At Ananda Mohan College, the students are endowed with modern infra and convenient amenities that make their life 'go easy' in college hours, alongside make learning more interesting. Some of the facilities include well ventilated classrooms, recreational areas, hostel facility for boys and girls, indoor and outdoor games, stocked library, seamless internet connectivity, medical facilities etc.
- Comp. Lab
- Medical Fac.
- Cls. Room
- Recreation Room
Students Activities & Clubs
National Cadet Corps (NCC), is an interservice organization under the Ministry of Defence, Government of India. We have a fully functional Senior Division NCC Company (No. 5/33) of Army wing under the supervision of Captain Biplab Patra. We impart 2-year institutional training which includes physical exercise, weapon training and firing, map reading, adventure training and theoretical classes on different aspects of Indian Army to train Indian youth for future. Besides, we organize community development programmes like rallies against social evils, village adoption, tree plantation, blood donation camp, and anti-plastic awareness campaigns. Through NCC, cadets may participate in different NCC Training Camps like ATC, LRD, RD, NIC, TREKKING, CATC, RAFTING, MOUNTAINEERING, PARACHUTE CLIMBING etc for their all-round development. Truly, NCC is a platform for academic, social and professional excellence. So let’s join in NCC to achieve success in every step of life.
The NCC unit of Ananda Mohan College has been active since its formation in 2005. At present the company has 160 Cadets under the command of (ANO) Captain Biplab Patra. The unit has participated in many camps at state and national level, Prime Miniters Rally, social service campigns. Significant number of Cadets received B as well as C certificates. One of our Cadet has also been awarded with prestigiuos Governor’s Medal.NSS
Ananda Mohan College has a functional unit of National Service Scheme (NSS) under Calcutta University to impart 2-year institutional training to NSS volunteers. We conduct community services and social orientation programms through NSS activities like promotion of voluntary blood donation and prevention of AIDS, survey of slum area, campus cleaning, tree plantation and environmental awareness and setting-up of health awareness camp with free health check-up facilities.
The college acknowledges the importance of inculcating value-education into the students’ mindsets and making them aware of, and sensitive to, various social and socio-economic issues affecting the society at large. The highlights of the initiatives and the achievements in these areas under NSS scheme are furnished hereinunder.
- The NSS unit has taken initiatives for education of slum children in association with Durbar Mahila Samanway Samiti in 2011-12 at “Indubala Abashik Vidyalaya”, Neheru Colony, Dakhsindari, Kolkata.
- Celebrated 100 years of International Women’s Day at Shradhananda Park and setup ?a stall at this occasion to aware people about Sexually Transmitted Diseases. This programme was organised in association with Durbar Mahila Swamannay Committee, of 12/5 Nilmani Mitra Street, Kolkata 700 006.
- Blood donation camps organised by the NSS and Students Union in 2012.
- Health camps were organised by the NSS unit in 2010-11.
- Cleaning of Maidan “The lungs of Calcutta” in 2011-12.