- BBA: Overview
- BBA: Eligibility Criteria
- BBA: Scope
- Important Points Before Choosing BBA MBA Integrated Course
- BBA Followed by MBA vs Integrated BBA+MBA: Overview
- Why BBA Followed by MBA?
- Why Integrated BBA+MBA?
- BBA Followed by MBA Specializations
- BBA Followed by MBA vs Integrated BBA+MBA Eligibility Criteria
- BBA Followed by MBA Eligibility Criteria
- Integrated BBA+MBA Eligibility Criteria
- Integrated BBA+MBA Admission Process
- BBA Followed by MBA vs Integrated BBA+MBA Selection Process
- Top Colleges for BBA Followed by MBA
- Top Colleges for Integrated BBA+MBA
- Recommended Books for BBA MBA Integrated Course
- Skills Required for BBA MBA Course
- BBA Followed by MBA vs Integrated BBA+MBA Career Scope
- Difference between Five-year integrated BBA + MBA course and BBA …
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Candidates who have completed 12th can either opt for the Integrated BBA+MBA program or an MBA followed by a BBA program. Both of them are good choices for candidates who are looking for a career in management.
BBA+MBA is an integrated program that allows the candidates to pursue the master degree and bachelor degree in the same specialisations while on the other hand pursuing an MBA after BBA allows the candidates to change their specialisation. Both the programs offers a wide range of specialisations to the candidates. Candidates may opt for finance, banking, retail, human resource or any other specialisation according to their interest and career aspirations.
Since both the programs are similar, they often create confusion in the mind of candidates. Those who have just completed their 12th get confused if they should opt for the integrated BBA+MBA program or they should go for the MBA program only after completing the BBA program. To make it easy for you, this article has all the information about these two courses to help you make an informed decision.
A 3-year undergraduate business management curriculum is known as BBA. The program gives the foundation for a person to build industry knowledge, foster entrepreneurship skills, and serve as a springboard for a great career in the corporate world.
BBA: Eligibility Criteria
While different institutes may have different eligibility requirements, most institutions have similar requirements.
- Candidates who have completed their 10+2 in any discipline and received an average grade of 50%.
Although a BBA education can help you land an entry-level job, it won't give you many prospects for advancement until you go on to earn an MBA. Comparing to candidates from different backgrounds, those with a BBA education should find it simpler to get through the interviewing process. Having a solid understanding of the principles of disciplines like human resource management (HRM), financial law, and enterprise resource planning can be quite helpful to you should you decide to pursue an MBA, even if MBA programs are rather complex.
Important Points Before Choosing BBA MBA Integrated Course
Here are some major points you should consider while choosing betweenBBA or BBA-MBA Integrated Course:
- Applicants must be certain of their long term goals before choosing to attend university because they may not have the opportunity to change their job path once they have completed the BBA programme.
- Select a renowned university that offers this program; just then will you be able to look for greater employment chances.
- It is necessary to understand the specific curriculum that will be pursued throughout the programme.
- Ensure that moving from a BBA to MBA course does not need you to go through the admissions process again.
BBA Followed by MBA vs Integrated BBA+MBA: Overview
Let’s have a quick look at some of the major factors for both programs before moving further.
BBA Followed by MBA
Bachelor degree for MBA and 12th for BBA.
Passed 12th from any stream
Entrance exam + Counselling
Entrance exam + Counselling
Average Course Fee
Rs. 2 - 6 lakhs
INR 1.5 to 9 Lacs
Average Starting Salary
Rs. 2.5 - 8 LPA
INR 3 to 15 lacs per annum
Why BBA Followed by MBA?
The BBA program is an undergraduate program of 3 years and the MBA program is a master program of 2 years. Pursuing an MBA after the BBA Program allows the candidates to do BBA and MBA in different specialisations. This approach is good for those candidates who are not sure about which specialisation they should choose. Candidates can also complete their BBA and MBA degrees with different specialisations. Some colleges are known for their BBA while some are good for MBA. Candidates can choose the best BBA offering colleges and MBA offering colleges as per their requirements. However, candidates must check the syllabus of the selected college before applying.
Why Integrated BBA+MBA?
The integrated BBA+MBA program allows students to complete both the BBA and MBA degrees in the same specialisation. Candidates can complete both degrees from the same college. The advantage of pursuing the integrated BBA+MBA degree is that the topics will not be repeated in 5 years which might happen in the BBA followed by MBA approach. Candidates who are interested in this degree program can choose any college from the list of integrated BBA+MBA colleges in the country. However, all the candidates are advised to check the placement record, infrastructure and awards before finalising the college.
BBA Followed by MBA Specializations
To know about some of the major specialisations available for the MBA program after completing the BBA program, the list given below can be referred to.
- Information Technology (IT)
- Rural Management
- Human Resource Management
- Event Management
- Business Management
- Logistics Management
- Health Care Management
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
BBA Followed by MBA vs Integrated BBA+MBA Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are seeking admission in both management degrees will have to satisfy the eligibility criteria decided by the college.
BBA Followed by MBA Eligibility Criteria
Both degree programs have different eligibility requirements. The minimum eligibility criteria for the BBA program is 12th from any recognized institute while the minimum eligibility criteria for the MBA program is a clearing a bachelor's degree in any discipline.
