Human Resource Development Department (HRDD), Government of Sikkim is responsible for conducting Sikkim MBBS admissions 2020. Medical aspirants in Sikkim have the advantage of applying to Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences (SMIMS) and Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS). For RIMS, candidates from all the North East states including Sikkim to apply for the admission. However, RIMS reserves only 05 seats to eligible Sikkim medical aspirants. On the other hand, SMIMS offers 20 seats under concessional quota and 15 full fees MBBS seats. In all, medical aspirants have 40 seats in MBBS course. More details about the Sikkim MBBS admissions are elaborated below. NEET UG 2020 registrations are open till December 31, 2019.
Sikkim MBBS Merit List 2020:
After receiving the online applications, Sikkim HRDD will release the merit list of candidates who are eligible to attend the counselling process. The merit list is prepared on the basis of marks scored by candidates in NEET-UG 2020 entrance exam and Class 12 percentage or merit. The merit list will also have the category-wise rank of the candidates.
Sikkim MBBS Admissions 2020:
Any update on MBBS admissions 2020 in Sikkim will be communicated on the official website of HRDD Sikkim.
Sikkim MBBS Admissions Important Dates 2020:
Take a look at the tentative dates for Sikkim MBBS admissions 2020.
Online registration for MBBS admission in Sikkim
Release of Sikkim MBBS merit list
Third Week of June 2020
Sikkim MBBS counselling date
Also Read: Puducherry MBBS Admissions
Sikkim MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2020:
Domicile Rules: Applicants must be the residents of Sikkim and must have completed Class 10 and Class 12 from the schools located in Sikkim. Only those candidates will be considered for admission.
Educational Requirement: A valid and minimum qualifying marks in NEET-UG is mandatory for the admission to MBBS course in Sikkim. The candidates must also score at least 50% (40% for reserved categories) marks in Class 12 with Biology as one of the major subjects.
Age Criteria: The candidates applying for MBBS course must have at least 17 years of the age as on December 31, 2019, while the age of the candidates should not exceed more than 25 years as on May 06, 2019.
Sikkim MBBS Application Process 2020:
- The application process for MBBS course in Sikkim is online.
- Candidates can visit the official website of HRDD Sikkim to submit the online application form.
- While filling the application form, it is mandatory to enter the NEET-UG 2020 roll number.
- After filling the application form with correct details, submit the application and take the printout of the same.
- Pay the prescribed counselling fee.
- Wait for the merit list and counselling process.
Sikkim MBBS Counselling Process 2020:
- The MBBS counselling will take place at Deorali Girls Senior Secondary School, Deorali – East Sikkim.
- The candidates must be present at the counselling hall by 09:00 AM.
- The candidates will be called rank-wise.
- The candidates must submit the required documents for the certificate verification process.
- After the certificate verification, candidates will be called to give preferences.
- The candidates will be called category-wise as per their rank in NEET-UG 2020.
- The seat allocation will be made at the counselling venue.
- The candidates will be given time to pay the course fee and confirm the admission.
Documents to Submit at the Time of Sikkim MBBS Counselling 2020:
The list of documents to be submitted at the time of Sikkim MBBS counselling 2020 is as follows:
- Printout of MBBS application form
- Domicile Certificate
- Category Certificate (if required)
- BPL (Below Poverty Line) Certificate (if necessary)
- NEET-UG 2020 Admit Card
- NEET-UG 2020 Scorecard
- Class 12 and Class 10 Certificate/ Mark Sheet
Also Read: Manipur MBBS Admissions
Sikkim MBBS Admissions Selection Process 2020:
The selection of the candidates for MBBS admission in Sikkim is purely based on merit, NEET-UG score, Class 12 percentage, reservation policy, preferences and availability of seats. If seats are vacant after the first round, HRDD will conduct second round counselling.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for the latest updates on Sikkim MBBS Admissions 2020.