Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
NEET Mop-Up Counselling 2022: The Mop-up round is the third round of NEET counselling where candidates who could not manage to get a seat in the first two rounds of counselling are allotted the remaining seats (if any), on the basis of their ranks and NEET 2022 scorecard. Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) conducts the counselling for the NEET Mop-up round and candidates can check their respective details on MCC’s official website i.e. mcc.nic.in. Every participating college will only allow the AIQ category of 15% of the total seats and the rest of 85% will be reserved for state quotas where state medical colleges will take in candidates who belong to the respective states.
NEET 2022: Counselling Highlights
Check the tabular form of NEET 2022 Counselling Highlights here:
Name of the examination
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test
Exam conducting body
National Testing Agency (NTA)
Frequency of the exam conducted
Once a year
Mode of Application Submission
Offline (using pen and paper)
Duration of exam
Application fees for NEET exam
Total number of available seats
Counselling Conducting Body
DGHS (Director-General of Health Services) on behalf of MCC (Medical Counselling Committee)
Official website for NEET counselling
NEET Mop-up Counselling 2022: Eligibility Criteria
NEET 2022 Mop-up Round registration is yet to begin. The mop-round is slightly different from the 1st and 2nd rounds of counselling. Therefore, it is advised that candidates have a look at the NEET Mop-Up round eligibility to avoid any confusion:
- Only those candidates who have qualified for the NEET 2021 are eligible to participate in the mop-round.
- In any state, irrespective of their domicile, NEET eligible candidates can participate in the mop-up round against the vacant seats reserved to states through 15 per cent quota.
- Candidates who have participated in NEET Counselling but have not obtained a seat in the previous rounds can also appear in the Mop-Up Round.
- Unlike earlier, to participate in the Mop-up round, candidates will have to register fresh and complete the choice filling process as well.
NEET 2021 Counselling: Registrations
The Medical Counselling Committee conducts the process of counselling for the 15% All India Quota (AIQ) seats whereas the state counselling authorities are responsible for conducting the counselling for 85% of state quota seats. Candidates who have qualified for NEET can apply for both the counselling processes and it is done for getting admitted to all the medical colleges that are participating in the NEET counselling in India.
The centralised counselling is conducted by MCC for the NEET candidates belonging to all categories. However, it is important to note that Jammu and Kashmir are not considered to be a part of the counselling process.
NEET Mop-up Counselling 2022: How To Participate
Qualified candidates must follow the steps mentioned below in order to participate in the NEET 2022 Mop-Up Round:-
- Step 1: Check the seat matrix available at different medical and dental colleges in order to secure admission.
- Step 2: Fill out the online form on the official website of MCC and fill in your preference. We advise you to carefully fill in and select your preferences because they can not be changed once they have been filled.
- Step 3: After selecting all the choices as per the merit list, the officials will declare the seat allotment result.
- Step 4:Once the seats are allocated and the result is declared, report for further formalities to the allocated institution.
Please note that the list of stray vacancies will be sent to the Deemed Universities after the mop-up round. After that, at these universities, the final vacancy round will be conducted and the vacant seat will be filled on a merit basis.
NEET Mop-up Counselling 2022: Important Documents Required
Here is the list of important documents required for the counselling round:
Class 10th & 12th Certificate or
Intermediate Passing Certificate
Class 10th & 12th Marksheet
Category Certificate (If applicable)
NEET 2021 Admit Card
NEET 2021 Rank Card
Provisional Allotment Letter
Passport size photograph (six copies)
NEET 2022: Mop-up round process
Once the date for the NEET UG mop-up round is released by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC), candidates will be able to register themselves for the mop-up round. The choice filling round begins before the mop-up round and whatever seats are left vacant after the first two rounds of counselling for NEET will be filled up in the mop-up round.
Candidates who wish to participate in the mop-up round will have to register themselves as the authority will only cater to pre-registered candidates. No fresh candidates will be accepted in this round of counselling. Before the process of registration begins for the mop-up round, the MCC also releases the list of vacant seats in different medical colleges and institutes.
NEET Mop-up Round: Previous year’s trend
The final result for NEET mop-up round 2021-22 was declared on March 24. A total number of 4,880 candidates were able to get seats in MBBS, BDS and B.Sc. Nursing courses. On March 23rd, 2022, the provisional results were declared on March 23.
Here is a brief on seat allotment based on different programs in the NEET Mop-up round 2021
Name of programme
Number of Candidates
For further updates on NEET UG 2022, keep following CollegeDekho!