T& P Facility aims to bridge the gap between the requirements of the corporate houses and the skill sets that the students acquire during college.
This is the leading motto of the Training and Placement Facility of MIST. Empowered with trained, certified and expert trainers the facility started functioning in the academic year 2001. Theirs trainers have great experience in understanding the training requirements of technical undergraduate students and design the programmes accordingly to help students attain career success year after year. Their T& P Facility aims to bridge the gap between the requirements of the corporate houses and the skill sets that the students acquire during college. In the present world largely driven by service industry, soft skills are much sought after, especially by IT companies. Very often recruiters, because of absence of these skills reject majority of the candidates. As we are all aware, the undergraduate years coincide with the most impressionable age of the students where their attitudes are developed and preference & interests formed. Therefore before stepping into the world of work students require proper initiation and the right personality. Personality enhancement programmes at their college are therefore exclusively designed to prepare entrepreneurial, learnable, employable & readily billable students.
Their Multi-Module programme covers the following areas
- Quantitative aptitude
- Reasoning - Analytical, Logical
- Verbal ability - Vocabulary, Grammar, Reading - Comprehension.
- Goal setting
- GD skills
- HR Interview skills
- Resume preparation & Drafting Job application
- Spoken / Communicative English
- Presentation skills
Over all functions of T&P Cell are
- To invite experts from Industry to lecture on current practices in the industry.
- To invite companies to conduct Interviews on the campus.
- To invite industries to set-up Incubation centers on the campus.
- To organize periodical Industrial visits for students to get exposure to Industrial environs.
- To arrange for summer Internships for students to get hands on experience.
- To guide students wishing to pursue higher studies in India & Abroad.
- To train students in HR skills like Group discussion, Public speaking and facing interviews.
- To promote rational thinking and analytical acumen among the students by conducting training programs.
- To equip non IT branch students with computer competencies.
- To arrange for periodic conduction of mock-tests in General aptitude, Psychometric tests, Group discussion, Interviews and computer science basics.
- All the students of final year are trained for 40 hours on campus by Manhattan Review.
- AMCAT exam was conducted for all final year students.
- College has signed an agreement with Monster.com for helping college in getting placements.
- Students are encouraged and guided to apply for various positions in Indian Army.
- Students were trained in SOFTSKILLS in-house
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place