Get details on Fee, Cut off marks, admission process for session 2019.
Since this college is located in a financially challenged zone, scholarships often become a necessity for meritorious yet economically backward students. Budge Budge College boasts of a plethora of scholarships for helping students progress in their careers without any major financial hindrances.
- The Chief Minister Relief Fund which has been active in this college since 2011-2012 is a major form of assistance through which students scoring 60 % in Higher Secondary can apply for a certain amount of stipend from first through third year. In the 2015- 2016 session alone,71 applications have been submitted under this scheme.
- The Jindal Group Scholarships provide another avenue for meritorious students to continue learning without any financial worries.
- LIC Officials’ wards receive a certain scholarship in this college , as does
- Factory Workers’ wards
LIC Officials’ wards and Factory Workers’ wards are area-based scholarships, that is, scholarships typical to this college where a large section of the student population hail from factory workers’ and LIC workers’ families.
- Ramakrishna Mission is also one of the benefactors in the field of providing student scholarships.
- Last but not the least, in fact, a formidable section of the students is benefitted by the caste-related scholarships available for SC and ST.
Keeping at par with the Central and State Government’s visions to ensure equal opportunities for minority communities, the college has a scholarship scheme to support these beneficiary groups. The Central Government ensures scholarship for students securing more than 50 percent whereas the state government secures a minority stipend for students scoring below 50 percent. In our college, this scheme is in operation since 2014.
In the last academic session (2015 – 2016), the college got an overwhelming response from the target groups. The total number of Bachelor of Arts Students applying for this scheme was 816. Of them 294 had applied online whereas 522 had applied offline. The total number of Bachelor of Science Students applying for this scheme was 61. Of them 38 had applied online whereas 23 had applied offline. The total number of Bachelor of Commerce Students applying for this scheme was 47. Of them 25 had applied online whereas 22 had applied offline.
In future, the college aims to uphold a more simplified, mission-oriented, accountable, responsive and transparent system for faster and effective disposal of scholarship applications that fall under the aegis of this college under this category.
The Kanyashree scheme of this college started in the year 2013. The chief aim of this scheme is to make the girl students self reliant and to boost up their capacity to continue their education. As it is evident from its nomenclature that the only girl students fall under this scheme. College students fall under K2 scheme of Kanyashree as mentioned by Government of West Bengal. They get consolidated INR Rs 25000/- in the three year degree course and the criteria is
- Family income should be less than Rs. one lakh, twenty thousand per annum and
- They must be single in terms of marital status.
Interested in this college?
Other Popular Arts Colleges in Kolkata View All
Top 10 Arts Colleges in India View All
Contact Details of Budge Budge College, Kolkata
Contact No:+91-033-24701454 , +91-033 24805168
Address:7, Deshbandhu Chittaranjan Road, Budge Budge 24 Parganas (South), Kolkata - 700137