Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Andhra Pradesh State Council for Higher Education (APSCHE) is responsible for conducting MBA admissions in Andhra Pradesh. However, deemed universities are free to conduct their own admission process for MBA courses in Andhra Pradesh. The MBA admissions in Andhra Pradesh are offered on the basis of scores of various national and state-level entrance exams like CAT, MAT, CMAT, GMAT, ATMA, NMAT, and AP ICET. 95% of government and private management colleges in the state accept AP ICET scores. However, candidates who are targetting IIM Visakhapatnam can get admission only if they qualify for CAT.
If you are seeking admission into any particular college, you must check whether it accepts the score of the MBA entrance exams you appeared for, along with its eligibility criteria before applying for counseling. In this article, we have put down all the necessary information regarding MBA admissions in Andhra Pradesh, including important dates, selection process, fees, eligibility criteria, and more.
Andhra Pradesh MBA Selection Process 2022
As discussed above, candidates can get MBA admission into Andhra Pradesh colleges if they qualify for the AP ICET exam and other state-level & national-level entrance exams or through management quota. Let’s understand the selection process in detail below:
AP ICET 2022 Selection Process
- APSCHE will begin the admission/selection process under the convenor quota for MBA based on AP ICET score 2022 soon. Students who have qualified for AP ICET 2022 will have to register for the AP ICET 2022 counseling process.
- The initial stage of the counseling process is certificate verification followed by exercising web options and seat allotment.
- The seat allotment is purely based on AP ICET 2022 rank.
- APSCHE may conduct two or three rounds of the counseling process. Students who do not secure a seat in the first round can take part in the next round of counseling.
- 80% of seats in private MBA colleges in Andhra Pradesh are filled under the convenor quota.
Selection Process Based on Other Entrance Exams
- IIM Visakhapatnam accepts only CAT scores. Students who clear the required cutoff and composite score are called for CAT counseling.
- GITAM deemed university conducts the GAT exam. Qualified candidates need to participate in GITAM GAT counseling to get an MBA admission.
- Students getting admission through MAT, NMAT, GMAT, ATMA, or any other entrance exam must appear for counseling in the colleges they have applied for.
- Candidates who get shortlisted in the counseling round have to take part in WAT/GD/PI.
- Once the counseling concludes, conducting authorities release the seat allotment list.
- A student can then freeze his seat in the college he sought by submitting the admission fee.
Direct MBA Admission/Management Quota Admission
- Students without a valid AP ICET/ GAT/ CAT/ MAT score can apply for direct admission.
- These admissions are treated as management quota admissions and institutes do not offer fee concessions.
- Students applying for MBA admission under the management quota will not get state government scholarships.
MBA Admissions in Andhra Pradesh 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who have qualified for the entrance exams accepted by any particular colleges they are seeking MBA admission in must meet the following eligibility criteria too.
Aspirants must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized college or university with 45-50% marks. Students with arrears in any of the semesters or years of UG are not eligible to apply for any entrance exam and secure admission into an MBA course. Final-year UG students can apply for entrance tests, but the seat will be allocated only after the completion of the UG course.
As mentioned above, MBA admissions in Andhra Pradesh are offered through various national and state-level entrance exams. Thus, students need to appear for the entrance exams accepted by the colleges they are targetting. AP ICET score is widely accepted across management colleges in the state. Therefore, students must appear for the AP ICET exam in case they are not taking any other national-level entrance exam. Those who clear the required cutoff or scores in the entrance exams will be considered for admission.
Students belonging to Andhra Pradesh state are only eligible for MBA admission under the convenor quota (state quota). Students from other states can take admission under the management quota of the institutes. There are no domicile rules to take admission into GITAM university.
MBA Admissions in Andhra Pradesh 2022 Reservation Policy
During the MBA admission process, APSCHE will allocate seats as per the reservation policies of the Andhra Pradesh Government. 61% of the total seats in MBA are reserved for SC, ST, OBC, PwD, NCC, Sports, Extra Circular Activities, Ex-servicemen, and defense personnel residing in Andhra Pradesh. The remaining 39% of these seats are reserved for the General category as well as for above said castes. The category-wise reservation is as follows:
Seats to Be Reserved
Persons with Disability
NCC, Sports & Extra Curricular Activities
Ex-Servicemen & Defense Personnel
Note: Reservation policies do not apply for 20% management quota seats in private MBA colleges in Andhra Pradesh.
Documents Required for MBA Admission in Andhra Pradesh 2022
The following are the mandatory documents required to take MBA admission in Andhra Pradesh:
- Residence Certificate (only for candidates applying under convenor or state quota)
- Transfer Certificate (TC)
- UG Marks Sheet and Provisional Certificate
- Income Certificate (only reserved and economically backward categories)
- Score Card and Admit Card of Entrance Test
- Category Certificate (applicable to reserved categories)
- Proof of Identity
- Class 12 Certificate
- Class 10 Certificate
Top MBA Colleges in Andhra Pradesh 2022
Here is the list of some of the top MBA colleges in Andhra Pradesh:
Koneru Lakshmaiah Foundation for Higher Education (Deemed University)
GITAM Deemed University – GITAM Institute of Management
For a detailed list of all the MBA colleges in Andhra Pradesh, click here!
If you have a query regarding MBA admission in Andhra Pradesh, you can visit our Q&A Zone and get it resolved with the help of our counselors. You can apply to any of the management colleges in Andhra Pradesh by filling out our Common Application Form.