Integrated BBA+MBA Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are seeking admission to the Integrated BBA+MBA program must have cleared the 12th examination from any recognized institution. He or she must have scored at least 50% marks to get admission.
Integrated BBA+MBA Admission Process
Applications applying for the BBA MBA Integrated Program at different IIMs must be submitted online on the university's website with the necessary documentation. The purpose of the registration form is to gauge the candidates' aptitude for both scholastic and extracurricular interests. After completing the application, candidates must take the admission examination, which gauges their proficiency in English, analytical reasoning, and basic math. Additionally, the candidates selected must show up for a Written Ability Test (WA) and a Personal Interview (PI).
- The prospective applicants must submit their applications online via the website.
- The registration is then examined.
- Based on their performance in the entrance test, the selected applicants are next invited to take the Integrated Program in Management Aptitude Test (IPMAT).
- Based on their performance on two components of the Integrated Program in Management Aptitude Test, the qualified applicants complete a verbal aptitude test and an in-person interview.
- Applicants are even further chosen depending on their results in the written ability test, personal interview, and the Integrated Program in Management Aptitude Test (IPMAT).
BBA Followed by MBA vs Integrated BBA+MBA Selection Process
Selection to both the Integrated BBA+MBA Program and BBA followed by MBA will be done based on the scores in the entrance examination followed by the counselling process. Candidates will have to perform well in all the selection rounds to get admission to the college. Colleges will call the candidates along with the required documents to the campus. Selected candidates will then have to confirm their admission before the deadline.
Top Colleges for BBA Followed by MBA
Candidates who have completed their BBA degree can choose any of the following MBA colleges in India listed below.
Top Colleges for Integrated BBA+MBA
Candidates who are opting for this integrated program can check the table given below to know all about the top colleges:
Recommended Books for BBA MBA Integrated Course
You can check the below mentioned books for BBA MBA Integrated Programs.
- Fundamentals of Management: Essentials Concepts and Applications by Robbins
- Modern Microeconomics by Koutsoyiannis
- Business Mathematics by Sharma, J.K.
- Management Accounting by Pandey, I.M.
- Fundamentals of Database Systems by Elmasri and Navathe
Skills Required for BBA MBA Course
- Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Critical Thinking Skills
- High-aptitude Ability to Survive in a competitive atmosphere
- An Administrative Personality
- Good Communication Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Strategic Planning
- Analytical Skills
- Adaptability to Change
BBA Followed by MBA vs Integrated BBA+MBA Career Scope
For BBA MBA students, there are several employment options. For those pursuing a BBA or MBA, we have listed several popular job paths below along with thorough descriptions.
- Sales Manager: In a company, the employees of the sales department are under the direction of a marketing manager. He or she develops a marketing strategy, performs data analysis, and establishes goals for achieving sales. To boost efficiency, a sales manager trains his or her staff.
- Product Manager: A product manager is in charge of designing advertising strategy, fostering a favorable brand attitude, and carrying out brand plans that are in line with the organization's objectives.
- Marketing Manager: The duty of managing the sales representatives falls under the purview of this top level position. Designing product offerings to get people to purchase the corporation 's goods and services and increase brand awareness is his or her responsibility.
Difference between Five-year integrated BBA + MBA course and BBA course followed by MBA
Main field of study
In terms of the curriculum, those seeking a five-year integrated MBA degree have a little benefit. No programs or disciplines within the five-year course will be replicated. After 2 years, applicants will move on to higher levels of business learning.
Applicants who want to pursue an MBA after a BBA will need to repeat some subjects. Applicants for an MBA programme originate from a range of backgrounds. Applicants with a BBA or BBS will need to take the core courses again.
Applicants with a BBA degree have the option to continue their management study at a wide range of institutions or business school. Students attending in a five-year integrated BBA+MBA degree, however, are not given this choice. Many candidates choose to enrol in MBA programmes at prestigious B-schools like Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) and perhaps other leading Institutions and MBA universities. Applicants who pursue distinct MBA degrees can join two organisations.
Alternatively, applicants cannot switch institutions during a five-year integrated MBA programme.
Applicants just need to show up once for the admission evaluation process for an Integrated MBA program. Applicants must go through the admissions and selection procedures twice for different degrees. Applicants typically choose tests like the CAT, XAT, SNAP, NMAT, etc. in the latter scenario. Top institutions like IIMs provide integrated courses based on the results of entry tests like the NPAT, UGAT, MUCMET, and DAVV CET.
Choose independent BBA and MBA degrees if you want to gain significant professional experience before continuing post-graduation. Applicants applying for a combined BBA + MBA dual degree are not permitted to begin employment following the end of their three-year programme.
The cost of the Integrated MBA programme is more than that of the BBA and MBA programmes because the university will be supporting the candidate for a total of 5 years. Therefore, Integrated BBA will be far more costly for many individuals than a three year BBA degree.
We hope that after going through this article, some of your queries and doubts regarding the two courses have been resolved. If you wish to know more about management admissions in detail, feel free to ask our experts on the CollegeDekho QnA Zone.