MBBS Participating Colleges 2020
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
West Bengal MBBS admissions are conducted on the basis of NEET resultand students with top ranks, including NEET toppers, will be able to apply for West Bengal MBBS admission 2020 as well as BDS courses through the 15% all-India quota. NEET 2020 result was released on 16th October 2020. West Bengal NEET 2020 Round 1 Seat Allotment Result has been released.
|17th Dec 2020: The result for the second round of counselling have released. Candidates can report to the allotted colleges until 19th Dec 2020.|
|West Bengal NEET 2020 Round 1 Seat Allotment Result|
|West Bengal MBBS Official Bulletin||NEET Mark Vs Rank|
Candidates appearing for the NEET-UG 2020 counselling must be aware of the detailed counselling procedure and admission process. All such details are elaborated below.
West Bengal MBBS Admission 2020
Clearing the NEET cut-off is essential in order to apply for the West Bengal MBBS and BDS admissions 2020. The Department of Health & Family Welfare, Kolkata will release state merit listsbasis which the West Bengal MBBS counselling 2020 will be conducted. Following are all the details pertaining to admission in West Bengal medical colleges through 85% state quota as well as the 15% all-India quota.
West Bengal MBBS Admission Important Dates 2020
The important dates for West Bengal MBBS Admission 2020 are as follows:
Online Registration for Eligible Candidate Start Date
From 12 Noon of 9th November 2020 till 11:59 PM of 12th November 2020 (as per server time)
|Round I of Counselling|
Onetime online Registration and Round l choice filling and saving of the filled choices online, in order of preferences by the successfully paid candidates.
10th to 12th November 2020
Online choice filling and locking
12th November 2020
Publication of Merit List
13th November 2020 after 6 PM
Round 1 Seat Allotment Result
16th November 2020 after 6 PM
17th November 2020
Physical Reporting of the Allotted Candidates to the Respective Allotted Colleges
|17th to 18th November 2020|
|Round II of Counselling|
|Registration Starts||7th Dec - 8th Dec 2020|
|Re-enrollment||8th Dec 2020|
|Registration Fee||9th Dec - 12th Dec 2020|
|Seat Matrix Publication||10th Dec 2020|
|Choice Filling and Locking||11th Dec - 13th Dec 2020|
|Result Declaration||16th Dec 2020|
|Physical Reporting of the Allotted Candidates to the Respective Allotted Colleges||17th - 19th Dec 2020|
West Bengal MBBS Admission Eligibility Criteria 2020
Education Qualification: Candidates will be eligible for West Bengal MBBS and BDS admissions only if they qualify NEETand comply with the following:
- Candidates must have studied Biology, English, Physics and Chemistry up to class 12 board exams in order to apply for West Bengal MBBS and BDS admissions 2020.
- General category or unreserved category candidates must have attained at least 50% aggregate marks in class 12 board exams.
- Students belonging to the PH category are required to score at least 45% in the same subjects, whereas, SC/ST/OBC A or OBC B must have a minimum aggregate of 40%.
Nativity/ Domicile Holders: Candidates applying for West Bengal MBBS admissions under the 85% state quota must be domicile holders of the state by qualifying either of the following:
- Either candidate must have resided in West Bengal for a minimum of 10 years, OR
- Candidate must have lived and studied from West Bengal for at least 10 years and must have passed class 12 from the state-based schools, OR
- Either of the parents of the candidate must be a permanent resident of the state of West Bengal.
Nationality: All citizens of India who qualify the educational requirements are eligible to apply for the West Bengal MBBS admissions 2020.
Age: As per the criteria set by the DHFW Kolkata, candidates must be 17 years old on or before December 31, 2020, and must not be over 25 years old on or after May 2020, in order to apply for West Bengal MBBS admissions 2020.
West Bengal MBBS Admission Application Forms 2020
Candidates seeking admission in West Bengal medical colleges will have to apply for the MBBS and BDS admission procedure. Details are given below:
- Registration: Candidates will be able to register for the West Bengal MBBS and BDS admission process by filling in NEET 2020 Roll No., Application No., Date of Birth, and Security Pin. Along with this, candidates will have to provide their contact details (mobile numbers and email IDs) in order to receive the login credentials to their counselling profiles.
- Declaration: All candidates are required to submit a digital declaration by ticking the box given at the end of the registration page. It asks the candidates to declare that they qualify all the required eligibility criteria and will be providing authentic information.
- Domicile: Candidates will have to clarify whether or not they are the domicile holders of West Bengal by clicking on either yes or no and submitting the form. Those who are non-domicile holders will only be eligible to take admission under the management quota seats and such candidates will only be required to submit the necessary documents once they have secured a seat at any private medical or dental institute.
