WBJEE 2020 is scheduled to be conducted on February 2, 2020. Now that only a few days are left for the examination, candidates are advised to revise the important topics for WBJEE 2020 subject- wise. All three sections Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are equally important for WBJEE 2020 and students must plan and revise the subject accordingly.
WBJEE is a popular engineering examination and a lot of candidates appear for the examination each year. Although the examination is competitive, a smart and strategic plan before the day of the examination will help you to secure a good rank in WBJEE 2020. Also, the level of confidence on the day of examination plays an important role on the day of examination.
Here is the list of important topics subject- wise that a student must revise for WBJEE 2020:
Also Read: Get Admission without WBJEE Score
Important topics for WBJEE 2020- Mathematics
WBJEE paper comprises three sections and all the three sections Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are equally important to crack the WBJEE examination. Among all the three sections Mathematics sections hold maximum weightage. A total of 75 questions are asked in the section and it carries 100 marks.
Here are the important topics in Mathematics that a student must go through before appearing for the WBJEE 2020:
- Permutation and Combination
- Sets, Relations, and Functions
- Matrices Determinants
- Complex Numbers
Important topics for WBJEE 2020- Physics
A total of 40 questions are asked in Physics sections and carry 50 marks. Important topics for Physics include:
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Work Energy Power
- Laws of Motion
- Current Electricity
- Laws of Motion
- Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism
- Center of Mass, Impulse and Momentum
- Nuclear Physics
- Modern Physics
- Solids and Semiconductor Devices
- Wave Motion/ Rotational Motion and Simple Harmonic Motion
Also Read: WBJEE 2020 Marks vs Rank Analysis
Important topics for WBJEE 2020- Chemistry
Both Physics and Chemistry holds equal weightage WBJEE. 40 questions are asked in the Chemistry section and the maximum marks that a candidate can obtain in the subject is 50. A student can score maximum marks in Chemistry by spending less time attempting the questions provided that the concepts are clear. Proper revision before the examination will help the candidate score maximum marks in Chemistry section. Here he important topics associated with Chemistry section:
- Chemical bonding
- p and s block elements
- d and f block elements
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Alcohol Phenol Ether
- Carboxylic Acids and Derivatives
- Redox Reactions
- Ionic Equilibrium
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Basic organic chemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
WBJEE 2020 Preparation Tips
Now that only a few days are left for WBJEE 2020, we recommend you to revise important formulas and pointers for each section. Preparation for any examination is incomplete without revision. The last-minute revision will help you to gain confidence and remember important pointers on the day of examination. Here are important tips to complete your revision for WBJEE 2020:
- It is advisable that you do not pick up any new topic as it will be time-consuming. Instead, choose topics from the list of important topics from each section that you are well- versed with and spend appropriate time for revision.
- You may expect a few questions in the paper which will be directly based on formulas. So, check important formulas, equations, and pointers for all the sections which will help you to solve questions.
- We have also shared with you the previous year question paper subject - wise. Attempt the questions to get an idea about the level and pattern of the paper.
- We also recommend you skip the questions that are confusing. Instead, attempt the rest of the questions and then you can go back to the unattempted question if there is time left at the end.
- Avoid answering incorrect questions as there is negative marking in the paper. Instead, attempt all the questions with confidence and attempt as many correct questions as possible.
- Also, do not keep the last day before the examination for revision. Instead, eat healthy food and take appropriate sleep a day before the day of examination.
For Latest News and Information related to WBJEE, stay tuned to CollegeDekho!