Bengaluru, the city of gardens, is also known as the hub for IT Industry and engineering colleges.There are a number of good colleges located around here and deciding upon one to pursue studies could be a tough task.
This article attempts to make it easier by putting forth a listing of the top 9 !!
Bengaluru surely is the ultimate destination for the aspirants when a degree of engineering is being considered as the ultimate goal by any aspirant. The best college among equals is decided by factors which are exemplified by faculty quality, infrastructure, industry interface, placement, as well as the research outputs that are available in that particular institute.
On the given parameters the best 10 would be:
1. BMS College of Engineering: The BMS (Businayana Mukundadas Sreenivasaiah) College of Engineering is an autonomous college of engineering in Bengaluru. It has the Evening College too, which is a non-autonomous college, and works under the Visvesvaraya Technological University, VTU. This college started in 1946 under the supervision of Mr. BM Sreenivasiah, and even as this is a private engineering college, the funding is partially done by the Government of Karnataka
2. R.V. College of Engineering: The Rashtreeya Vidyalaya College of Engineering i.e. RVCE or R.V. College of Engineering, is a private technical college was established in 1963. The college has eleven departments dedicated to engineering, one department of Master of Computer Applications, while there is one school for architecture. Many student projects of this college are supported by Indian Space Research Organization.
3. International Institute of Information Technology Bengaluru (IIIT-B): The International Institute of Information Technology, was established in 1999 and is a Deemed University. It holds the vision of contributing to the world of Information Technology by being focused on entrepreneurship, innovation, and education and research. After its inception, IIIT-B has grown in leaps and bounds and it is a registered no-profit making institute jointly funded by IT industry, and the Government of India.
4. PES University: The People’s Education Society (PES) University was established in 1972 and it has four main areas of education to focus on i.e. Engineering, Life Sciences, Management, and Medicine. Specialization as well as foundation courses are offered by the institutions. Originally, it was named as PES Institute of Technology, but got its present name only in 2013.
5. Bangalore Institute of Technology (BIT): The Bangalore Institute of Technology was founded in August, 1979 and it offers various undergraduate and graduate courses in engineering. It is affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University. The Institute finds itself located in the middle of the ‘Silicon Valley of India’ i.e. Bangalore, which is also called as the ‘Electronic City’. The institute has the vital modern facilities of infrastructure.
6. University Visveswaraya College of Engineering: The University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering was established in 1917 (it carried the name ‘Government Engineering College’) by Bharat Ratna Sir M Visveshvara, and further, it was affiliated to the University of Mysore. After its formation, the college has grown manifold and has many courses of technical education like B.E., M.Sc. (Engineering), M.E., PhD, and B.Arch.
7. M. S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology (MSRIT): It was Late Dr. M. S. Ramaiah who was an educationist, infrastructure visionary, as also a philanthropist founded the MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology in 1962, with the aim of imparting engineering education to the students who were not exposed to this type of opportunity. The institute has consistently been delivering professional edification of supreme quality and it is a part of the Gokula Education.
8. Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology: Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology (also referred to as Sir MVIT) is named after this well-known Statesman, Engineer, and a former Diwan of Mysore. It was founded and established in 1986 by the Sri Krishnadevaraya Educational Trust and provides education in the technical field. This institute is also affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University.
9. R.N. Shetty Institute of Technology: The R.N. Shetty Institute of Technology (RNSIT) was established in 2001, and is affiliated to Visveshvara Technological University. Apart from RNSIT, there are many other edification institutes that are run by the R. N. Shetty Trust with the basic aim of providing good quality of education to all the sections of the society. Further, RNSIT is counted as one among the top ten engineering institutions of Karnataka.