Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Gate 2023 Registration: IIT Kanpur has announced the dates of GATE 2023. Candidates can register for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering from August 30 in conformity with the GATE registration date 2023. The official IIT Kanpur GATE 2023 website will provide the GATE exam registration form for 2023. The website for the GATE application for 2023 is gate.iitk.ac.in. Eligible applicants can register online for the GATE exam up to September 30. The candidates must review the GATE eligibility criteria before submitting their GATE 2023 application forms.
Candidates have to pay the GATE registration fee, upload the required documents, and complete all necessary fields on the IIT Kanpur GATE 2023 registration form in order to complete registration. Only those candidates who will submit the GATE registration 2023 form before the last date will be issued GATE admit card 2023 in online mode. For further information on GATE 2023 registration, including the date, fees, and procedure, read the article.
About GATE 2023
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national-level exam that focuses on evaluating candidates' comprehensive knowledge of a range of undergraduate subjects like- engineering, technology, architecture, science, and business courses. The Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur is conducting GATE 2023, a computer-based test (CBT). On behalf of the National Coordination Board - GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education (MoE), and Government of India, the exam will be conducted by IISc Bangalore and seven IITs (IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati,IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, and IIT Roorkee) (GoI).
GATE 2023 Registration Highlights
GATE Full Form
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering
Mode of availability of GATE application form
Exam Conducting Body
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
GATE 2023 Official website
GATE Application Fee
Female candidates- ₹ 850 (₹ 1350- with late fees)
SC / ST / PwD* category candidates- ₹ 850 (₹ 1350- with late fees)
All other candidates- ₹ 1700 (₹ 2200- with late fees)
GATE 2023 Exam Date
February 4, 5, 11 and 12, 2023
GATE 2023 Important Dates
Given below is the detailed schedule of GATE 2023 Exam:-
Release of GATE notification
July 27, 2022
Start date of GATE 2023 registration through GOAPS
August 30, 2022
Last date of GATE 2023 registration
September 30, 2022
Last date for submission of GATE exam application form 2023 (by registered candidates) with additional late fee of Rs. 500
October 7, 2022
Display of Defective Applications to rectify
To be notified
Start of application correction
November 4 to 11, 2022
Last Date for change of Category, Paper and Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable)
November 11, 2022
Last date for rectification of applications
To be notified
Admit card release date
January 3, 2023
GATE 2023 exam date
Forenoon: 9:30 AM to 12:30 Noon IST (Tentative) Afternoon: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM IST (Tentative)
February 4, 5, 11 and 12, 2023
Announcement of the Results in the Online Application Portal
March 16, 2023
How to fill GATE 2023 Application Form
- Visit the GOAPS portal to complete the GATE 2023 registration process.
- Fill the GATE 2023 application form.
- Upload scanned copies of the necessary documents.
- Register for GATE and pay the fee.
- Preview of filled application form of GATE 2023.
- Submit the GATE registration 2023.
- Send in the GATE registration form for 2023.
Candidates can go through the stepwise process of GATE 2023 Registration here-
Step 1 - GATE Registration
Create an account for GATE 2023 login by registering using the GATE online application processing system 2023 (GOAPS) using the GATE 2023 registration link provided in the article. To register for the GATE exam in 2023, enter the following details-
- First, middle, and last names of candidates
- Valid email ID
- Country of residence
- Mobile Number
- A password for future logins
Click the "submit tab" after providing all the above information. The registered email ID and mobile number will receive a One Time Password (OTP) that is generated by the system. To finish the GATE registration for 2023, use the OTP. A distinct enrollment ID will then be provided to the candidates who successfully registered.
Note: Candidates can continue with payment if the OTP is delayed and their email ID or mobile number can be verified. Later on, the subsequent one needs to be validated at late stages.
Step 2: Login and fill GATE Exam Online Application Form
After completing the GATE registration, log in and complete the online application form for the exam by entering the information requested below:
- Personal Information: Information such as the candidate's name, parents' names, birthdate, place of nativity, etc., must be entered
- Academic Detail: Information regarding educational qualification from the high school is required to be entered
- Address: Address and permanent address must be provided in the communication details field
- GATE Paper: Choose which GATE paper you'll be attempting
Note: After submitting the form, changing the GATE exam paper is not permitted
- GATE Testing Center: Pick three exam cities in total from the provided list. The first two centers must be from the same zone while the third can be from any GATE 2023 regional zone
- Photo Identity Proof: The photo ID number and type of ID have to be entered
Step 3: Upload Documents
Upload scanned copies of required documents that are mentioned below, including photos and signatures.
- High quality passport size image of candidate
Dimension: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
Maximum Resolution: 480 x 640 pixels
Minimum Resolution: 240 x 320 pixels
- High quality image of candidate's signature
Maximum Resolution: 160 x 560 pixels
Minimum Resolution: 80 x 280 pixels
- Scanned copy of Category (SC/ST) in pdf format (if applicable).
- PwD Certificate scanned copy in pdf format (if applicable).
- A pdf file containing a scanned copy of the certificate of dyslexia (if applicable).
- Scanned copies of any valid photo identification document Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Driving License (should have Name, Date of Birth of the Candidate, and Unique Photo ID Number), Aadhar-UID (preferable). This needs to be brought in original form to the examination hall for validation.)
Step 4: Review Application Form
Before submitting, review the GATE 2023 application form. Before submitting, check and verify all the information provided.
Step 5: Pay Application Fees
Pay the GATE 2023 application fees Online payment options include Net-banking, debit cards, and credit cards. The application fee varies as per the category of the candidates.
What after GATE 2023 Application Form?
The official website will publish the admit card for those who successfully complete GATE registration 2023. Candidates can only appear for GATE 2023 if they have an admit card. The GATE exam pattern has been published by the authorities, thus applicants are required to check it before taking the exam to better understand the set of question papers. They should also check out the previous year's question papers for practice as it will enhance their confidence.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for more such updates!