Placements Stats for All Degrees
The objective of the Placement Centre is
- To provide job opportunities by bringing the companies for campus recruitment to all the eligible students of final year.
- To enhance current technical and practical knowledge of students
- To make the students 'PLUG & PLAY' by imparting soft skills and employability skills.
- To have strong Industry-Institute Interaction.
The Training and Placement Cell is headed by Prof. I. Philip Praveen. Starting his career as a Lecturer in the Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department of REC, in the year 1998, he carved a niche for himself as an exemplary teacher with a passion for making the students employable by the Industry. He is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department. Working along senior Professors, he played a key role in the conceptualization and design of a path breaking program called "Residential Employability Training Camp". The roll out of this program led to a phenomenal increase in the number of students placed in Campus Recruitments.
His ability to network with Industries and other Professional societies led to the Institution entering into MoUs with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and also becoming members of Education Promotion Society of India (EPSI), Indian Society for Training and Development (ISTD), National Association of Software Companies (NASSCOM), ICT Academy etc.
He also co-ordinates the overseas relations of the Institution handling issues like student recruitment and identifying areas of mutual collaboration between Institutions. He has represented the Institution in various education fairs at Kuwait, Sri Lanka, Sultanate of Oman and the GETEX Fair- Asia's largest education Fair at Dubai. He was part of the CII team to Singapore to study the best practices of higher education Institutions in Singapore. He was also selected to represent the Institution in the EPSI delegation to visit leading Technical Institutions in the United States in the year 2008. In June, 2011 he represented the Institution in NAFSA 2011 at Vancouver, Canada.
He is ably supported by a team of Professionals with rich Industry and Academia experience and also student and faculty coordinators from each department.
- Campus recruitment for final year students start from June onwards every year. Recruitment after passing out of the campus will also be done depending on the availability of non placed students.
- Interested recruiters are requested to mail the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Profile
- Job Location
- Training Period
- CTC during & after Training
- Designation before & after Training
- Service agreement if any - No.of years & Bond amount if any
- Degrees & Branches required
- Eligibility Criteria - Marks ( X / XII/dip / Current degree/UG for PG) and Arrear Status
- Selection Process- Test (Online / Not)/GD/Interview
- Facilities Required for campus recruitment
- Preferred dates to visit
- NB: Placement with Paid Training by students and Consulting fee attached placements are not allowed.
- Based on the above data, students will register at Placement Centre. No.of interested students will be informed to the recruiting company.
- Based on the no.of interested students, company can fix the venue either at college or at their office. Resumes of the interested students can also be sent to the company for shortlisting at their end. If the policy of the company is to conduct a pooled campus drive for colleges, we are ready to conduct here in our campus.
- List of Selected candidates and offer letters shall be given to the Placement Officer at the end of the process. If there is any delay in announcement of results, students will be permitted to attend the next company . If the students get placement in the next company, they will not be permitted to get the offer from the previous company if get selected.
- The recruiters are requested to give the feedback of the quality of the students at the end of the selection process and also after the training period. This will help us to improve continuously and offer better numbers than the previous year. Dream offer will be given to students
- To the companies that offer a CTC of more than Rs.4.50 lakhs p.a
- To Engineering Companies so that Engineering companies do not fall in short of quality students and also students are given the option to choose their career.
- If the student gets placed in the Dream Offer , his previous offer will be cancelled by informing the previous recruiter. This is done to make sure that the student join in only one company. Students placed in the dream offer will not be permitted to attend subsequent Dream offer recruitments.
Rajalakshmi Engineering College
Ask a question and Get the Answers Instantly.ASK A QUESTION
Training & Placement Activites
- Contacting the recruiting companies regularly for campus placement.
- Conducting Campus Recruitments
- Arranging Guest Lectures from Resource Persons from Industry to deliver current knowledge to students and faculty.
- Arranging Industrial visits , In Plant Training and Industry Projects to impart practical knowledge and industry practices.
- Conducting Career Awareness programmes by Industry Professionals.
- Conducting Soft Skill Programmes to students by Industry Experts.
- Conducting Mock Group Discussion and Mock Interview by HR Professionals.
- Conducting Seminars, workshops and conferences to HR and others.
- Executing activities under MoUs signed with Industry like Infosys, FL Smidth,etc.
- Other Triple I (Industry-Institute Interaction) activities that develop knowledge and skills of students and faculty.
Rajalakshmi Engineering College News
Contact Details of Rajalakshmi Engineering College, Chennai
Contact No:+91-44-37181111 , +91-44-37181112
Address:Rajalakshmi Nagar, Thandalam, Chennai - 602 105.
the most popular courses across India, at one place
Create a free Profile now.
the most popular exams across India, at one place