Career in Fashion Design has emerged as one of the most sought after careers amongst the Gen- X students.
Fashion Design can be divided into several main branches like Textile and Apparel Design, Leather Technology, Fashion Merchandising, Visual Merchandising, Footwear Design, Jewelry and Gem Designing etc. Considering this, a large number of students are being attracted towards pursuing a course in fashion designing.
Here is a list of top institutes in this field to help you out.
• National Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi was set up by the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India, in technical collaboration with FIT, New York. NIFT Delhi has produced a number of eminent alumni over the years like Rohit Bal, Ritu Beri, Manish Malhotra. It offers a variety of regular as well as CE programs. It has the oldest and richest resource centre having a rich collections of print and non-print materials.
• Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology (VIFT) a multi – disciplinary, umbrella institute was founded in year 1996. Vogue is the hub where designing is induced with passion & standards of design education are set with creative educational culture.
• School of Fashion Technology, Pune School of Fashion Technology (SOFT) is committed to provide professional education and training to women in the field of fashion business as per needs and demands of the fashion industry. SOFT offers professional education programmes at Under Graduate and Post Graduate levels.
• Symbiosis Institute of Design, Pune Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID) is one of the famed institutes of designing. SID is a constituent of Symbiosis International University. The Institute has strong advisory board, which imparts research, and practical advice to design academics, business and students. Apart from this excellent amenities and serene campus atmosphere makes learning congenial for all students. It offers Bachelors and Masters degree.
• National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad The National Institute of Design abridged (NID) is one the leading Institutes in India. The Institute has around 500 students. The NID is internationally acclaimed as one of the foremost multi-disciplinary institutions in the field of design education and research. The Business Week, USA has listed NID as one of the top 25 European & Asian programmes in the world.
• National Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai National Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai due to the presence of glamour world, major national, international fashion brands and retail houses provides an ideal environment for fashion students in terms of industry exposure, class room learnings, projects and placements. It is the perfect gateway to fashion world in the country with its proximity to bollywood and fashion hub.
• National Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore National Institute of Fashion Technology has emerged as the premier Institute of Design, Management and Technology. It offers Under Graduate and Post Graduate programmes in various Disciplines of Designing. It offers Bachelor Programmes – in B.Des. Fashion Design, Accessory Design, Textile Design, Fashion Communication, Knitwear Design and It also provides B.F Tech Apparel Production.
• National Institute of Fashion Technology, Hyderabad National Institute of Fashion Technology Hyderabad laid its plinth stone in the year 1995. The initial days began at Chenetha Bhavan, Nampally, Hyderabad with a strong team empowering the center. Like others, it also offers courses in UG and PG. • National Institute of Fashion Technology, Chennai NIFT professionals are some of the most creative minds a country can offer with a burning desire to excel, who go through a very stimulating and challenging academic schedule that sharpens them and prepares them to face any challenge in the ever changing world of fashion. Leading national and international companies participate in Campus Placements to recruit NIFT professionals. The Top Recruiters are 99 Labels, Kimaya Fashions, Rising Trade, TPG Wholesale Pvt. Ltd etc.
• Pearl Academy, Delhi Pearl Academy (formerly Pearl Academy of Fashion) is a private higher education institute in India, offering undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma courses in design, fashion and business. Starting with a campus in Okhla in South Delhi, the academy later moved to a larger campus in Naraina, in the West of the city. It has been ranked Number 1 Design School (North India), and Number 2 Fashion School (All India) in the 2014 Edutainment Awards.