Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test - TANCET MBA 2019 is conducted by Anna University every year for admission to MBA programme offered by various colleges in Tamil Nadu. TANCET will be conducted in May 2019. The online registration for the exam is expected to begin in March or April next week.
TANCET MBA 2019 Important Dates:
|Start of TANCET 2019 Registration||1st week of April 2019|
|End of TANCET 2019 Registration||Last week of April 2019|
|TANCET MBA 2019 Exam Date||2nd week of May 2019|
|Declaration of TANCET 2019 Result||1st week of June 2019|
|Start of TANCET 2019 Counseling||July 2019|
TANCET MBA 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
To apply for TANCET MBA 2019, it is important for the candidates to meet the eligibility criteria for the same, it is only then the candidates will be allowed to appear in the entrance test. Listed below are the eligibility criteria for TANCET 2019.
- Candidate should be at least 18 years in age to appear in the entrance test. There is no upper age limit for TANCET 2019.
- Candidates must have a recognized bachelor degree or an equivalent in the relevant with a minimum of 50% aggregate (general category) and 45% for the candidates of the reserved category.
- Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in one the following categories --
- 10+2+3/4 years pattern
- 10+3 years Diploma +3 years pattern
- 10+3 years diploma (awarded by a State Board of Technical Education to the student) + AMIE*
- Candidates who are in the final semester of qualifying degree except for courses like AIME may also apply for TANCET 2019.
- Other candidates of Tamil Nadu may also appear in the exam but the eligibility criteria will be specified by the admission officers.
Note* Candidates who have obtained their B.E./B.Tech degree through distance learning are not eligible for TANCET MBA 2019. Also, candidates with a degree obtained without studying class 10th,12th or the 3 years degree programme are not eligible.
TANCET MBA 2019 Syllabus:
TANCET MBA 2019 will have the following sections to evaluate candidates:
- Candidate’s ability to critically identify the data and apply the data to decisions in typical business situations.
- To check the answering abilities of the candidates based on the passages in the comprehension.
- To test the candidate's written English by including grammar usage, punctuation, and error based questions.
- To evaluate the candidate's skill in solving mathematical problems of plus two and graduate level.
TANCET MBA Exam Pattern 2019:
|Course Name||Total Number of Questions||Duration||Marks for Every Right Answer||Negative Marking for Every Wrong Answer||Maximum Marks|
Note: Multiple shading in the TANCET MBA exam will be considered as the wrong answer.
How to Apply for TANCET MBA 2019?
- Candidates can apply for TANCET 2019 through an online application form with a good quality recently taken photography. The application process usually starts between March - April.
- Candidates can register for TANCET 2019 by visiting the official website. After filling in the application form take the print out of the form along with the required demand draft and photocopies of documents which are to be sent to TANCET, Secretary, Centre of Entrance Examinations, Anna University, Chennai, 600025.
- The demand draft should be drawn in the favour of the authority -- The Secretary, TANCET Exam, Anna University, Chennai payable at Chennai (Tamil Nadu).
TANCET MBA 2019 Registration & Application Form:
The entrance fee for TANCET 2019 is Rs. 500. In case, the candidate is registering for more than 1 programme, they will be required to pay Rs. 500 (general category) and Rs. 250 for SCA/SC/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu state.
TANCET MBA 2019 Admit Card:
- Candidates can download the TANCET admit card by visiting the official website of the Anna University.
- Candidates are required to enter the registered email ID as well as password to download the admit card.
TANCET Admit Card will contain the following:
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number of candidate
- Exam venue, Time and Date
Note*- In case, an error is printed on the admit card of the candidate, they must contact the conducting body immediately.
- If the admit card is found lost after the test, a duplicate hall ticket can be obtained only on a payment of Rs. 100/- Demand Draft, with a written request to The Secretary, TANCET Exam, Anna University, Chennai (Tamil Nadu)– 600 025, indicating the Registration No. or the Application No. along with the Name of the Examination Centre.
- TANCET admit card is an important document and it is mandatory to carry it to the exam hall. The appearing candidates will not be allowed in the entrance examination without the admit card copy.
- The Registration Number mentioned in the Hall Ticket will needed to be entered at the appropriate place in the admission application form to be filled with the respective admitting authority later.
TANCET MBA 2019 Result:
The results of TANCET 2019 are declared online in the month of June. The candidates can check their scores and download the scorecard by using their respective email ID as well as password.
Steps to Check TANCET MBA 2019 Result:
- To download the TANCET scorecard, log on to the official website of TANCET.
- Click on the result tab and your email ID and password.
- Click on download tab and download the same for future reference.
Note* The scorecards will be available for download for a limited period.
TANCET MBA 2019 Scorecard:
- The TANCET scorecard will contain all the necessary information about the student such as name, roll number, sectional and overall scores.
- The candidates will be shortlisted for counselling on the basis of marks scored in TANCET 2019 and the final selection will be done on the basis of combined score of written test and counselling.
TANCET MBA 2019 Counseling:
Post the declaration of TANCET MBA 2019 result, a merit list of qualified candidates will be released on the basis of which counselling will be held. The TANCET 2019 counselling will be conducted in July/ August. However, counselling dates may vary from college to college.
To participate in the TANCET Counselling process, candidates will be required to carry the following documents:
- TANCET 2019 Score Card
- Class 10th & 12th Mark Sheet
- Identity Proof ( Aadhar Card/ Voter ID/ Driving License/ Passport or any other ID proof issued by GoI)
- Domicile Certificate (If Applicable)
- Address Proof
- Caste Certificate (If Applicable)
- Recent Passport Size Photographs
TANCET MBA 2019 Exam Centre:
TANCET MBA 2019 will be conducted in all the major cities of Tamil Nadu. Listed below are all the exam centres:
Top MBA Colleges Accepting TANCET MBA 2019 Score:
Anna University, Chennai
Kongu Engineering College, Chennai
Builders Engineering College Tirupur
For more exam updates and information about TANCET MBA 2019, Stay tuned to Collegedekho!