Get details on Fee, Cut off marks, admission process for session 2019.
The management has magnanimously initiated scholarships for both UG & PG students to motivate curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular activities to bring out their talents.
- No major disciplinary action either in the hostel or in the college.
- No fine due to attendance
- Minimum internal mark requirements : -
Academic Performance : 17 out of 20 (Under Anna University Scheme)
: 25 out of 30 for UG and 34 out of 40 for PG (Under Mepco R2013 Autonomous Regulation)
: 34 out of 40 for UG and 42 out of 50 for PG (Under Mepco R2015 Autonomous Regulation) - Sports and Other extra-curricular activities : 15 out of 20 (Under University Scheme)
: 22 out of 30 (Under Mepco R2013 Autonomous Regulation)
: 30 out of 40 (Under Mepco R2015 Autonomous Regulation)
Passed in First Attempt.
A good character certificate from the previously studied institute.
UNDER AUTONOMOUS, MANAGEMENT SCHOLARSHIP FOR I YEAR BE/BTECH*
+2 Performance for ACADEMICS for SPORTS / FINE ARTS
Centum in Maths, Physics, Chemistry No Tuition fee + Rs.50,000 Scholarship + Rs.25,000 Scholarship for State- level medal winner
Centum in any two of Maths, Physics, No Tuition fee + Rs.25,000 Scholarship
Aggregate 190 and above out of 200 Rs.30,000 Scholarship
Aggregate 180 to 189.99 out of 200 Rs.15,000 Scholarship
Aggregate 170 to 179.99 out of 200 Rs.12,500 Scholarship for State-level medal winner
* Subject to approval from management. Students those who entered into I BE/B.Tech from 2009 to 2014 were already
been given. # Other conditions apply.
# University examination results for I semester, if announced, will also be considered.
# Applicable only to +2 passed out students in the current year – reappearance will not be considered.
MANAGEMENT SCHOLARSHIP FOR OTHER STUDENTS
- Mode of Scholarship Disposal for other students
- The University Mark is considered after the receipt of revaluation result.
- The Academic Scholarship will be awarded as follows :
- In the second year based on the marks obtained till 3rd sem.
- In the third year based on marks obtained till 5th semester
- In the fourth year marks obtained till 7th semester
- The number of scholarships will be 3/6/9 for a branch of strength 60/120/180 respectively
- Outgoing students will be receiving academic performance medals and they will not be considered for the management scholarship.
- If there is tie, then both the students will be awarded with the higher rank and the next level will fall vacant.
DETAILS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
|Rank||Scholarship amount||Applicable students|
|1||Rs. 20,000/-||All BE/BTECH, ME/MTECH, MBA, MCA|
|2||Rs. 17,500/-||All BE/BTECH, ME/MTECH, MBA, MCA|
|3||Rs. 15,000/-||All BE/BTECH, ME/MTECH, MBA, MCA|
|4||Rs. 12,500/-||BE-EEE, BE-ECE, BE-CSE and BE-Mech branch students only|
|5||Rs. 10,000/-||BE-EEE, BE-ECE, BE-CSE and BE-Mech branch students only|
|6||Rs. 9,000/-||BE-EEE, BE-ECE, BE-CSE and BE-Mech branch students only|
|7||Rs. 8,000/-||BE-ECE students only|
|8||Rs. 7,000/-||BE-ECE students only|
|9||Rs. 5,000/-||BE-ECE students only|
BEST CERTIFIED PROJECT WORK
- International-level 5 projects @ Rs.20,000 (per team)
- National-level 5 projects@ Rs.10,000 (per team)
BEST UNDER GRADATE PROJECT WORK
- One Best Project from every UG class will be awarded @Rs.10,000/- (per team) after review and declared by a panel of external and internal review members.
