- TANCET MBA 2022 Counselling Process: Steps to Follow
- TANCET MBA 2022 Counselling Dates
- TANCET MBA 2022 Counselling Process Highlights
- TANCET Counselling Eligibility Criteria 2022
- TANCET MBA General Counselling 2022
- TANCET 2022 Counselling: Downloading the Call Letter
- Documents Required for TANCET MBA 2022 Counselling Process
- TANCET 2022 Counselling Fees
- What Happens If Two or More Candidates Have the Same …
- TANCET MBA 2022 Seat Reservation Policy
- Important Instructions for TANCET MBA Counselling Process 2022
- Colleges Participating in TANCET MBA Counselling Process 2022
- TANCET 2022 Cutoffs
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
DTE Chennai is responsible for conducting TANCET 2022 counselling online. The general counselling round for MBA courses was released on September 11, 2022, with the release of provisional seat allotment list. Once the counselling concludes, students will have to download their seat allotment letter and secure their seats in the college by submitting the admission fee.
The TANCET MBA 2022 seat allotment order includes the assigned college, the course fee to be paid, and the documentation to be brought with you when you report to the assigned institute. Candidates who secure their names on the TANCET MBA merit list and successfully meet the cutoff can participate in the counselling process for the year 2022.
TANCET 2022 Rank List was released on August 25, 2022, for MBA/ MCA. The registration process for TANCET 2022 Counselling for MBA/ MCA courses started on July 11, 2022 and ended on August 5, 2022. DTE Chennai has the authority to release the list of provisional MBA seat allotments, as well as the TANCET score, rank, college code, and branch allotted.
Read this article further to know everything about TANCET MBA 2022 counselling process, including dates, eligibility, steps, required documents, and more.
TANCET MBA 2022 Counselling Process: Steps to Follow
Discussed below are a few major steps involved in the TANCET MBA 2022 Counselling Process.
Stage 1: Online Registration
DTE is responsible for releasing an online application form for TANCET MBA 2022 counselling. The following is a step-by-step process to register for TANCET counselling.
- Go to the official website for TANCET MBA/MCA counselling.
- Select the tab that reads 'Register Online Application'.
- Fill in all the information denoted by the asterisk (*) sign.
- Enter the same email address and mobile number that were used to complete the TANCET application. The credentials will be sent by DTE to the registered email address and mobile number.
- Enter the normalized score from the TANCET scorecard and the TANCET hall ticket number.
- Enter supplementary information, such as the demand draft number, category, religion, educational qualification, etc.
- After filling out the TANCET counselling form completely, click on the "Submit" button.
- Take a printout of the application form and address label for future reference.
Stage 2: Document Verification
All the uploaded documents will be cross-checked and verified. The authorities have the right to disqualify ineligible candidates.
Stage 3: TANCET Rank List
The candidate’s performance in TANCET MBA is kept in mind before curating the TANCET merit list. The rank of the applicant is mentioned alongside his/her name in the merit list.
Stage 4: TANCET Call Letter
On the basis of rank in the TANCET, aspiring candidates are sent the call letter. It is vital to login and download the call letter as it is required at the time of counselling. The TANCET MBA Call Letter includes the candidates' name, registration number etc.
Stage 5: Counselling Process
The counselling and seat allotment process of TANCET begins soon after the call letter is sent to the candidates. During the process, applicants are required to pick out the desired college from the list of TANCET MBA colleges. Various rounds of counselling are held and the colleges allotted in the last round will be considered as the final one. The seats are offered to the candidates based on their choices, rank acquired, category and vacancy.
TANCET MBA 2022 Counselling Dates
Given below are the dates highlighting the important events of the TANCET MBA Counselling Process 2022.
TANCET MBA Counselling Dates
Online Registration, filling of Applications and Certificate Uploading Commences
July 11, 2022
Last date for Registration of Online Applications and Certificate Uploading
August 5, 2022
Publication of Rank List
August 25, 2022
Counselling for Special Reservation Categories (Differently Abled) Begins
August 29, 2022
Online Counselling Commences
Payment and Choice Filling
September 6 to 8, 2022 (5:00 PM)
Tentative Allotment Published on
September 9, 2022
Tentative Allotment Confirmed on
September 10, 2022
Provisional Allotment Published on
September 11, 2022
Supplementary Counselling (MBA)
September 14, 2022
SCA to SC Counselling (MBA/MCA)
September 15, 2022
End of Counselling Process
September 15, 2022
TANCET MBA 2022 Counselling Process Highlights
Check out a few key features of the TANCET MBA Counselling Process 2022 below.
TANCET Counselling Process 2022 Particulars
TANCET Counselling Process 2022 Details
DTE Tamil Nadu
Counselling Registration Mode
Counselling Eligibility Criteria
Counselling Fee for Unreserved Category candidates
Counselling Fee for Reserved Categories (SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu)
TANCET Counselling Eligibility Criteria 2022
Candidates need to qualify for the following eligibility conditions to participate in the TANCET counselling process 2022.
- Nativity: Only candidates who are natives of Tamil Nadu are qualified for TANCET counselling. Candidates must submit a copy of their Tamil Nadu nativity certificate when registering for counselling. Applicants need to furnish valid and legitimate documents as any misleading or invalid documents would directly lead to the disqualification of the applicant.
- Qualifying Examination: Candidates must hold a bachelor's degree with at least three years of coursework and a minimum of 50% aggregate (unreserved category). Reserved category candidates are granted 5% relaxation and they are required to possess a minimum aggregate of 45%.
