- TN MBBS Admission 2020 Quick Updates
- Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission 2020
- Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission Important Dates 2020
- Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission Eligibility Criteria 202..
- Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission Application Process 2020
- Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission Application Fees 2020
- Tamil Nadu MBBS Reservation Policy 2020
- Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission Selection Process 2020
- Tamil Nadu MBBS Documents Required 2020
- Tamil Nadu MBBS Merit List 2020
- Tamil Nadu MBBS Counselling 2020
- Tamil Nadu NEET MBBS Participating Colleges 2020
- Related Article
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Candidates looking forward to the admission and counselling process to secure NEET 2020 MBBS seats in government colleges must also keep an eye out for the admission procedure of their native state. The Directorate of Medical Education (DME) Tamil Nadu has released the merit list for admission to MBBS and BDS courses. The TN Provisional Rank List for MBBS/BDS admission has also been released.
If you are a domicile holder or a native student of Tamil Nadu and seek admission in top state medical colleges, then you can check all the details regarding Tamil Nadu MBBS admission 2020 here. Check Tamil Nadu MBBS counselling 2020, selection procedure on the basis of NEET result 2020 (Out),and other Tamil Nadu MBBS admission 2020 details below.
TN MBBS Admission 2020 Quick Updates
|TN MBBS Provisional Rank List (Tamil Nadu Govt School Candidates 7.5% Reservation||TN MBBS Provisional Rank List (Management Quota including NRI)|
Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission 2020
Medical colleges in Tamil Nadu offer some of the best medical courses in India that can help candidates pursue excellent careers in the medical field. Admission will be done on the basis of Tamil Nadu state merit lists and NEET 2020 cut-offs. Tamil Nadu MBBS admissions 2020 has started from 2nd November 2020 and application details are given below along with the important dates and eligibility criteria.
Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission Important Dates 2020
Registration for Tamil Nadu Medical counselling 2020 for government and management, NRI quota seats has been started. The important dates for MBBS Tamil Nadu admission 2020 are as follows:
|Counselling Round 1|
|Registration and Payment||28th Oct - 2nd Nov 2020|
|Choice Filling and Locking||28th Oct - 2nd Nov 2020|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||3rd Nov - 5th Nov 2020|
|Provisional Result||6th Nov 2020|
|Allotment Result||7th Nov 2020|
|Reporting at the Allotted Colleges||7th Nov - 16th Nov 2020|
|Counselling Round 2|
|Registration and Payment||20th Nov - 23rd Nov 2020|
|Choice Filling and Locking||20th Nov - 24th Nov 2020|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||25th Nov 2020|
|Provisional Result||26th Nov 2020|
|Allotment Result||28th Nov - 30th Nov 2020|
|Reporting at the Allotted Colleges||28th Nov - 8th Dec 2020|
|Counselling Round 3|
|Registration and Payment||10th Dec - 14th Dec 2020|
|Choice Filling and Locking||10th Dec - 14th Dec 2020|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||15th Dec - 16th Dec 2020|
|Allotment Result||17th Dec 2020|
|Reporting at the Allotted Colleges||18th Dec - 26th Dec 2020|
Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission Eligibility Criteria 2020
Education Qualification: All candidates seeking admission in Tamil Nadu MBBS and BDS courses must have cleared NEET 2020along with the following education qualifications:
- Candidates must have passed class 12/ HSC/ intermediate/ other equivalent exams either from Tamil Nadu state board or other recognized boards of education in a single attempt.
- Candidates must have pursued Biology, Physics and Chemistry in Class 12 board or other equivalent exams and they must have secured at least 50% aggregate marks.
- SC and ST candidates are required to score an aggregate of 40% in the same, whereas, SC-PH, OBC-PH, ST-PH and GEN-PH are required to score 45% aggregate marks.
Nativity/ Domicile Holders: In order to apply for Tamil Nadu MBBS and BDS admissions 2020, candidates must possess the domicile of Tamil Nadu or must have pursued their school education i.e. class 6 to class 12 from schools based in Tamil Nadu. In the case of the latter, candidates do not need to submit domicile to claim admission under the 85% state quota.
Nationality: Candidates applying for Tamil Nadu MBBS admissions 2020 must be citizens of India. OCIs are also eligible to apply for Tamil Nadu MBBS and BDS admissions.
Age: The state of Tamil Nadu expects all applicants to be 17 years old by December 31, 2020, in order to be eligible for admissions in state medical colleges.
Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission Application Process 2020
Tamil Nadu MBBS application forms will be made available in June 2020, and candidates can apply for colleges in online mode. Tamil Nadu MBBS and BDS application forms can also be accessed by students in offline mode. Candidates who are filling the application forms offline will have to fill it and submit it at the following address:
No. 162, Periyar E.V.R.
High Road, Kilpauk,
Filling the application forms will not confirm participation in Tamil Nadu MBBS counselling 2020. Candidates will have to complete the document verification round successfully in order to ensure candidature.
Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission Application Fees 2020
General or Unreserved students
Reserved Category Students
Tamil Nadu MBBS Reservation Policy 2020
Scheduled Caste Students
Schedule Tribe Students
Arunthatiyar Community Students
16% of Scheduled Caste
Backward Class Students
Most Backward Class Students
Physically Handicapped Students
4% horizontal reservation across all categories
Tamil Nadu MBBS Admission Selection Process 2020
Candidates will have to qualify three stages in order to clear the Tamil Nadu selection process for admission to MBBS and BDS colleges in the state of Tamil Nadu. The first stage is clearing the NEET 2020 exam and the cut-off set by CBSE. The next stage is applying for admissions and getting the documents verified. The third and final stage Tamil Nadu MBBS selection process is the counselling and seat allotment on the basis of state merit list. Candidates who clear all these three stages and confirm admission at the allocated colleges by paying the admission fees will be able to begin their MBBS or BDS course.
Tamil Nadu MBBS Documents Required 2020
- NEET scorecard
- Application form and OMR sheet
- Original mark sheets of Class 10 and 12 along with 2 photocopies of both sides of the mark sheets
- HSC admit card/ hall ticket
- Certificate to prove that candidate passed Class 6 to 12 from Tamil Nadu
- Transfer certificate issued by the school from which candidate registered for HSC or equivalent exam
- Permanent community certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate with supporting documents (if applicable)
- Special category form(s)/ certificates (if applicable)
- First graduate certificate needs to be submitted along with application form if applicable
- Income certificate needs to be submitted of candidates are applying for the fee waiver
- Sports certificate (if a candidate is applying for relaxation under sports quota)
- Demand Drafts and other relevant certificates
- Candidates applying for Tamil Nadu medical colleges under NRI quota also need to submit copies of their and their parents’ passports along with a letter from embassy/employer indicating their parents’ residence proof
Tamil Nadu MBBS Merit List 2020
NEET 2020 score and ranks will be the main criteria while preparing the Tamil Nadu MBBS merit list 2020. The list comprises the rank of students in Tamil Nadu, category, admission number, registration number, and their NEET score details. Names of only those candidates who successfully complete the document verification stage will feature in the Tamil Nadu MBBS and BDS merit list 2020. Candidates who have their names in the Tamil Nadu MBBS merit list will be eligible to fill choices in order to appear for counselling and seat allocation for medical colleges in the state.
Tamil Nadu MBBS Counselling 2020
Check the steps to appear for counselling below
- In order to get their preferred colleges and courses, candidates will have to fill their preferences once they have cleared the document verification round and their names appear in Tamil Nadu MBBS merit list.
- Seats will be allocated on the basis of availability of seats as well and candidates will be alerted about the counselling procedure on their registered mobile numbers and email IDs.
- Candidates are advised to carry the required documents and a few photocopies in order to take provisional admission on the basis of Tamil Nadu MBBS counselling 2020.
- Candidates who get seats will be able to download their call letters from the official website of Tamil Nadu admissions 2020. These call letters will be essential for securing seats at the allocated colleges in order to verify the student details.
Tamil Nadu NEET MBBS Participating Colleges 2020
More than 50 colleges take part in the NEET Counselling for MBBS courses in Tamil Ndau. There is a big number of medical colleges in Tamil Nadu that take part in the NEET UG counselling process for MBBS courses.
Following are some of the best colleges to take admission for MBBS in Tamil Nadu
- Madras Medical College, Chennai
- Thanjavur Medical College, Thanjavur
- Madurai Medical College, Madurai
- Chengalpattu Medical College, Chengalpattu
- Coimbatore Medical College, Coimbatore
- Tirunelveli Medical College, Tirunelveli
- Govt. Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College, Salem
- Thoothukudi Medical College, Thoothukudi
- K.A.P. Viswanatham Govt. Medical College, Trichy
- Govt. Vellore Medical College, Vellore
MBBS is one of the most recognized medical degrees in India and there is a lot of scope after pursuing MBBS. Native candidates have a better chance of securing seats in Tamil Nadu MBBS admissions and securing a bright career in the medical field. Stay tuned with CollegeDekho for more updates regarding admission in Tamil Nadu medical colleges.