Directorate of Medical Education, Government of Tripura is responsible for conducting Tripura MBBS Admissions 2019. Usually, DME commences the admission process within a few days after the announcement of NEET-UG Results 2019. All the NEET-UG 2019 qualified candidates from Tripura can take part in the NEET-UG counselling process for securing admission in the MBBS course. The seat matrix for the mop-up round has been released and the schedule of the mop-up round was out on August 4, 2019.
Tripura DME conducts MBBS admission process only for 85% of seats available under state quota. Candidates belonging to OBC category in Tripura do not fall under the reserved category and are included in the list of candidates from the unreserved category. MBBS applicants of Tripura must have a clear awareness of NEET-UG counselling and admission process. Details in this regard are elaborated below.
The seat matrix for counselling round 2 has been released.
Tripura MBBS Merit List 2019:
Tripura DME releases MBBS merit list before the commencement of application process. Candidates whose name is on the merit list are eligible to register for counselling. The merit list is prepared on the basis of NEET score of the candidates. Candidates will highest NEET-UG score from Tripura will be ranked first on the merit list.
Tripura MBBS Seat Allotment 2019
The seat allotment list for the first round has been released on July 5, 2019. Candidates who have been allotted seats will have to report at the respective college along with the relevant documents for verification.
Click here for Tripura MBBS seat allotment list 2019 here
Tripura MBBS Admissions 2019:
DME Tripura has commenced the admission process for MBBS course. All the government and private medical colleges across Tripura take part in the centralised counselling process conducted by DME Tripura for filling MBBS seats. Candidates participating in the MBBS admission process must abide by the rules and guidelines prescribed by DME Tripura.
Tripura MBBS Admissions Important Dates 2019:
Publication of Tripura MBBS merit list
June 19, 2019 (Released)
Document verification for state quota seats
June 26-29, 2019
Online registration for round 1
June 25-28, 2019
Publishing of state merit list
June 30, 2019 (Released)
June 30-July 3, 2019
|Seat allotment result||July 5, 2019 (Released)|
|Last date to report at the college||July 12, 2019|
|Second round of counselling||July 15-19, 2019|
|Document Verification||July 15-22, 2019|
|Round 2 seat allotment||July 31, 2019|
Also Read: Delhi MBBS Admission 2019
Tripura MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2019:
Domicile Rules: As per the guidelines of Tripura DME, the candidates aspiring for the admission to MBBS course should be permanent residents of Tripura. Children of civil servants of All India Cadre borne in Tripura are also eligible for the admission to MBBS course. The applicants must have passed Secondary and Higher Secondary Education from Tripura. Candidates who completed higher secondary and secondary education are also eligible for the admission if his / her parents are the permanent residents of Tripura.
Educational Qualification: As per CBSE rules, qualifying NEET-UG with a minimum qualifying mark is essential to be considered for the admission to MBBS course. In the same way, the applicants should have passed higher secondary education (Class 12) with at least 50% marks. Biology, Physics and Chemistry should be the compulsory subjects in Class 12.
Age Criteria: MBBS applicants in Tripura must make it clear that only those candidates who are 17 or above 17 years of age as on December 31, 2019, are considered for the admission to MBBS course. The upper age limit of the MBBS applicants should be 25 years as on May 06, 2019.
Tripura MBBS Application Process 2019:
- Online registration for MBBS course in Tripura can be done through the official website of DME Tripura.
- The link for the online registration for MBBS course in Tripura will be active on the homepage of DMER website.
- NEET-UG roll number is mandatory to activate the online application form.
- The candidates must fill all the details carefully so that their application is not rejected due to incorrect details.
- After filling the application form, pay the counselling fee of Rs. 600 (Rs. 300 for reserved category).
- The counselling fee payment should be done on offline mode.
- Draw an SBI DD of Rs. 600/ Rs. 300 in favour of Director of Medical Education – Tripura payable at Agartala.
- Take the printout of the application form.
Tripura MBBS Counselling Process 2019:
- Candidates who registered for the counselling will be called rank-wise.
- Candidates must attend the counselling with all the mandatory documents.
- The admission authority will conduct the certificate verification process.
- The candidates will be allowed to choose and lock the preferences.
- Wait for the seat allotment results.
Documents Required for Tripura MBBS Counselling 2019:
The candidates must submit the following documents at the time of counselling: -
- NEET-UG 2019 Admit Card
- NEET-UG Scorecard 2019
- Class 10 Mark Sheet or Certificate
- Class 12 Certificate or Mark Sheet
- Domicile Certificate/ Residence Certificate
- Caste/ Category Certificate
- Printout of Application Form
- Demand Draft
Also Read: Goa MBBS Admissions 2019
Tripura MBBS Admissions Selection Process:
After the counselling process, DME Tripura prepares the seat allotment list and upload the same on the official website. The selection is purely based on NEET-UG 2019 merit. Selected candidates must report to DME Tripura to confirm the admission. At the same time, the candidates must deposit the course fee. After the fee payment, DME will issue an admission letter and the candidates must report to the college within the stipulated date.
If seats are vacant, DME will hold second round to fill the vacant seats. Candidates who did not take part in the first round are not eligible for the second round.
Stay tuned to CollegeDekho for the latest Tripura MBBS admission news and updates.