Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Sikkim NEET UG 2023 Allotment Round 1 was held on August 9. Sikkim NEET UG Merit List 2023 was published on July 31. Sikkim NEET 2023 Counselling registration took place between July 20-25, 2023. The Directorate of Technical Education, Sikkim is responsible for conducting Sikkim MBBS admissions 2023, and medical aspirants in Sikkim have the advantage of applying to Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences (SMIMS) and Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS).
Here is the direct link to download the Sikkim NEET UG Merit List 2023:
For RIMS, candidates from all the North East states including Sikkim to apply for admission. However, RIMS reserves only 5 seats for Sikkim medical aspirants. On the other hand, SMIMS offers 20 seats under the concessional quota and 15 full fees MBBS seats. In all, medical aspirants have 40 seats in MBBS course. More details about the Sikkim MBBS admissions are elaborated below.
Sikkim MBBS Admissions Important Dates 2023
Take a look at the tentative dates for Sikkim MBBS admissions 2023.
Registration Start Date
July 20, 2023
Registration End Date
|July 25, 2023|
Release of Seat Matrix
|August 9, 2023|
|July 20 -25, 2023|
|July 31, 2023|
To be announced
To be announced
To be announced
Physical Reporting and Payment
To be announced
Counselling Round II
|To be announced|
Sikkim MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2023
Domicile Rules: Applicants must be residents of Sikkim and must have completed Class 10 and Class 12 from the schools located in Sikkim. Only those candidates will be considered for admission.
Educational Requirement: A valid and minimum qualifying marks in NEET-UG exam is mandatory for the admission to MBBS course in Sikkim. The candidates must also score at least 50% (40% for reserved categories) marks in Class 12 with Biology as one of the major subjects.
Age Criteria: The candidates applying for MBBS course must have at least 17 years of the age as on December 31, 2023, while the age of the candidates should not exceed more than 25 years as on May 06, 2023.
Sikkim MBBS Application Process 2023
- The application process for MBBS course in Sikkim will be conducted after the NEET UG 2023 result announcement.
- Candidates will be eligible visit the official website of HRDD Sikkim to submit the online application form when it's avaliable.
- While filling the application form, it is mandatory to enter the NEET-UG 2023 roll number.
- After filling the application form with correct details, submit the application and take the printout of the same.
- Pay the prescribed counselling fee.
- Wait for the merit list and counselling process.
Sikkim MBBS Merit List 2023
After receiving the online applications, Sikkim HRDD will release the merit list of candidates who are eligible to attend the counselling process. The merit list is prepared on the basis of marks scored by candidates in the NEET-UG 2023 entrance exam and Class 12 percentage or merit. The merit list will also have the category-wise rank of the candidates.
Sikkim MBBS Counselling Process 2023
- The MBBS counselling will take place at Auditorium of Nar Bahadur Bhandari Degree College, Tadong, East Sikkim
- The candidates will be called rank-wise.
- The candidates must submit the required documents for the certificate verification process.
- After the certificate verification, candidates will be called to give preferences.
- The candidates will be called category-wise as per their rank in NEET-UG 2023.
- The seat allocation will be made at the counselling venue.
- The candidates will be given time to pay the course fee and confirm the admission.
Documents to Submit at the Time of Sikkim MBBS Counselling 2023
The list of documents to be submitted at the time of Sikkim MBBS counselling 2023 is as follows:
- Printout of MBBS application form
- Domicile Certificate
- Category Certificate (if required)
- BPL (Below Poverty Line) Certificate (if necessary)
- NEET-UG 2023 Admit Card
- NEET-UG 2023 Scorecard
- Class 12 and Class 10 Certificate/ Mark Sheet
Sikkim MBBS Admissions Selection Process 2023
The selection of the candidates for MBBS admission in Sikkim is purely based on merit, NEET-UG score, Class 12 percentage, reservation policy, preferences and availability of seats. If seats are vacant after the first round, HRDD will conduct second round counselling.
|NEET 2023 Cutoff for Madhya Pradesh|
|NEET 2023 Cutoff for Jammu & Kashmir|
|NEET 2023 Cutoff for Bihar|
|NEET 2023 Cutoff for Maharashtra|
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for the latest updates on Sikkim MBBS Admissions 2023.