DAV College, Kanpur owns a beautiful campus incorporating all vital requirements for the students as well as faculties. Spacious classrooms equipped with all necessary aids are utilized for delivering lectures. The college believes that a library acts as an enormous database of precious knowledge. So, it maintains a relatively spacious library containing a large number of books and periodicals related to different subjects. The library is maintained and managed by the Library Advisory Committee of 23 members. The college also supports NCC and NSS programs, to cultivate a responsible and serving behavior in the students. The college also understands the importance of sports in one’s life and hence promotes various sports on the campus along, with encouraging the students to participate in state and national level competitions. Various scholarships are also provided to the needy students.
Area 17 Acres
Hostel Facility True
Total Course 55
- AV Lab
- Boys Hostel
- Computer Lab
Students Activities & Clubs
The routine activities of NCC as Drill Parade, Arms Training, First Aid, Map Reading, Camp Training, Weapon Training, Physical Fitness etc. our cadets have opportunities to participate in various adventures activities as Para trouping, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Sailing Expedition, Trekking and various Social Awareness Programs.
NSS was formally launched on 24th September, 1969, the birth centenary year of Mahatma Gandhi, the Father of the Nation. Therefore, 24 September is celebrated every year as NSS Day marked by community service and awareness proagrammes.
To enable the students to develop a constructive attitude towards the community in which they live and work.
- To develop an understanding of themselves in relation to their community.
- To identify the needs and problems in the community and to seek solution to those problems.
- To infuse in themselves a strong sense of social and civic responsibility.
- To develop competence required for group living and sharing responsibilities.
- To develop leadership qualities and democratic attitude.
- To work towards capacity building in order to meet emergencies and disasters
- To uphold national integration by spreading the message of universal fraternity.