|National level participation/representation||top 2 students @ Rs.10,000/- each|
|State level representation||top 25 students @ Rs.7,500/- each|
|Inter University representation||top 25 students @ Rs.5,000/- each|
|University Winner||top 30 students @ Rs.5,000/- each|
|District level Winner||top 30 students @ Rs.3,000/- each|
|District level Runner||top 30 students @ Rs.2,000/- each|
FINE ARTS (DEBATE, LITERARY, DANCE, MUSIC)
|State level Winner||50 prizes @ Rs.2,000/- each|
RECIPIENT OF MANAGEMENT SCHOLARSHIP 2015
- During this year, Rs. 8.7 lakhs has been awarded as scholarship to 42 first year B.E/B.Tech Students who joined in July 2014. Also this year Rs.8.71 lakhs has been distributed to 56 students of II/III/IV year B.E./B.Tech, M.E./M.Tech, M.B.A and M.C.A in recognition of their talents in various categories like best performance in academic, best projects, sports, fine arts, etc. The complete list of students receiving the Management Scholarship is tabulated.
There are several more scholarship facilities available to the eligible students. They include:
Scholarships for Backward Classes, Most Backward Classes and Denotified Communities: The income of the BC / MBC / DNC parents / guardians shall not exceed Rs.2.5 Lakhs per annum. This scholarship is granted by the District Backward Classes Welfare Officer, Virudhunagar.
- (a) Govt. of India Post Matric Scholarship for Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribe Students: The income of the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe parents should not exceed Rs. 2.5 Lakhs per annum and the income of parents of Adi Dravida students converted to Christianity should not exceed Rs.2 Lakhs.
- (b) Government of India Scholarship SC/ST – Free Education (1st Graduation) Scholarship: The income of the scheduled caste/ scheduled tribe parents should not exceed Rs.2.5 Lakhs per annum. 1st Graduation certificate is needed. Both scholarships are granted by the District Adi Dravidar Welfare officer, Virudhunagar.
- National Merit Scholarship: This scholarship is available for all Indian citizens irrespective of the community, provided if they fulfill the following conditions: They should have received this scholarship in the higher secondary school where they studied last. They should have passed all the examinations held in the previous year and should not be in receipt of any other scholarship. These Students’ Parents/Guardians income should not exceed Rs.6 lakhs per annum.
- Deceased Government Servants’ Educational Allowances Awarded by the DTE, Chennai: This scholarship is available for all Indian citizens provided they are children of any government servants of Tamilnadu who meet with death in service and they should not be getting any other scholarship
- Chief Minister Prize Award to SC/ST Students: This scholarship will be awarded to the SC students/SC converts to Christianity, provided boys have secured 1074 marks and above in the +2 public examination and girls 1085 marks and above. The awarding authority of this scholarship is the Director of Adi Dravidar and Tribal Welfare, Chennai.
- GATE Scholarship: This Scholarship will be awarded to the PG students who have valid GATE score. The number of scholarship depends on AICTE approval.
- Farmer Social Security Scheme Scholarship: The Scholarship covers farmer's requirements such as health, education of children, hostel fees, accident relief, senior citizens' welfare and special attention for women/girl child.
- Merit cum – Means based Scholarship to Minority student: The objective of the Scheme is to provide financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students belonging to minority communities to enable them to pursue professional and technical courses.
- Beedi Employees Scholarship: The Labour Welfare Commission attached to the Union Ministry of Labour will provide scholarship assistance to wards beedi, mine and cinema workers, to enable them to continue their studies.
The Government has directed that the recipients of scholarships should normally have earned 75% of attendance. All the scholarships are liable to forfeit for misconduct and irregularity in attendance, unsatisfactory progress in studies, indiscipline, indulging in alcohol and drugs consumption, participation in mass agitation, ragging etc. Each scholarship holder should submit a declaration in the prescribed form signed by the candidate and his / her parent / guardian. The governing rules for the above scholarships may vary as per Government directives. As per Government norms when a student receives any other scholarship (private or government) he/she is not eligible to apply for another scholarship.
Interested in this college?
Top 10 Engineering Colleges in India View All
Contact Details of Mepco Schlenk Engineering College, Sivakasi
Address:Mepco Nagar, Mepco Engineering College Post-626005 Sivakasi, Tamilnadu, India