- Entrance Exam: Candidates must have taken the TANCET (MBA) 2022 entrance exam administered by Anna University and obtain the qualifying scores.
- Age Restrictions: DTE has not set a maximum or minimum age requirement.
TANCET MBA General Counselling 2022
Authorities conduct the TANCET counselling process for individuals who have enrolled for general TANCET MBA counselling once "Special Reservation Categories" have been completed. It is important to download the call letter before attending the TANCET General Counseling round. It involves the following steps:
- Candidates' initial payment deposit
- Exercising institutional choice
- A tentative allotment will be published for the MBA programme.
- The allotment option will be confirmed.
- Institution's final allocation
- Reporting to the designated institute
TANCET 2022 Counselling: Downloading the Call Letter
If the counselling process is carried out offline, the counselling call letter will be provided to all candidates who complete the counselling registration and have their documents verified. Candidates must use the login credentials created during the registration process to download the TANCET counselling call letter. It includes the details of the venue and dates for counselling as well as some personal information about the candidates. Applicants must show up for the TANCET counselling in accordance with the information in the call letter. The call letter is only valid for the offline counselling process.
Note: For the past two sessions, DTE handled the TANCET counselling procedure completely online; as a result, the counselling call letter was not released. If the counselling session is conducted offline, the call letter for the upcoming session will be published on the official website.
Documents Required for TANCET MBA 2022 Counselling Process
Here is the entire list of documents that an individual needs to upload to participate in the counselling process of TANCET MBA.
- Class 10th Marksheet
- Class 12th Marksheet or Diploma Certificate of 3 years
- Qualifying Degree Certificate, mark sheets of all semesters, provisional certificate or Consolidated mark sheet (3 years)
- Transfer certificate from the institute last attended
- TANCET 2022 Admit Card
- Certificate of Disability for Differently Abled Person (if applicable)
- Permanent Community Certificate
- Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee Certificate (If applicable)
- District Medical Board Certificate (for differently-abled candidates)
- Nativity Certificate in digital/ electronic format (if applicable)
- Experience Certificate (if applicable)
TANCET 2022 Counselling Fees
To pay the TANCET 2022 counselling fees, candidates are required to produce a demand draft drawn in the favour of ‘The Secretary, TN MBA/MCA Admissions – 2022, Government College of Technology, payable at Coimbatore. The category-wise registration fees for TANCET 2022 counselling are provided in the table below:
TANCET Counselling Fee (in INR)
What Happens If Two or More Candidates Have the Same TANCET Score?
If two or more applicants have the same TANCET score, the higher rank will be offered to the individual with a better score in the qualifying degree exam. The counselling preference will be given to the candidates with a higher rank on the merit list.
TANCET MBA 2022 Seat Reservation Policy
There are a total of 7 categories under which the selection of candidates is done through the TANCET Counselling Process. Provided below is the category-wise division of seats that is considered before offering admission to any candidate.
Most Backward Class and Denotified Communities
Backward Class Muslims (BCM)
Scheduled Caste (SC)
Scheduled Tribes (ST)
SC Arunthathiyar (SCA)
Points to Remember:
- Only Tamil Nadu native candidates will be considered for native reservation.
- Under the selection of open competitions, reserved categories are also included in addition to the seats reserved for them.
- Low vision and blindness, intellectual disability, autism, specific learning disability and mental illness, locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, deaf/ hard hearing, leprosy cured, acid attack victims, dwarfism and muscular dystrophy, multiple disabilities including deaf-blindness come under the PwD category and each disability category gets 1% of the reservation.
Important Instructions for TANCET MBA Counselling Process 2022
Enlisted below are a few important instructions for the TANCET MBA counselling process 2022.
- If an individual is not satisfied with the allotted institute, he/she can participate in the next round of the counselling process.
- After every round of counselling, a list of total vacancies is released by every participating institute of TANCET.
- Applicants who fail to attend the first/second stages of counselling will be not allowed to be a part of subsequent counselling rounds.
- The conducting body of TANCET issues the date and time of counselling, and an individual cannot alter them.
- Those who have applied for both, MBA and MCA are required to register separately.
- The allotted seat will be considered as confirmed only if an individual pays the confirmation fee of Rs. 5,300/- for General and Rs. 1,150/- for SC/SCA/ST applicants. This amount will be adjusted in the tuition fee after admission.
Colleges Participating in TANCET MBA Counselling Process 2022
Provided below is a list of colleges that offer MBA admissions through TANCET Counselling Process 2022.
Name of the College
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Thirupparankundram, Tamil Nadu
Kalavakkam, Tamil Nadu
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
Sivaski, Tamil Nadu
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
TANCET 2022 Cutoffs
DTE does not formally publish the cutoff score. The TANCET seat allotment list makes the last rank for admission available. The last ranks for some of the colleges that accept TANCET results are shown in the table below.
Name of College
TANCET Last Rank
PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
University of Madras, Chepauk, Chennai
St. Joseph’s College of Engineering, OMR, Chennai
Velammal Engineering College, Chennai
Vel Tech High Tech Dr Rangarajan Dr Sakunthala Engineering College, Chennai
Kumaraguru College of Technology, Chinnavedampatti Post, Coimbatore
University Departments of Anna University - CEG, Chennai
Thiagarajar School of Management(Co-Ed), Madurai
Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering, Kancheepuram
There are over 242 TANCET participating institutes in India. To explore more college options, feel free to dial the toll-free number 1800-572-9877 or fill up the Common Application Form. Our admission experts will be glad to help you out. You can also drop your queries in the QnA zone. Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for more updates on TANCET