- About Odisha B.Tech Admissions 2021
- Entrance Exams Accepted by Odisha Engineering Coll..
- Odisha B.Tech Admissions Important Dates 2021
- Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Admissions in Odis..
- Odisha Engineering (B.E/ B.Tech) Admission Procedu..
- Odisha Engineering (B.E./B.Tech) Procedure for Web..
- Odisha Engineering (B.E/B.Tech) 1st Round Seat All..
- Odisha Engineering (B.E./B.Tech) 2nd Round Seat Al..
- Odisha Engineering (B.E./B.Tech) Final Seat Allotm..
- Important Instructions for the Odisha B.Tech Final..
- List of Documents Required for Odisha B.Tech Seat ..
- Odisha B.Tech Admission Reservation Policy 2021
- Top B.Tech Colleges in Odisha
Confused about your exam or college applications?
Be the First to Know
Get Access to Latest Updates
From 2021, all the candidates aspiring for B.Tech admission in Odisha should appear for JEE Main exam, and there is no OJEE for B.Tech admissions. However, candidates aspiring for lateral entry B.Tech admission should appear for OJEE. Odisha is considered one of the popular knowledge hubs among students as it is home to some of the prestigious engineering colleges of the country like IIT, NIT, government colleges and others. OJEEB is only conducted first-year B.Tech admissions in Odisha but is also responsible for lateral entry into various undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
In the past few years, Odisha B.Tech colleges have emerged as a popular choice among students due to the quality of education, training and placement opportunities. Engineering colleges in Odisha focus on the holistic development of the students to make them job-ready. The online application form for B.Tech admission in Odisha will be available in the month of January. Odisha B.Tech aspirants can check all the necessary details to Odisha B.Tech admissions such as entrance exams, eligibility, selection process, fees, and important dates here.
About Odisha B.Tech Admissions 2021
Odisha B.Tech Admissions 2021 usually starts in the month of January. OJEEB released the online application forms for OJEE 2021 in January. OJEE 2021 exam will be conducted in the first week of June 2021. For candidates who do not qualify JEE Main 2021, a special OJEE 2021 exam will be organised. Online applications for special OJEE 2021 will start in the 4th week of June 2021. The entrance exam will be the one-hour duration and will be conducted in July. Go through the rest of the article to learn the full details of B.Tech admissions in Odisha.
Entrance Exams Accepted by Odisha Engineering Colleges 2021
Engineering colleges in Odisha accept different entrance exam scores for B.Tech admissions. Some institutes such as Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar (IIT-Bhubaneswar) & National Institute of Technology Rourkela (NITR) accept JEE Main 2021 score. Whereas other private and government engineering colleges in Odisha accept OJEE 2021 score. The entrance exam scores accepted by Odisha Engineering colleges are as follows:
Odisha B.Tech Admissions Important Dates 2021
As JEE Main score is accepted for B.Tech admissions in Odisha, please click on the link below to check the dates of JEE Main -
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech Admissions in Odisha 2021
The eligibility criteria for B.Tech Admissions Odisha is given below. Some B.Tech colleges in Odisha consider JEE Main scores whereas other OJEE scores. The table below has eligibility criteria details for both JEE (Mains) and OJEE entrance exams.
Eligibility Criteria for JEE ( Mains)
Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board in India.
Candidates must have opted Physics, Mathematics and any one of the Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology as technical vocational subjects in class 12th.
Minimum Marks in Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have passed their qualifying examination (12th standard examination) with a minimum of 45% marks and 40% for reserved category candidates.
Eligibility Criteria for OJEE
Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have passed Class 12th or any equivalent examination to be eligible for OJEE 2021
Age Criteria: The lower age limit for this course is 17 years as on December 31, 2019. As proof of their age, candidates must submit H.S.C. or equivalent certificate during certificate verification at the time of OJEE Counselling.
Also Read: Check out the complete list of Odisha B.Tech Colleges here.
Odisha Engineering (B.E/ B.Tech) Admission Procedure 2021
Admission to some of the engineering colleges in Odisha is done on the basis of JEE (Mains) while other B.Tech colleges in Odisha consider OJEE scores for admissions. Some of the important stages involved in the B.Tech admission procedure of Odisha are elaborated below:
- Odisha B.Tech Admissions begin once candidates have registered themselves and filled in their choices.
- Candidates who want to participate in Odisha B.Tech admissions are required to pay a registration fee of Rs.450. The registration fee is non-refundable.
- Once the candidates are done with the choice filling process, they will be given choice locking facility.
- After which the 1st round of allotment will be released. Allotted candidates then have to deposit part admission fee and report at the nodal centres for document verification.
- Candidates who have not been allotted should wait for further results and subsequent counselling rounds.
- Allotted candidates have to pay a part of the admission fee. Reserved category candidates have to pay Rs.5,000/ (For SC, ST and PC) whereas general category candidates have to pay Rs.10,000.
- Once the candidates have paid the fees, they will be called for document verification.