- Filling Student Category: Candidates will also be required to specify the category under which they are applying for admission, i.e. General, SC, ST, OBC and PH. PH students will have to mention the percentage of their disability and must submit a certificate issued by IPGMER Kolkata.
- Print Online Slip: Domicile holders and non-domicile holders will be issued different online slips that will specify the time, date and venue of the document verification round. Candidates will have to take a printout of this slip for reference and authentication process.
- Payment: Once all the details are filled, candidates will be redirected to the payment page and candidates will be able to pay the West Bengal MBBS application fees through internet banking, credit or debit card. Once the payment is done, a transaction ID will be displayed on the screen.
West Bengal MBBS Admission Application Fees 2020
The table below has the West Bengal MBBS application fee 2020:
General and OBC students
SC and ST students
West Bengal MBBS Admission Selection Process 2020
West Bengal MBBS selection process will be based on the NEET score obtained by students in this year’s exam, their category, and their nativity. Counselling will be conducted for both domicile and non-domicile holders and they will be given a chance to fill their respective preferences. However, non-domicile holders will only be able to fill up seats under management quota available in private medical colleges of West Bengal. Complete counselling details are given below.
West Bengal MBBS Merit List 2020
Only those candidates who have successfully completed the document verification round will feature in the West Bengal MBBS and BDS merit list 2020. The candidates who are mentioned in the merit list will also be given their state ranks on the basis of NEET 2020 along with their name, NEET rank, NEET score and category basis which they have applied. Candidates who feature in the West Bengal MBBS merit list will be eligible for the state medical seat allotment round.
West Bengal MBBS Counselling 2020
Candidates who qualify the document verification procedure are required to register for West Bengal MBBS counselling in order to participate in seat allocation round:
- Registration: Candidates have to register for West Bengal MBBS and BDS counselling by entering their Roll No., Application No., Transaction ID, Candidate’s Name, Date of Birth, Mother’s Name and Security Pin and clicking on the submit button.
- Declaration: Once the above details are filled, candidates are required to agree to the terms and conditions by clicking on the ‘I Agree’ box in order to confirm participation.
- Security Details: Candidates will also be required to set up a security question and a password according to the password criteria set by the West Bengal medical counselling conducting body. Once the password is set, candidates will have to confirm registration.
- Choice Filling: Candidates can use the above credentials to log in and start filling their course and medical college preferences in order of decreasing priority. The preference list will appear on the left-hand side of the screen for candidates to verify their choices. Once the verification is done, candidates can click ‘save and continue’
- Choice Locking: Before submitting the choice list, candidates will have to click on ‘I agree to lock my choices’ button. Once this step is completed, candidates will not be able to make changes to their preference list. If candidates exceed the last date of choice submission then the filled choices will be locked automatically.
West Bengal MBBS Documents Required 2020
Documents required for verification:
- Age proof
- Domicile Certificate
- Class XII mark sheet and pass certificate
- Valid ID proof (Voter ID card/Passport/Aadhar card/ School or College ID card)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Certificate
- Physically Handicapped Certificate (if applicable)
- Counselling fees payment slip
Documents required for counselling:
- NEET UG admit card
- NEET UG scorecard
- Class 12 mark sheet and pass certificate
- Class 10 pass certificate
- Provisional seat allotment letter provided during West Bengal MBBS and BDS counselling 2020
- Valid ID proof (Voter ID card/Passport/Aadhar card/ School or College ID card)
- Medical Certificate issued by a Registered Allopathic Doctor in practice
- Pre-counselling phase verification slip
- Final Verification Slip generated once the documents of the candidate have been verified
- SC/ST/OBC A/OBC B certificate, if applicable, issued by the competent West Bengal state authority
- Orthopaedic Physical Disability Certificate, if applicable, must be issued by IPGMER-Kolkata medical board. No other PH certificate will suffice during document verification.
West Bengal MBBS Participating Colleges 2020
Here is the list of the top 10 West Bengal MBBS Participating Colleges 2020 that students can look forward to for MBBS admissions:
- Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (IPGMER)
- Nil Ratan Sircar Medical College and Hospital (NRS)
- Bankura Sammilani Medical College (BSMC)
- North Bengal Medical College (NBMC)
- Calcutta National Medical College (CNMC)
- Medical College Kolkata (MCK)
- KPC Medical College and Hospital (KPCMCH)
- West Bengal University of Health Science (WBUHS)
- ESI Post Graduate Institute of Medical Science and Research (PGIMSR)
- Medinipur Medical College and Hospital
For more details regarding West Bengal medical admissions visit CollegeDekho.