- CAT 2023 Latest Updates
- List of MBA Colleges Accepting 70-80 Percentile in CAT 2023
- Other Popular Non-IIM Institutes Accepting 70-80 Percentile in CAT 2023
- Eligibility Criteria at MBA Colleges Accepting 70-80 Percentile in CAT …
- Other Criteria for Admission to MBA Colleges Accepting 70-80 Percentile …
- How to Select MBA College Accepting 70-80 Percentile in CAT …
- Selection Process of MBA Colleges Accepting 70-80 Percentile in CAT …
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
Colleges Accepting CAT Score 70-80 Percentile: Scoring anything less than 95 percentile in CAT means that you may have to face tough competition for admissions in the IIMs. In case you are unable to make a cut to the top MBA colleges, you will still have the option to apply for admission to other reputed B-schools accepting 70-80 percentile in CAT 2023. In this article, we are going to provide you with a list of MBA colleges accepting 70-80 percentile in CAT 2023, along with other important details. Have a look at the CAT percentile-wise colleges to understand which one is your best pick! Check out the CAT 2023 question paper, answer key and the CAT 2023 slot-wise analysis below:
|CAT 2023 Question Paper Analysis Slot 2|
Also Read: What is a Good CAT 2023 Score/ Percentile?
CAT 2023 Latest Updates
Check out the memory-based questions for CAT Slot 1 Question Paper 2023 and download the PDF for the same!
The CAT Slot 1 Answer Key 2023 made by experts has been released!
Check out the CAT Slot 2 Question Paper 2023 now available, download the PDF for the same!
Check out the answers to the memory-based question for CAT Slot 2 question paper on the CAT Slot 2 Answer Key 2023 made by experts!
Find the CAT Slot 3 Question Paper 2023 and download the PDF of memory-based questions for the same!
The CAT Slot 3 Answer Key 2023 is now available! Candidates who appeared for CAT 2023 Slot 3 can check the answer to the question paper!
List of MBA Colleges Accepting 70-80 Percentile in CAT 2023
Here is a list of some of the top B-Schools in India for candidates who score 70-80 percentile in the CAT 2023 exam.
Name of the College
Other Entrance Exams Accepted
NL Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research
PGDM – Finance/ Marketing/ HR
Gautam Buddha Nagar (Uttar Pradesh)
VIT MBA Entrance Exam
Lucknow & Jaipur
Harihar & Pune
Other Popular Non-IIM Institutes Accepting 70-80 Percentile in CAT 2023
Here is a list of some other popular MBA colleges accepting CAT score 70-80 percentile:
Name of the Institute
INR 8.64 - 12.76 lakhs
INR 7.20 lakhs
INR 5.96 lakhs
INR 4.66 lakhs
INR 2.52 lakhs
INR 22.50 lakhs
INR 7.16 lakhs
INR 3.20 lakhs
INR 1.40 - 2.20 lakhs
INR 5.96 lakhs
INR 2,00,000 - INR 4,88,000
INR 6,01,000 - INR 8,00,000
Eligibility Criteria at MBA Colleges Accepting 70-80 Percentile in CAT 2023
- You will need to have completed a bachelor's degree from a recognized institution or university in any discipline. While some colleges may have specific requirements for the type of degree, it's generally accepted that candidates with a bachelor's degree in any field are eligible to apply.
- The minimum marks required in the bachelor's degree will range between 50% to 60%, depending on the college and the category of the candidate (General, SC/ST, OBC, etc.). This criterion is essential for ensuring that candidates have a strong academic background and are capable of coping with the rigours of an MBA program.
- A valid CAT score in the range of 70-80 percentile is mandatory. This score is a standardized measure of a candidate's aptitude and is used by colleges to assess their potential to succeed in the program.
- Having prior work experience is always an advantage, especially for those applying for Executive MBA or Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) programs. This is because work experience demonstrates a candidate's ability to apply knowledge in a real-world setting and can enhance their learning experience in the program.
Also Read: What After CAT 2023? Here are Important Things To Do
Other Criteria for Admission to MBA Colleges Accepting 70-80 Percentile in CAT 2023
The top MBA colleges accepting 70-80 percentile in CAT 2023 have reduced the weightage of the CAT score in the final selection process and increased it for other parameters. Therefore, in addition to your CAT percentile, the following factors are crucial for earning a final admission offer:
- Academic Background: A 20–30% weightage is given to candidates scoring 90% and higher marks from Class 10 onwards.
- Work Background: A relevant job experience of 2-3 years is given a weightage of 5-10% in the final selection process for admission to MBA programmes.
- Non-Engineering Background: Academic diversity is crucial to fetch you an additional 2-5% weightage when applying for admission at the top MBA institutes.
- Gender Diversity: A weightage between 3-5% or above is provided to female candidates in the final admissions process to the top MBA colleges.
How to Select MBA College Accepting 70-80 Percentile in CAT 2023?
If you are struggling to choose an MBA college that accepts CAT scores between the 70-80 percentile, there are certain prerequisites that you should keep in mind before making a final decision.
- Firstly, ensure that the MBA or PGDM program that you choose is approved by AICTE or recognized by UGC.
- Check for the detailed fee structure of the college. Make sure you can afford the fees, and if not, look for available scholarships or financial aid.
- It is highly recommended to thoroughly review the programs offered by different B-Schools before applying for admission.
- Choose an institute that has a proven track record of successful placements and an increasing average salary package.
- Opt for a college that has highly skilled and research-focused faculty members, as their expertise will help you gain a better understanding of the subject matter.
- In addition to the quality of education, the campus of the institute must also be taken into consideration. Look for an institute that is well-maintained, furnished with the latest textbooks, and equipped with a library, wi-fi, and other amenities that promote learning.
- Finally, it is advisable to select an MBA college that offers on-campus housing, as this will help you focus on your studies without worrying about lodging arrangements.
Selection Process of MBA Colleges Accepting 70-80 Percentile in CAT 2023
Candidates applying to colleges accepting CAT score 70-80 percentile need to be well-prepared for the selection process. Apart from recognizing CAT scores, some business schools also conduct their own admissions tests. While some provide MBA admission without an entrance exam. If you are well-prepared and pass the GD-PI-WAT round, getting accepted into MBA programmes at universities accepting 70-80 percentile is not an uphill task. So, stay focused on your studies and secure admission to your desired B-schools through the following steps:
- Get ready for the selection process
- Appear for additional entrance exams
If you believe that getting admission to a premier institute depends solely on passing the entrance exam, you should reconsider. Major institutions now give other factors a lot of weightage. You can create a good preparation plan by being aware of the admissions requirements for the specific B-School in advance. At present, the most elite B-Schools have made changes in their admission process and replaced the Group Discussion (GD) rounds with the Writing Ability Test (WAT). Hence, it is advised to the candidates to keep themselves well-informed about the selection processes conducted in their desired B-Schools.
The different exam conducting authorities have already released the dates for popular MBA entrance exams. The candidates can keep track of the schedule of popular MBA entrance exams here so that they do not miss the important events and dates of these exams. Students can appear for multiple exams to enhance their knowledge as well as improve their chances of getting admission to the top B-schools in India.
CAT 2023 has been conducted on November 26, 2023. Once the CAT result 2023 is out, candidates can start applying to MBA colleges in India. To apply to multiple MBA colleges based on your CAT 2023 percentile, you can fill up the Common Application Form (CAF), which will enable you to apply to multiple MBA colleges in India with a single form.