- The candidate has to submit one copy of Rank card at nodal centre during the document verification process.
However, all the allotted candidates who do not participate in the document verification round will not be allowed to participate in Odisha B.Tech counselling.
Odisha Engineering (B.E./B.Tech) Procedure for Web Counselling 2021
The Odisha B.Tech web counselling has various steps involved. All the candidates who take part it Odisha web counselling has to follow all the steps mentioned below:
Odisha B.Tech Web Counselling Process
Step1: Odisha B.Tech aspirants have to register themselves for the web counselling. Candidates will be required to enter their roll number and date of birth. Click on the submit button to proceed further.
Step 2: Once the candidate has clicked on the submit button they will be required to fill in some new fields such as an address, mobile number for future communication. Candidates are requested to give a valid phone number as the OTP will be sent on the same number. Now the candidate has to enter the password and again re-enter the same password to confirm the same.
Step 3: If any entry is found to be incorrect by the candidate they can edit the same as they cannot edit any information once they move to the next page.After that candidates take a printout of the Registration Slip as they will be required to produce the same at the Nodal Centre during document verification.
Step 4: Candidate has to pay Rs.450/. It is the Odisha B.Tech counselling registration fee. The same can be paid in online mode.
Odisha Engineering (B.E/B.Tech) 1st Round Seat Allotment 2021
The Odisha engineering seat allotment will be done on the basis of the candidates rank, choice and category of the candidate. Odisha B.Tech aspirants will be informed about the 1st round seat allotment through the SMS service. In case of the auto up-gradation system, the candidate will be automatically promoted to upper choice in the next round of Odisha seat allotments.
Odisha Engineering (B.E./B.Tech) 2nd Round Seat Allotment 2021
Odisha B.Tech aspirants looking forward to the second round of seat allotment will be notified about the same through OJEE website and newspapers. The Odisha B.Tech second round of seat allotment will provide candidates with a chance to upgrade to higher priority choice or same. This will depend upon the choice number, candidates rank and availability of the seat. Candidates who were not allotted seats in the Odisha 1st round seat allotment may also secure a seat. All the newly allotted candidates will be required to pay the partly admission fee and visit the Nadal centre for document verification.
Note*- In case any candidate plans to withdraw from the OJEE 2021 seat allotment round will have to visit the Nodal Centre. In the withdrawal process, they will be refunded their registration fee.
Odisha Engineering (B.E./B.Tech) Final Seat Allotment 2021
The Odisha B.Tech final seat allotment will provide all the candidates who have been previously allotted a seat to get a final allotment. All the finally allotted candidates (except the newly allotted candidates) are then required to report at their respective allotted colleges with the final allotment letter and the fee deposit slip.
Important Instructions for the Odisha B.Tech Final Allotment Letter 2021
- The auto upgradation in Odisha B.Tech admission implies that the candidates will be automatically upgraded to the higher choice.
- Candidates are advised to mention their category and subcategory carefully and to provide all the supporting documents in respect to their category and subcategory.
- For the Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW) candidates will have to submit the income certificate as per the format is given in the Odisha counselling brochure.
- Candidates who have already been allotted seat in the previous seat allotment round do not have to visit the nodal centre for document verification if they are already done with the same process (during the time of upgradation).
List of Documents Required for Odisha B.Tech Seat Allotment 2021
Given below is the list of documents required during the document verification at Nodal centre:
- Original Rank Card
- Original Registration Slip
- Birth Certificate/relevant certificate showing the D.O.B.
- 10 + 2 Pass certificate
- School Leaving / College Leaving Certificate
- Domicile Certificate Odisha
- Original SC / ST certificate by birth- If Applicable
- Original Certificate of Ex-serviceman- If Applicable
- Original Certificate in support of NRI
- Income certificate for TFW candidates
Odisha B.Tech Admission Reservation Policy 2021
Check out the Odisha B.Tech admission reservation policy is in the table given below:
|Physically Challenged||5% ( in each category)|
|Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW)||Up to 5%|
|Oriya belonging to outlying Oriya (Odia) speaking tracts (OL)||3%|
Note*- There is no NRI-quota in Odisha government B.Tech colleges.
Top B.Tech Colleges in Odisha
Check out the list of top ten B.Tech engineering colleges in Odisha here.
- Central Institute of Plastics Engineering & Technology, Bhubaneswar
- Government College of Engineering, Kalahandi
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology, Sarang
- Silicon Institute of Technology, Sambalpur
- Orissa School of Mining Engineering
- C.V. Raman College of Engineering
- Gandhi Institute For Technological Advancement (GITA)
- Parala Maharaja Engineering College
- Apex Institute of Technology & Management
- Aryan Institute of Engineering and Technology
The above-mentioned counselling and seat allotment process are not applicable for admissions to IIT and NIT Bhubaneswar. In case, candidates have any doubts regarding Odisha B.Tech admissions, they can visit Q & A section of CollegeDekho, the counsellor and experts will help them with all their queries.